PDA

View Full Version : FF1: Using more than one of the same character

Moose Knight
03-29-2002, 09:45 PM
Simply put, do you ever use more than one of the same character (i.e, using two fighters, two red mages, etc.)?

I don't. I just think its cooler to have all your battle sprites different, among other things. So what's your choice? I'm interested in hearing all responses.

Dr Unne
03-29-2002, 10:59 PM
I see nothing wrong with it. F/F/WM/BM is pretty fun. Right now I'm trying WM/WM/WM/WM. Four Fighters is good too. I just try to take parties that'd be fun. I don't much care if there're more than one of the same character.

Marak
03-29-2002, 11:53 PM
I only do it when I decide I want to create a Super Party and buzz through the game - so once in a blue moon I'll make a Fi/Fi/something Party.
If I'm playing the game normally, with the intent to power up and all that, then I never double up on characters, as I dislike having the same battle sprites and my feelings on the topic are about the same as Moose Knight's.
Yeah, so, I voted for "yes, but only rarely" or whatever Option #2 was.

Pancaek
03-30-2002, 12:08 AM
I've only tried a few times. Usually I try to have all different characters.

Also, can someone please change my vote to "Yes, but only a few times"? I accidentally voted for "No, never thought about it". Thanks. =)

Red Wizard
03-30-2002, 12:25 AM
I steer away from multiples at all times. I don't know, but there's something that just doesn't feel right about having two or more characters look exactly alike. Whether or not the parties are death machines is not a factor, I just don't like it.

Jinx2
03-30-2002, 01:11 AM
I don't think that if they're the same class, they're the same character, whenever I take multiples of the same class I give each one a different personality in the story in my head, so I never have the same character. That's just how I play the game. So I have no problem with it.

Sabin Roni Maxwell
03-30-2002, 07:48 AM
I tend to go with What works, if I can make a party go past Lich, then I will take the time to finish it, even if there is more then one of the same type of character in it. my latest game was Ni/Ma/Ma/WW, which was pretty easy after the BB's got to level.10, and even more easy when they got above 15+, it was almost like overkill once I got to level.50

Zidane_2006
03-31-2002, 06:18 AM
personally if you use the same character in final fantasy 1 like fighter with a fighter the game pretty much gets boring.

Book
05-15-2003, 01:33 PM
Using more than one fighter makes the game a bit to easy in my opinion, however throwing in two Black mages is another thing.