PDA

View Full Version : Do you care what people think of you?

Ixtli
10-15-2015, 02:47 PM
Do you really care what people think of you? Even if that means people will think ill of you for your opinions and beliefs? Honestly. I do to a point. I think eventually as I've experienced that people who share different beliefs, morals, principles....so on and so forth are going to butt heads eventually. I don't think it can be helped in the majority. So, not really. There are people at work that either like me, or can't stand me. Some of those people, I could care less about. Especially specific members on other forums that I wouldn't ever want to meet. Some people may be good in a discussion, doesn't mean I want to meet them outside of the forum. I'm sure there are those that share the same thoughts. So I guess.....maybe I don't care what people think of me....

Pumpkin
10-15-2015, 04:14 PM
I do care with certain things like how I'm coming across because you have to deal with people in your life and you don't want to piss everyone off or hurt everyone because you're going to have a hard time of things. But certain other things I don't care what others think, like when it comes to the things that are important to me. If I'm comfortable and happy in the paths that I've chosen well then others are going to have to accept that and I don't care if they don't.

Freya
10-15-2015, 04:32 PM
I do care, but I'm trying to have a "not give a smurf" attitude. Usually when I care too much is when I get issues. So trying to let things roll off me works better.

So those I care about, yeah I care about how they think of me. Other people, I've got such a meh attitude about it now and it's done me wonders for my own emotional state. I used to be all "they said something rude/snotty/snarky/mean, this is the worst thing ever!" I'd get so worked up and wrapped up in it. It was emotionally hard, especially when you valued the person previously or thought highly of them. Now I just roll my eyes and move on. Or just ignore it. I can't change people and some are just going to be that way in life. Might as well just whatever it.

Just do you. If it makes you happy, then you should do it for yourself and not worry about others. Make yourself happy, heck you have to live with yourself. You don't have to live with them.

The only trouble I have is people in my direct life that I can't just ignore, like coworkers or boyfriend's family. I can't just brush them off, they don't go anywhere! That's a struggle of trying not to care about how they see me. They can make things difficult if I am completely true to myself around them.

Karifean
10-15-2015, 04:55 PM
I both care and don't care in different ways. I care because I want to keep a good relationship with everyone I know, and also because if I do interact with people regularly, I want them to interact with "me", not a vague idea of me they have in their heads, so I try to be as upfront about who I am as possible. On the other hand I don't care because I'm comfortable with my worldview and who I am, and those foundations aren't gonna break no matter what people think of them, or me in general as a consequence.

sharkythesharkdogg
10-15-2015, 04:57 PM
The only caring I have for how others view me is for people who are important to me, and for important issues to me.

So, for example, I don't go blasting out in conversations about how I'm atheist to customers. Outside of that, I don't care, but the business is my livelihood and there are still lots of misconceptions about people like me. (http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/in-atheists-we-distrust/) I don't need people thinking their mechanic is screwing them over because he's some godless heathen, so if religion comes up in conversation I keep it vague, nod, and smile.

Bubba
10-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Yeah, everyone cares to some degree. I've found that has lessened significantly the older I've gotten though. I'm looking forward to reaching old age when I will care very little about what anyone thinks. I'll just sit in the corner making inappropriate comments all day.

Ayen
10-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Yes. Yes I do.

Trying to lower that to a "I don't give a smurf." A few more years should do it.

maybee
10-15-2015, 08:29 PM
Yes, a little too much yes. I have social anxiety, so I guess that's a big yes.

SammieBabe
10-15-2015, 09:01 PM
I care what certain people think of me. There are people I respect more than others, and people I care about. I want them to think highly of me. Completely random people who mean nothing to me? I couldn't give a furry rats ass what they think.

black orb
10-16-2015, 06:24 AM
>>> Depends on the people I think, if its someone I like of course i care. About everyone else, I dont give a smurf..:luca:

Richard
10-16-2015, 07:24 PM
I do. If you care too much, it can drive you nuts.

Rin Heartilly
10-19-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so when it comes down to things like how I look, how I do my work, what I wear, I'm a bit self aware. However when it comes to sharing opinions on important things or when people offer advice, I try not to sugarcoat anything and say what I'm feeling (respectfully of course), I don't care about how others perceive my opinions if I'm being truly honest about something.

blackmage_nuke
10-20-2015, 07:23 AM
Do I care what people think of me and my actions: Yes it's a necessary part of self improvement

Do I care what people think about my beliefs/opinions: Yes, being open minded about my beliefs/opinions possibly being wrong is important to becoming a more informed individual

Do I care how people feel about me because of my beliefs/opinions: No, I don't believe things based on how having that belief/opinion will effect other people. (Though I'm willing to change this if someone think of a good argument for why that might not be a good way to go about living.)

fire_of_avalon
10-20-2015, 12:01 PM
I care about what certain people think about certain aspects of my life. I care about what my employer thinks about my work performance, for example. On the other hand I do not care what some people might think about aspects of life over which they have no business. I don't care what my employer thinks about my family life, for example.

And one caveat: if a person has been mean to me in the past or I've even just witnessed them being an asshole for no reason I truly do not give a shit what they think about me. Or anything else for that matter.

Shiny
10-21-2015, 04:45 AM
It's not that important to me what other people think about me more than it is important what they think about in events and things I am really passionate about. It's only about 3-4 people who's opinion of me actually matters because they truly know me. A part of me wishes I cared more what other people thought about me as a person because that would probably help to quell my narcissm but kinda hoping those 3-4 people work that out. :monster:

Christmas
09-16-2022, 01:53 AM
No one ever think of me. :(

SicekaY
10-14-2022, 07:33 AM
Yes, I do! I wonder how to Stop Caring What Other People Think of me??

Christmas
10-14-2022, 12:33 PM
I was thinking of living as a hermit in a secluded island and eat whoever that visits. :bigsmile:

jowzi
11-15-2022, 09:13 PM
We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own,”it' reality.

(https://tweakbox.mobi/) Tutuapp (https://tutuappx.com/)

Loony BoB
11-21-2022, 04:55 PM
https://media.tenor.com/91dTKpkqTn8AAAAC/no-of.gif