PDA

View Full Version : EoFF, I Need Your Help!

Laddy
11-08-2015, 07:30 AM
You guys may or not remember me, but from the years of 2006-2012 I was quite active here. I obsessed over a certain breed of vertically-challenged dog, performed poorly in Mafia, pretentiously declared my love for obscure video games, and oogled some of the members personally. However, these last few years I remained inactive, much to my regret, beyond an occasional pop in and out. It makes this even more difficult to come to you guys with this, but I need your help.

WARNING: There is some unpleasant subject matter discussed from here on out so bear in mind.

About two years ago I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn%27s_disease), a nasty chronic gastrointestinal malady with such lovely symptoms as bowel inflammation, diarrhea, pain, fever, rashes, weight loss, depression, and other fine things. However, due to the utterly fucked up medical system of the United States and living on a server's salary, I haven't been able to buy insurance OR pay for the medication or procedures I need. I'm having difficulty paying for rent and such as is.

A few months ago I noticed signs of a partial bowel obstruction (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowel_obstruction) in my colon. The nature of this obstruction could be mild but potential could be something quite serious, such as a tumor. Due to being in financial dire straits, I didn't think much of it. However, I need to get testing done as soon as possible. However, I can't spare any funds of my own.

In addition, I have several damaged teeth that have caused pain, stress, and anxiety but no means to realistically pay to have them treated without going into debt. This has worsened my depression and self-esteem and caused additional physical pain.

Here's where I could use your help. I have started a GoFundMe campaign (https://www.gofundme.com/xk94br3a) so I can help raise funds to attend to these issues. I hate that I am reduced to literally begging on the internet for help but I do fear I am all out of options. Any help you can provide, with money or even just encouragement or spreading the word, would be much appreciated. Thank you guys so much for years of friendship and good times, and here's to many more.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-09-2015, 12:57 PM
It's all I can swing, but hopefully it adds up.

Good luck, buddy. You should come visit more often when you have time.

Laddy
11-19-2015, 03:18 AM
As of right now, I'm $200 short for rent due Tuesday as my roommate left suddenly a couple of weeks ago and I won't have a roommate until two weeks or so. Any help you guys can offer will be much appreciated!

Formalhaut
11-19-2015, 04:02 AM
I'm but a humble student, but I'll see what I can swing by. I really hope your situation improves Laddy! You know you always have a family here at EoFF! :D

~*~Celes~*~
11-19-2015, 04:14 AM
I wish I could help, dude :( I'm sorry I can't help, but I will send you positive vibes!

sharkythesharkdogg
11-19-2015, 04:09 PM
Sorry I didn't have a whole lot extra. I hope it works out. :(

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Mlf-oPH_JnE/maxresdefault.jpg

Freya
11-19-2015, 05:19 PM
I tried to donate on my phone this morning but that didn't workout. I'm going to have to try again when I get off work and at my home computer. I was waiting until payday today but I'll try to give what I can!

Del Murder
11-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Laddy, I hope you get better. I really don't want to derail your thread so hopefully this is a quick question with a quick answer. Wasn't the Affordable Care Act intended to allow people just like you to afford health insurance? Is there nothing you can do through your employer or a public health care exchange?

Laddy
11-20-2015, 07:49 AM
Good question. I had health insurance that my father paid for but him being a gambling addict, failed to make his payments. The deductible was $3000 anyway since I couldn't qualify for a lower deductible.

As for my employer, to my knowledge I haven't worked there long enough for receive such benefits. I'll look into that, however.