PDA

View Full Version : Fire VS Lightning

blackmage_nuke
11-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Do you have a gas stove or an electric stove?
Which do you prefer?

Bri
11-06-2015, 10:12 PM
I prefer electric stove. When I was living back in Salem, Massachusetts in a one-bedroom apartment it had a gas stove and I didn't like it one bit. I'd always freak out that if I turned it on it would somehow explode. I also from time would smell gas leak. I don't know how many times I would call up the landlord just to check if there was any gas leak.

Ayen
11-06-2015, 10:14 PM
We have a gas stove. I don't really have a preference.

Mr. Carnelian
11-07-2015, 11:12 AM
I have electric, and I prefer electric. Gas ovens make me nervous.

Leave an electric hob on by accident, you're just wasting electricity. Leave a gas hob on and you could get yourself killed.

Laddy
11-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Electric. Easier to clean, easier to cook, and you won't die.

blackmage_nuke
11-09-2015, 09:28 AM
I use a gas stove and I've never cooked on an electric stove but from the general response in this thread I'd like to try it.

I've used gas stoves all my life so while feel a little worried, I don't really have a debilitating fear of them exploding.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-14-2015, 10:11 AM
I have a gas oven and I work in kitchens (all commercial gas ovens). Gas is pretty safe. You smell it long before it is dangerous. Especially modern equipment has plenty of failsafes. Though old stoves that have those finicky pilots that are always on do make me paranoid. Which is why I like my current one with the electric lighter.