PDA

View Full Version : What Order Should You Watch the Star Wars Movies In?

Pike
12-14-2015, 05:00 PM
This is a matter of some debate among hardcore fans. Some people even propose alternating them! http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/star-wars/articles/17/title/best-viewing-order-star-wars-marathon

Colonel Angus
12-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Just watch Episode One on repeat for 24 hrs. Afterwards, see a medical professional.

Jinx
12-14-2015, 05:08 PM
IV, V, I, II, III, VI

Ayen
12-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Nowadays I just stick with the original trilogy.

Araciel
12-16-2015, 01:05 AM
probably just watch the og non-special edition trilogy.

maybee
12-16-2015, 02:27 AM
I just do IV, V, and VI

But supposedly people really recommend IV, V, II, III, and VI and to just completely throw I away.

Slothy
12-16-2015, 02:47 AM

This.

But if you do watch the prequels it is perfectly acceptable to ignore episode I since nothing that happens in it is overly important to anything that happens after, I shit you not. But you'll also avoid a lot of bad cgi and plot holes of you don't watch the prequels at all.

Mirage
12-16-2015, 02:52 AM
Chronological. That way,the movies get better and better the more tired of watching Starwars you get. Watching the best stuff first, then the prequels, I would eventually just go "uuurgh fuck this shit, i'll go do something else, they're not that good anyway"

Mr. Carnelian
12-16-2015, 12:37 PM

This.

But if you do watch the prequels it is perfectly acceptable to ignore episode I since nothing that happens in it is overly important to anything that happens after, I trout you not. But you'll also avoid a lot of bad cgi and plot holes of you don't watch the prequels at all.

Am I the only one who thought that Phantom Menace was the best of the prequel films? Jar Jar Binks is one of the most annoying characters ever, but I just blank him. Attack had that tedious, overwrought and stupidly angsty romance plot, and Revenge upped the angst to an even more unbearable level.

Jinx
12-16-2015, 02:26 PM
Am I the only one who thought that Phantom Menace was the best of the prequel films?

Yes.

Mr. Carnelian
12-16-2015, 02:30 PM
Am I the only one who thought that Phantom Menace was the best of the prequel films?

Yes.

Of course! Now I see that Attack and Revenge were masterpieces! How could I have been so blind?! :p

Jinx
12-16-2015, 02:32 PM

Yes.

Of course! Now I see that Attack and Revenge were masterpieces! How could I have been so blind?! :p

That's not what I said. They're awful movies. But you're the only one who thinks Phantom Menace was the best prequel.

Formalhaut
12-16-2015, 04:07 PM

Yes.

That's not what I said. They're awful movies. But you're the only one who thinks Phantom Menace was the best prequel.

I think he was in jest.

Bubba
12-16-2015, 04:12 PM
IV - V - VI - The Podrace from I - II - III

Mr. Carnelian
12-16-2015, 04:39 PM

They most definitely are bad movies. I just think that Phantom is the least awful. Clearly, I'm the only one, and I'm fine with that. :)

Didn't mean to be rude! :(

Pike
12-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Honestly Phantom Menace becomes a lot more watchable if you track down and watch a fan cut called The Phantom Edit, which gets rid of a lot of the Jar Jar and some of the other worst bits of nonsense.

Fynn
12-16-2015, 06:49 PM
I'm an advocate of always watching/reading/playing the thing in the order that it came out, even if the author says another order is optimal. So IV - V - VI - I - II - III. Same goes for Kingdom Hearts and the Chronicles of Narnia ;)

Night Fury
12-16-2015, 06:51 PM
IV, V, II, III, VI

Just don't even bother with Phantom Menace.

Slothy
12-17-2015, 12:20 PM

This.

But if you do watch the prequels it is perfectly acceptable to ignore episode I since nothing that happens in it is overly important to anything that happens after, I trout you not. But you'll also avoid a lot of bad cgi and plot holes of you don't watch the prequels at all.

Am I the only one who thought that Phantom Menace was the best of the prequel films? Jar Jar Binks is one of the most annoying characters ever, but I just blank him. Attack had that tedious, overwrought and stupidly angsty romance plot, and Revenge upped the angst to an even more unbearable level.

I agree that it's actually the best of them, mostly because the directing and effects are the least awful of them all. But as far as how relevant the movies are to things that happen after them, there's pretty much nothing that happens in it that's important to future movies.

Christmas
08-29-2022, 01:57 PM
Just end with VI in regardless of the sequence. Dun venture into IX. :(