PDA

View Full Version : How many Dragon Quest games have you played?

Wolf Kanno
11-07-2015, 08:58 PM
So which Dragon Quests have you played? Which was your favorite? Did you beat the ones you've played? What's your favorite thing about the franchise?

Laddy
11-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Dragon Quest VII is one if my favorites RPG's on the PS1. The thing is just stuffed with content and the large world contributes to its very long playtime, an additional reason why I've never actually completed it.

I love me some Dragon Quest and I want to play the ones I missed out on, notably V.

Madame Adequate
11-07-2015, 10:13 PM
I've only played VII, but I couldn't get into it at all so it's just a few hours of play. I'm planning on trying VIII sometime soon because I like large breasts.

Ayen
11-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Nada. Zip. The big goose egg.

Klubbie
11-08-2015, 12:47 AM
I've played Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest IV, dabbled with DQV, and DQ VIII.

I really like the DQ series a lot. There are some things that it does better than Final Fantasy that have always drawn me to it. I'd probably say I like DQ8 the most. But DQ4 is right up there. I've always wanted to play DQ7 but never got it. Now it's so expensive, but one day I will probably buy it.

Pumpkin
11-08-2015, 02:34 AM
DQ IV - Beat, enjoyed alright
DQ V - Beat, adored, one of my favourite games ever
DQ VIII - Tried a few times, never beat, did not like
DQ IX - Close to beating, enjoyed

Del Murder
11-08-2015, 04:27 AM
I played all of them through IX. I've beaten them all except VI and VII.

theundeadhero
11-08-2015, 05:44 PM
The first eight and I enjoyed three the most.

Colonel Angus
11-08-2015, 06:04 PM
The only one I really gave an effort w/ was VIII, which I loved. I dipped my toe in the waters of some of the early ones, but hadn't found time to really get into them.

Vermachtnis
11-08-2015, 07:25 PM
I've played III, V, VIII, IX, and Heroes. I've only beaten V and IX. VIII just kept going and going and my battery died in III and I couldn't save anymore. Heroes is fun and I'm playing it at the moment. I like how it's not really a Warriors game, but a Dragon Quest game with a Warriors battle system. V is my favorite so far, I'm sad that Deberoh isn't in Heroes. But it does make me want to go back and play IV for Alena.

Wolf Kanno
11-10-2015, 06:33 AM
I've played all the number entries except for VI and X. I've beaten all of them except DQII and IX (working on both currently) and III is my favorite. I appreciate the old school charm of the series and while it has become easier over time, it's still more challenging and requires patience as opposed to more modern fare within the genre.

Sephex
11-10-2015, 07:01 AM
I-IX. I've beaten I, II, V, VIII, and IX and I got far in the other ones. Though all of them are grindy, III, VI, and VII are just too much for me with how they have the job systems set up. I do plan on tacking IV one of these days.

Fynn
11-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Only played VIII. I really enjoyed it, but I played it in my pre-MegaTen fanboy period, so I couldn't beat it :p I really hope we get the 3DS rerelease so I can try again!

CactuarKing
01-02-2016, 12:36 PM
VIII and the DS one (IX I think). Both were rather good.

Fynn
01-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Since this thread has been bumped, I think it's only appropriate that I say that I've started playing the series one by one from the beginning. Already beat I and II, playing III, I also have IV - VI and IX and intend to play VII and VIII when they come out on the 3DS.

Galuf
01-02-2016, 02:25 PM
A bit of 1 and 2. On snes. I thought 2 was a bit better but i never got too far. Me too dumb fer that game

Vyk
01-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Only played the first one and probably only because it was free with a subscription to Nintendo Power. I never saw it available in the wild. I've been it a few times. I'm sure I've dabbled in the others through the SNES but can't remember. Always been scared away by people saying they're grindy and lacking story. They are a curiosity that I'm glad exists because of its influence but they rarely pique my interest. I'd play Heroes though