PDA

View Full Version : How many phone numbers have your memorised?

blackmage_nuke
11-02-2015, 04:48 AM
I know my mobile, and my home, the emergency numbers for UK, USA and AUS, and 3 phone numbers from commercial jingles (not sure if they're still in service). If I had a few guesses I might be able to get my Dad's mobile and my local pizza place

fire_of_avalon
11-02-2015, 04:53 AM
Like.in my entire life of one's that I use right now? I probably know hundreds of phone mumbers. Well maybe one hundred.

Ayen
11-02-2015, 04:55 AM
2-3. But the numbers I memorized are either no longer in service, or numbers I don't dial anymore.

Colonel Angus
11-02-2015, 05:44 AM
My number
My Mom's number (barely)
My Grandparent's number
The Empire Carpet number

Old Manus
11-02-2015, 10:57 AM
I know a lot of phone numbers that don't work any more as the place or person changed their number. I perpetually find myself being unable to remember their new ones.

Freya
11-02-2015, 04:08 PM
I don't even know my office's number and Ihave to give that out. It's written on a sticky-note on my desk to be able to repeat over the phone. Ever since I could just add numbers to my phone, I've never had to remember anything anymore. I just have to hit their name and tada!

Pike
11-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Mine and a couple of old ones from my childhood

and 911 I guess

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-03-2015, 01:29 AM
Not including any jingles (like J.G. Wentworth), I have six memorized.

Mine
My Fathers
Work - Office
Work - Boss' Office
Work - Bigger Boss' Office
Old Work

DMKA
11-04-2015, 04:59 AM

I actually have to look in my phone to find my number when someone else asks for it.

Sephex
11-04-2015, 06:32 AM
I have a handful memorized. I used to be really good at memorizing dozens upon dozens of phone numbers, but cell phones made that obsolete. It's best to keep a backup list somewhere in case a lightening bolt hits you and you only survive because your cell phone absorbed the charge.

Shiny
11-04-2015, 06:32 PM
The Po Po
My number
My parent's numbers including the house number

That's all folks

escobert
11-06-2015, 07:05 PM
my parents.

Iceglow
11-06-2015, 07:10 PM
I have very little need to memorize telephone numbers outside of my own or my work line. As such I probably know like 2 - 3 off the cuff if you were to test me. However, if we expand that in to the short codes for my firms offices? Then you'd probably throw that to 30+ easily. I don't need to memorize telephone numbers so I don't. That being said, I have memorized my debit card number in full which is a 16 digit code, plus the expiry and CVC? (another 9 numbers) and the PIN? I could probably memorize a shit ton of numbers if I had to. I just don't feel the need to do it.

Laddy
11-10-2015, 12:24 PM
My parents, my two sisters, my three closest friends, work, and a couple of local delivery restaraunts.

Slightly more than average. Sucks when I need to call Satan and I forget his number so I have to say "Call Satan" into Siri and everyone judges me. :(

sharkythesharkdogg
11-10-2015, 12:55 PM
4 or 5 including my own. 2 of those are auto parts stores. :roll2

Shauna
11-10-2015, 01:03 PM
I was thinking I only know one or two telephone numbers, but then I remembered that I could quote you a whole host of Tax Office telephone numbers at the drop of a hat. :(

Mr. Carnelian
11-10-2015, 01:29 PM
I can remember my old home phone number, and my Mum's old mobile number (neither of which are in use anymore). That's it.

I'm TERRIBLE at memorising numbers. I always ask Formy what my number is if someone needs to know it.

Bubba
11-10-2015, 02:08 PM
This is a running joke between myself and MissH. I have her mobile number memorised for emergencies but she has real trouble remembering mine. I think she's nearly got there now!

Other than that I know my old home number, my first girlfriend's old mobile (lots of dialling her from work) and my own.

Only two valid numbers though. Mine and MissH's.

NorthernChaosGod
11-11-2015, 03:00 AM
Other than my own, I have the number of my mother, our Vons/Ralphs discount, and my best friend memorized.