PDA

View Full Version : Wandering Into Your Doom

Laddy
11-08-2015, 08:34 AM
I actually quite like FFII. I think it feels more open in gameplay than most other games of this era. The character advancement is fun as well.

However, this game is the easiest to walk into a high-level areas and get yourself absolutely demolished by a Gigas on your first visit to Fynn whilst level-grinding. Anyone else have this problem?

Saber
11-10-2015, 09:35 PM
yeah in the first bit I just walked west a little ways and got owned. It took a while to figure out I needed to go east. Anyways it's not really my favorite FF.

Ayen
11-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Final Fantasy II is so weird. Your stats actually go up when you unequip your weapons and go bare fist. I was doing so much damage in the earlier stages with my hands monsters were running away FROM ME!

But yeah, I got in some high level areas by accident. Status alignment are more unforgiving in that game, too. You can't afford too many missteps.

Pike
11-10-2015, 09:54 PM
I'm just posting in this thread to say that I LOVE THIS GAME and I need to replay it... maybe I will do this after my current backlog is finished, and after NaNo is finished, and after the holidays are over.

Bubba
12-02-2015, 11:37 AM
I just fired this bad boy up yesterday for the first time. Actually really enjoying it so far! The levelling weapons and magic reminds me a lot of Secret of Mana. It makes a nice change from the standard levelling system. I agree that it's very easy to walk into a fight you're not equipped for. I was levelling up at the start outside Altair and went to the bottom peninsular and got absolutely creamed in seconds. A similar thing happened when was heading to Semitt Falls. Walked too far West and bam! Dead. I've learned pretty quickly to make sure I save often.

Just come out of the Bafsk Sewers after watching the Dreadnought take off. Gonna head back to Poft now and speak the original Cid!