PDA

View Full Version : What is your SECOND favorite game?

Pike
10-25-2015, 01:57 AM
We had a thread like this for FFs a while back and I thought it was really interesting, so let's bring it back but with all games.

We talk about favorite games a lot... but what is your SECOND favorite game?

Ayen
10-25-2015, 01:59 AM
Metal Gear Solid.

Karifean
10-25-2015, 02:07 AM
Little Busters! (http://home.eyesonff.com/entry.php/5851-Top-10-Visual-Novels-2-Little-Busters!)

In my eyes unsurpassed in emotional impact.

Wolf Kanno
10-25-2015, 04:46 AM

Fynn
10-25-2015, 07:55 AM
I really don't know. I have like five series that I love to bits that I can't choose between them, let alone select one game for a ranking.

Though, according to a list I did a while back, it's Silent Hill 2.

Randy
10-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Probably Ocarina of Time. The first is always gonna be a FF game.
Ocarina has to be the most flawless game though. Especially the 3DS version since they improved the visuals and fixed the water temple.
The only thing I can find to complain about with the game is that there's nothing worth saving rupees for.

Crop
10-26-2015, 12:16 AM
Timesplitters 2.

My top 5 games in order are incredibly easy to pick, it's after that it gets a little tricky.

Formalhaut
10-26-2015, 12:37 AM
I really don't know. I have like five series that I love to bits that I can't choose between them, let alone select one game for a ranking.

Same here. I have between four or five game series that I hold in equal standing: Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Phoenix Wright and the newcomer Persona. These are the games which I will purchase the new entry without hesitation and are the ones which I have the fondest memories of.

I suppose if those are all joint first place, then second place would probably go to... Professor Layton. I found the puzzles intuitive and the story-line gripping, but I wouldn't say I obsess over the series as much as the other five. I still need to Azran Legacies.

My taste in games is like my taste in music. I tend to stick to several series that I know and love and rarely branch out, unless it is recommended to me. I do have to thank Fynn and Mr. Carny in particular for introducing me to some game series I would never have considered!

Del Murder
10-26-2015, 05:37 AM
Either Final Fantasy VII or Chrono Trigger.

Sephex
10-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Mega Man 2. One of the first games I owned for the NES. Got in on Christmas day when that was the latest Mega Man game. I love the original series in general, but nothing has been able to top that game for me in the Mega Man universe. It's just so damn well designed (no other Mega Man lets you take down the bosses the way this game does with multiple weapons working in different ways against them), and has the series best music.

Bubba
10-26-2015, 03:09 PM
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Nothing comes close to Final Fantasy VII really but this game is magical. Perfectly designed with so much content packed into a relatively small world. It makes me truly happy when I play it.

Pumpkin
10-26-2015, 03:16 PM
Majora's Mask

Rocket Edge
10-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Final Fantasy VIII is and always will be my favourite game. Second is a tie between Call of Duty: World at War, Tekken 3, Dungeon Keeper and Final Fantasy X. I can't separate them.

Rez09
10-30-2015, 09:09 PM
I . . . have no real idea, but the first thing that comes to mind is Mega Man 9, so I'll go with that. It's one of the rare games that I enjoy absolutely everything about and I can simply sit back and enjoy pretty well without reservation. Too bad I don't own it on anything anymore. ; -;

FFNut
10-31-2015, 09:25 AM
If have no clue. May be an elder scrolls entry, possible dragon age. I'm s tough to decide for me on a favourite let alone a second one.

Laddy
11-16-2015, 05:35 PM
My Top 5 is pretty much Final Fantasy VII, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate II, Fallout: New Vegas, and Final Fantasy IX and it rotates around.

As of right now it's probably Baldur's Gate II.

Rin Heartilly
11-22-2015, 10:13 AM
Persona 4 is my favourite after VIII :3

Skyblade
11-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Golden Sun (and I consider both the original and The Lost Age as a single game for this purpose).

After Chrono Trigger, naturally.

Galuf
11-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers series. Sometimes its my no1 but rn its my 2nd favourite. Nice game. Doubt anyone playing it now would agree but you know. Its good. Yes