PDA

View Full Version : Sailor Moon R The Movie (R STANDS FOR ROSES!)

Ayen
10-19-2015, 07:30 PM
Actually, I don't think the letters stand for anything. But I'm going with roses!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3anqg7_movie-monday-sailor-moon-r-the-movie_shortfilms

I finally learned how to widescreen, OMG! Better camera, too.

Yes, there were movies. One for R, S, and Super S. If you can call 60 minutes a movie, anyway. I looked at the uncut version I had on DVD, but reviewed the English dub because... childhood nostalgia? Who watched this movie? Thoughts?

Discuss.

DMKA
10-21-2015, 12:35 AM
Ah yes, the R movie is by far my favorite of the three SM movies. I've watched it a least a dozen times. I can't stand the dubbed version personally. But they're in the process of re-dubbing it so hopefully it'll be less cheesy, or rather, no more cheesy than SM is in it's original Japanese incarnation. :p

I love the scene where they're flying through space with the rosy shaped silver crystal protecting them while "Moon Revenge" plays. My second favorite is the scene where they fight all the plant monsters right after they first land on the asteroid and Sailor Mars does that awesome giant fire attack that incinerates a wave of them. They're two of my favorite scenes in all of SM media. :heart:

Ayen
10-21-2015, 06:32 PM
It's my favorite too. I like Fiore as a villain a lot more than what the S and Super S movies had.