PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been on TV?

Pike
12-09-2015, 05:00 PM
If so, tell us about it!

CimminyCricket
12-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I was on the color guard for the 2009 Pro Bowl (I think it was 2009, it was the last pro bowl in hawaii). Had a great time standing there holding a rifle.

Did this news thing years ago as a child too, but I don't know if that ever made it on the tele.

Freya
12-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Nothing spectacular but I did a piece every week on our local tv talking about the news for our high school when I was a senior.

Ayen
12-09-2015, 06:03 PM
No, but an email I sent to 38 The Spot was read on TV by the host they had at the time. And my dad's truck and our house was seen by a news helicopter back when we had that amber alert.

However, if you watch my YouTube videos on your TV, I am technically on TV 8D

escobert
12-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Not that I'm aware of but, ti could have happened and I didn't know it!

Zanmato
12-09-2015, 06:39 PM
No... and I don't want to be seen on TV, because I'm shy and stuff... XD

DMKA
12-09-2015, 11:13 PM
Yes. One winter two automobiles slid off the road and smashed into our business and destroyed our showroom, and I was the unfortunate soul who ended up getting interviewed. I was half asleep, freezing, and had a horrible night of sleep the night before. I looked like a complete wreck.

Colonel Angus
12-10-2015, 12:29 AM
I was in the audience of a couple of talk shows & could be seen a little.

Pumpkin
12-10-2015, 12:46 AM
Yes once when I was in kindergarten. I was interviewed by Ronald McDonald at the school and I just kept saying "I dunno" and I was school famous for about a week.

Vermachtnis
12-10-2015, 08:07 AM
I was on one, once. But I fell off.

Fynn
12-10-2015, 09:30 AM
Yes. It was local television, but still. I was in high school and I took part in my aunt's musical theater show that consisted of famous Polish songs from the 20s. So me and four other guys sang "Seksapil" - a song about how women are better because they have sex appeal that can enslave men. And we were the women.

So yeah, my biggest gig on TV is of me in drag :monster:

Still, I looked pretty fabulous. My cousin did my make-up, I had a wig that made me look like Uma Thurman's character in pulp fiction, I had a red dress with water balloon boobs that were soooo cold, and a black feather boa. Oh, and fishnet stockings. Dancing in heels was a disaster, though.

Shaibana
12-10-2015, 02:15 PM
ive been on the dutch tv show Echt Waar?!
its a game where the 2 (and sometimes 3) hosts tell you a story about the origine of something and then you have to decide who tells the truth.

the game starts with 10.000 euros devided over the 100 contestants.
if you answer the question wrong you are out of the game and the money gets devided among those who are left.
when everybody is out half of it goes to charity and you start all over again :)

i didnt win anything :( but it sure was fun to see how such a show gets recorded.
it also confirmed to me that 1 of the hosts is a dick

Fynn
12-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Yes. It was local television, but still. I was in high school and I took part in my aunt's musical theater show that consisted of famous Polish songs from the 20s. So me and four other guys sang "Seksapil" - a song about how women are better because they have sex appeal that can enslave men. And we were the women.

So yeah, my biggest gig on TV is of me in drag :monster:

Still, I looked pretty fabulous. My cousin did my make-up, I had a wig that made me look like Uma Thurman's character in pulp fiction, I had a red dress with water balloon boobs that were soooo cold, and a black feather boa. Oh, and fishnet stockings. Dancing in heels was a disaster, though.

You're aware we'll be wanting pictures of this fabulousness, right? ;)

I don't have any.

Also, I was like 17. Far from the robust hunk you know today :smug:

Fynn
12-10-2015, 04:37 PM
I'd have to hack into my local TV station and steal footage :p

And my aunt was too busy directing the thing to take pictures!

SammieBabe
12-10-2015, 04:42 PM
I was a couple times in high school for dance competitions and such. I was also on briefly when the Friends TV show ended, and I won a trivia contest one of the local radio stations put on for the festivities.
My family was all over TV in 2013 when a sinkhole opened up under my grandfathers house and killed my cousin's brother in law.

Shiny
12-11-2015, 03:03 AM
Not that I'm aware of but, ti could have happened and I didn't know it!
You would have known. It's illegal to show people on television without their consent.

Midgar Mist
12-11-2015, 04:23 AM
Im not sure, I was trying to dodge the camera while also dodging the science experiment with purple cabbage they were trying to foist on me at high school. And I only remember the teacher fast forwarding the video tape, i saw others in it, it was only a segment for some local programme anyway

Laddy
12-14-2015, 02:07 PM
I was interviewed for an anime con once but it was only a blip.

I was almost on Survivor but never got past first round of casting.

Aulayna
12-15-2015, 12:20 AM
I worked at a couple of TV companies during/after University so I often got a bit of "face-time" during pans of the production crew/audience.

Hollycat
12-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Yeah, I won an award for academia in my district. it was a slow news day.

Rin Heartilly
12-15-2015, 08:24 PM
When I was in grade 1, our school was on an excursion to the zoo, god knows why they told me to dress as a butterfly but I did and as I jumped and screamed (because apparently I thought that's what butterflies did when I was 5) the network 10 news filmed me and told me I was going to be on TV that week.

When I got home I told my mum, I was so excited. When I appeared on the news the next day as the closing scene, mum was talking on the phone with my auntie, I yanked on her and told her I was on and she replied "uh huh, good for you" -___- Didn't even watch it. So I got mad and slept in the bathtub that night as revenge.

I guess I was a pretty weird kid.

Zeldy
12-15-2015, 08:58 PM
No, I havent.

Sortof related. But in my last job, I watched out the window from our building as they filmed an episode of Coronation Street (a big TV Soap Opera in the UK) in one of the bars on the road in the Northern Quarter, Manchester.

I saw Kirk vaguely. I asked the consierge of the building to get me autographs.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-15-2015, 10:47 PM
Just some random stuff on local news shows.

They had a couple spots on local news about this distance running invitational I went to, so I was there, and another one they held at Furman University.

I also think maybe some footage of me and the racecar going up the mountain at one of the hillclimbs that was on the news. Not sure on that one, they took lots of footage.

Chibi Youkai
12-16-2015, 08:17 PM
Was interviewed for a special on Lolita fashion in Harajuku in Japan about five years back.

Del Murder
12-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Does a police sketch count?

Hollycat
12-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Does a police sketch count?
Depends on how accurate it was.