PDA

View Full Version : Supergirl The Movie (Yes, there was a movie)

Ayen
10-26-2015, 09:06 PM
I'm declaring today Supergirl Monday. Somebody probably already did that on Twitter or something, but I don't care. I thought of it first.

https://youtu.be/9KbSeR9ucwU

Does anyone else actually remember this movie? Or do I stand alone?

Secondary Topic: Who's excited for Supergirl Series Premiere tonight?

This is me right now: :excited:

charliepanayi
10-26-2015, 10:13 PM
Helen Slater makes for a good Supergirl, but the villains (Faye Dunaway at her hammiest - and Peter Cook?!) are lame, as are the effects. And Peter O'Toole must have been drunk as usual when he agreed to be in it.

Ayen
10-27-2015, 05:55 AM
I haven't seen Faye Dunaway in anything else, so I can't tell if her performance is due to the material, or just her. If they cared enough to make the character more interesting then a witch as the villain might have worked. But I think we can gauge their 'give a smurf' meter from here.

Peter O'Toole being drunk would explain a lot, actually.

charliepanayi
10-27-2015, 10:05 AM
Faye Dunaway was very good in the 60s and 70s in stuff like Bonnie and Clyde, Network and Chinatown, she went off the deep end pretty much (and overdid the plastic surgery) after that.

charliepanayi
11-02-2015, 10:05 AM
It was a nice touch to have Helen Slater as Supergirl's adoptove mother in the new TV series (plus Dean Cain as her adoptive father!). Decent pilot, though I know TV budgetary constraints are always going to be an issue for shows like this. Plus it's on CBS, the home of terrible TV.

Ayen
11-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Don't know about that. The World Premiere was the biggest premiere of the year and it's seems to be bringing in more teenage boys than girls. They keep the ratings up it's going to be around for a long time.

charliepanayi
11-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Well my points were more about how good the show might be rather than how successful it might be.

Ayen
11-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Ahh... I keep forgetting those things are actually separate.

Depressing.

theundeadhero
11-02-2015, 10:06 PM
The old movie was bad enough to deserve its own MST3K episode. The recent show that aired the other day had disappointingly bad acting :(