PDA

View Full Version : Favourite/Least Favourite Smell

Bubba
10-29-2015, 11:53 PM
Inspired by Freya's newly discovered olfactory excellence...

What smell makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside and... what smell makes you want to throw up on your own feet?

Pike
10-30-2015, 12:26 AM
Okay well there are a lot of smells that I like but I'm just gonna get worst smell out of the way right now by saying tonsil stones, full stop.

Freya
10-30-2015, 12:40 AM
Yeah I can smell again after changing my meds. It's been years. I'd go through random bits of smelling for like a week or so or up to a month after surgeries but now it seems some meds are working well instead!

I've been sniffing a lot of coconut related things today! Coconut and vanillas are my favorite smells.

When it comes to food, I'm a big fan of garlicy things. And bacon :3

Worst smells are skunks and icky sink food that's been sitting for a while (thanks boyfriend)

Colonel Angus
10-30-2015, 03:17 AM
Sulfur is a horrendous smell. No wonder Hell is usually associated w/ that stench.

Favorite is tough. I like the smell of pine. I also like the smell of many foods.

Shiny
10-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Favorite smells: lemongrass, anything floral smelling, fresh brewed coffee, my boyfriend's scent, popcorn, the way I smell after going to the beach, clean linen, fresh pine trees, my dogs after they get their hair did, most shampoos, sesame body oil, this floor wax stuff, crock pot cooking some stuff, that area in ikea that has all the candles

Least favorite smells: vinegar, apple cider vinegar, taxi cabs, port authority, penn station, bums, NYC in general, cigarette smoke, mary j skunk smell, actual skunk, my dogs when their hair isn't did for a while and they go outside in the rain, horrible body odor, rotten eggs, people's towels who use the same one and rarely wash it, bacon grease

crashNUMBERS
11-03-2015, 03:47 PM
my girlfriend smells amazing. kissing her from behind and smelling her neck while I do it gets me wild

fire_of_avalon
11-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Have you ever smelled rotting, rendered fat? It's the worst smell ever, I am convinced.

The best smell is freshly cut grass.

Rin Heartilly
11-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Best smells: Coconut, rosewater, vanilla, warm fresh bread, cakes or cookies baking, fresh linen, peach tea, coffee, hot chocolate, mint, cotton candy, toothpaste, DKNY golden apple scent, lit birthday candles

worst smells: dog poop-or any poop for that matter, vomit, farts, petrol/gasoline, gas, fish smell, ocean smell, rotten eggs, cat pee, fish sauce, lawnmower grass clippings, smoke

Ayen
11-04-2015, 03:47 PM
I love the smell of cordite...you know, that sulfury smell? But to you, it will be the smell of your own death.

Freya
11-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Best smells: Coconut, rosewater, vanilla, warm fresh bread, cakes or cookies baking, fresh linen, peach tea, coffee, hot chocolate, mint, cotton candy, toothpaste, DKNY golden apple scent, lit birthday candles

worst smells: dog poop-or any poop for that matter, vomit, farts, petrol/gasoline, gas, fish smell, ocean smell, rotten eggs, cat pee, fish sauce, lawnmower grass clippings, smoke

See I actually love the smell of gasoline. It's always been one of those odd smells I like and everyone else hates haha

sharkythesharkdogg
11-04-2015, 04:22 PM
It should come as no surprise that I also like gasoline.

Gear oil smells nasty. So does most grease.

I really like new books, old/library books, spice shelves, honeysuckle, ripe scuppernongs, ripe figs, fresh grass, green tea, Marvel Mystery Oil, gasoline, leather, lavender, cinnamon, bakeries, and fresh fish.

I really don't like old fish, trash cans, too much perfume/cologne, burnt hair, rotten eggs, burnt motor oil, burnt rubber, road kill, skunks, road kill skunks, port-a-johns, and the French Quarter in the summer. French Quarter in the summer is easily top 3.

Formalhaut
11-04-2015, 09:36 PM
I have a fairly bad sense of smell, and also a fairly blunt nose, so smells that would offend others either doesn't offend me, or I smell in such low qualities that it doesn't seem that bad.

Iceglow
11-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Smell of bubblegum makes me want to puke instantly. My housemates made the mistake of buying all bubblegum scented soap for the house (we buy communal handwash saves having 5 bottles per bathroom). I was not a happy bunny and wound up making the person responsible for that abomination buy a neutral handsoap for the bathroom I use.

I love clean fresh scents like laundry/bedlinen fresh from the wash. There's also a couple of perfumes what will literally make me turn to goo in your hands.

Bubba
11-06-2015, 11:59 PM
There's also a couple of perfumes what will literally make me turn to goo in your hands.

OK, let's get this straight...

1) One should not have to be forewarned not to wear Fantasy by Britney Spears.

2) It is common decency for a human not to turn into a liquid. One should remain solid at all times.

Iceglow
11-07-2015, 08:45 AM
There's also a couple of perfumes what will literally make me turn to goo in your hands.

OK, let's get this straight...

1) One should not have to be forewarned not to wear Fantasy by Britney Spears.

2) It is common decency for a human not to turn into a liquid. One should remain solid at all times.

Can't say Fantasy by Britney Spears is actually one of them but you're right, turning to liquid is not common decency... I really ought to get that looked in to by a doctor right? :D

Madame Adequate
11-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Best smell: Gasoline
Worst smell: Coffee

other smells might be more gross or whatever, but nothing else gives me a headache just from the smell

Laddy
11-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Gasoline in moderation is actually bad. I also like peaches, paper, and clean linen.

A loathe the smell of marijuana, personally.