PDA

View Full Version : What is the best thing you ever got out of a cereal box or Happy Meal as a kid

Pike
10-30-2015, 07:22 PM
I'm gonna go with Chex Quest which was literally just a Doom re-skin (no, seriously.)

It totally came for free in a cereal box! It was awesome as a kid to like, open a box of cereal and suddenly have a new video game.

Wolf Kanno
10-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Rarely ate much cereal growing up that wasn't cornflakes or cheerios so I would say the Dinosaur spoons that came with Captain Crunch

kurgZqnnlDo

I love dinosaurs. :love:

theundeadhero
10-31-2015, 03:40 AM
When I was very little McDonalds would sometimes either sell chicken mcnugget boats or they came with a happy meal, I can't remember which. They were just pieces of styrofoam shaped vaguely like a boat, and I think they may have had pictures of the chicken mcnuggets on them, but it was too long ago to remember. This was five or so years before they used to have happy meal toys of chicken mcnuggets dressed in halloween costumes, which were equally awesome.

EDIT:
Uploaded a picture of what may be the boat I'm thinking of.
Heres some Mcnugget toys: http://friendlyghost.typepad.com/lost_found_vintage_toys/2014/10/halloween-chicken-mcnugget-buddies.html

blackmage_nuke
10-31-2015, 11:59 PM
Age of Empires

Ayen
11-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Toy Story action figures.

Oh, and those plastic spoons that change colors when you leave them in the fridge.

FFIX Choco Boy
11-01-2015, 12:30 AM
The food.

I never liked "toys" as a kid, and I certainly never got a video game from them.

Jiro
11-05-2015, 10:40 AM
I was always happy to get cereal out of my cereal box. The possibilities were somewhat discomforting.

Laddy
11-08-2015, 07:46 AM
There was this Monsters Inc pinball game for the PC I got once, though I can't remember what cereal it was from. Eight year-old me played the ever-loving trout out of that game though. It was quite high-quality, too, for being surrounded by grain drenched in artificial dye and high fructose corn syrup.

MissH
12-05-2015, 10:27 PM
Mini Ty Beanie babies in McDonalds Happy Meals! BEST THINGS EVER!!!

Madame Adequate
12-06-2015, 12:55 AM
A cheeseburger!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-09-2015, 02:16 AM

Ayen
12-09-2015, 02:27 AM

OMG I have that! Buried in the basement somewhere, but I have it!

Sephex
12-09-2015, 05:01 AM
I can't remember anything really notable. I am sure I got plenty of things that entertained me for a bit, but that's about it.

I do remember a pretty cute story, though. For those of you who don't know my family that well, I have a sister about 10 years younger than me. When she was still a child she tried to enter to win a VW Beetle for me that was custom made to look like Pikachu. She didn't enter because of her interest in Pokemon, but to get me a car! She never won it, but I did see that very model at a dealership somewhat close to my area years later, though. I am sure whatever cereal company ran it offered multiple cars, but it would be interesting if someone near my area happened to win that very car.

Rin Heartilly
12-09-2015, 05:06 AM
I never got much fastfood or cereal as a kid :( Although I don't really like cereal anyway. I remember the only time I did was pokemon lucky charms because mum knew how much I loved pokemon xD
I remember the cereal and cheese slices came with a pokemon card, I got Dark charizard from the cheese slices and ancient mew from the cereal :3

Bri
12-09-2015, 05:25 AM
I honestly can't remember what I got out of a cereal box or happy meal but I do remember getting different stickers and other cool stuff from cracker jack boxes. Those were the days, wish I could have a cracker jack box right now!

Aerith's Knight
12-09-2015, 10:08 AM
I got my toys as a kid from Kinder eggs, but yeah, the best one was a toy airplane. It was so badass, if you took off the propellors you could pretend they were laser guns.