PDA

View Full Version : Question for people with pets and/or children

blackmage_nuke
10-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Did you have a name picked out before you first met them or did you name them after you saw them?

Pike
10-25-2015, 12:43 PM
No kids but I usually pick out pet names after I see the pet

Freya
10-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Depends. If I like a name I see how it fits with the animal but usually their behavior and attitude gets them a name. It's something I may like, but then if it doesn't fit them, then nope. If it does, then it sticks.

Kids on the other hand oh I have no idea!

escobert
10-25-2015, 03:14 PM
Animals, I usually wait to name them. We had Ben's name picked out in advance of his birth.

Sephex
10-26-2015, 04:14 AM
I don't think I ever named a pet. My parents pretty much named all the cats they had. The two cat I have owned/own were named by my grandma and sister, and I inherited them. I imagine if I get around to owning a pet, I might be in the naming process, but my girlfriend will probably take that over!

Del Murder
10-26-2015, 05:38 AM
My kids had names before they were born. That's a lot of pressure to name a kid right at that time.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-26-2015, 02:25 PM
I named my cat after I got him. I had a few ideas but I had wanted a female cat. Instead I fell in love with a tiny constantly purring black furball that was male.

Bubba
10-26-2015, 04:12 PM
No pets but baby James wasn't confirmed until after we'd seen him. We had a few options (Thomas, James and Alfie) but we decided to wait and see what he looked like. I didn't think he looked like a Thomas or an Alfie so I suggested James to MissH. She didn't have any complaints but she was a little bit out of it!

I think it suits him to a T.

Shaibana
10-28-2015, 08:15 PM
my dog already got her name when we got her. we just kept it that way.
my cats were all named after a couple of weeks when i got to know them :3