PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft movie

charliepanayi
11-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Here's a trailer. I hope it's as good as all those other films based on video games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

Pike
11-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Trailer does very little for me and I'm a gigantic warcraft lore nerd.

I feel like the First War, which is what the movie focuses on, isn't the most exciting thing in the world (of warcraft) anyway. And I think it should've been like... fully animated. Go all out like a Pixar movie. Warcraft has always looked like a comic book. Just go all out with it IMO.

Slothy
11-06-2015, 08:57 PM
That movie looks terrible I'm not going to lie. The cgi especially is atrocious. The integration is awful and it looks cartoony as hell. I agree with Pike that animating it would have been better just because it wouldn't look awful. But based on that trailer it doesn't seem like it has anything else going for it either.

So basically another crappy looking video game movie.

charliepanayi
11-06-2015, 09:08 PM
In its defence, at this point (the film is still a few months away) CGI often isn't finished and this shows in the trailer. But it could just wind up looking bad anyway!

Bri
11-06-2015, 10:17 PM
I will just have to watch it. Hopefully I will get Escobert to watch along.

Ayen
11-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Enemies working together leading to conflict to both sides. Man and beast forming a friendship despite it all, and a potential inter-racial love interest?

I feel like I've seen this movie before.

Pike
11-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Enemies working together leading to conflict to both sides. Man and beast forming a friendship despite it all, and a potential inter-racial love interest?

I feel like I've seen this movie before.

Well I don't know how closely this is following the original lore but for what it's worth the two sides do NOT get along whatsoever and will launch into a huge ongoing war for the next 10+ years, also the humans lose

Freya
11-07-2015, 12:22 AM
The cinematic for the next expansion looks better than the movie. I'll still see it regardless because CGI doesn't bother me like it does most people. It's because Legendary did the Movie and Blizz did the cinematic.

eYNCCu0y-Is

See? They should have just animated the whole movie! But it took 4-6 hrs to render one frame of Varian here so hahaha a whole movie rendered? hahahaha

Slothy
11-07-2015, 01:16 AM
But it took 4-6 hrs to render one frame of Varian here so hahaha a whole movie rendered? hahahaha

That's not unusual for full length computer animated films. And that's really just having the render farms crunch the numbers when it comes to render time. There aren't actually people sitting there doing nothing waiting for it to render.

Also, watching that expansion cinematic makes me realize I know dick all about what's happening in the warcraft universe now. They need to make a Warcraft 4 already and ignore absolutely everything that happened in their stupid MMO.

Freya
11-07-2015, 03:44 AM
Oh I can help you.

So Warcraft 3? You know the demon guys? Yah they're back. That's the new expansion. Bit of a lore junkie so I've been looking forward to it since reign of chaos.

The movie is based off Warcraft 1/2.

Pike
11-07-2015, 10:16 AM
As far as I'm aware the movie is just based off of Warcraft 1. Like, so long as Stormwind stands, it's still Warcraft 1.

edit: they threw in some dwarves and high elves, is that the WC2 stuff you are referring to?

theundeadhero
11-08-2015, 07:08 AM
It's disappointing how flat the actors sound when delivering their lines. That made me less excited for this movie, but no matter how bad it ends up being I'll still see it in the theaters.

When I first saw the cinematic Friday all I could really think about is how old Varian is starting to look, and an ongoing hope that they actually do something with Sylvanis again.

Laddy
11-08-2015, 07:57 AM
From a lore perspective they chose an odd series of events to focus on.

There definitely seems to be talent behind the project and Legendary seems to have faith in it as a project but visually it looks jarring. The live action segments with the over-the-top prop designs look campy. Just animate the whole thing.

I doubt it it will be the worst thing ever a la Bloodrayne but color me not impressed right now.