PDA

View Full Version : Sounds From Outside

Laddy
11-07-2015, 10:01 PM
I live next to a busy street and a bit away from a train track so what I want to know is this: What sounds and auditory annoyances irritate you from outside your house/apartment/flat/castle/floating crystal fortress?

Madame Adequate
11-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Not too many here, actually. We're a bit up a side road so we rarely hear anything much from the main roads - only REALLY heavy trucks, or things with sirens.

We do get some twats tearing up and down our little urban street with a school at one end in their stupid bullshit cars and that's annoying, but it's not that common.

Ayen
11-07-2015, 10:24 PM
The noises only irritate me when I'm trying to record. Which can be anything from a motorcycle engine, to a plane flying over my house.

Galuf
11-07-2015, 11:38 PM
I like outside sounds. Makes me feel less lonely.

But nothing is better than rain and wind. Sooo calming and nice.

NorthernChaosGod
11-08-2015, 12:58 AM
I live right next to my community's pool. I get bothered by how loud and obnoxious kids are when they're there. It's the worst during summer when there will be screaming children as early as 8 o'clock and I'm still trying to sleep in.

Pumpkin
11-08-2015, 04:13 AM
Auditory? Nothing, really. The neighbours do leave their light on right next to our bedroom window all night though and the shades don't block it out enough. I need those really good ones that make the room pitch black. But yeah, that really annoys me.

Shiny
11-08-2015, 05:47 AM
It is mostly quiet from the outside. Only the sound of occasional rain, but my neighbor above me sometimes makes me really loud stomping and banging noises that vibrate my furniture. That definitely annoys me. Why would someone walk that hard?

Mr. Carnelian
11-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Drunk people in the street. It's only bad on Fridays and Saturdays, though.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-12-2015, 07:01 PM
I miss the sound of trains at night.

Formalhaut
11-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Drunk people in the street. It's only bad on Fridays and Saturdays, though.

You do get to hear some hilarious situations played out as well.