PDA

View Full Version : Where's the weed in Final Fantasy 7?

Team_Wingless
11-09-2015, 12:51 AM
Srs question, don't flame me!!

So I'm like a quarter of the way through my next novel project, which is a gritty reinterpretation of the original game (iunno FF7 based in the South Bronx). A lot of ppl don't like that I'm sticking real world references in the story but I'm having fun with it. Plus everyone on this forum seems pretty chill so I'm not afraid. So that leaves a very important question...if there were weed in this game, where would it be at?

I was thinking it's at the Chocobo Farm, but maybe you guys have better suggestions?

Thx!
[hashtag Childhoodruined]

Saber
11-09-2015, 08:21 AM
There is an item you can get called Loco Weed. Maybe Cloud can smoke that. :D

fat_moogle
11-09-2015, 10:31 AM
The Church in Sector 5. We all know what Aerith was really selling in the slums ;)

sharkythesharkdogg
11-09-2015, 01:00 PM
It would probably make the most since to see it showing up in a few different areas since it's not just used by one area of society. Midgar slums, Costa del Sol (Jamaica), and maybe Bugenhagen has some special peyote.

Lazerface
11-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Not sure this contributes or helps. But apparently Locoweed...is the weed you're looking for.

fat_moogle
11-09-2015, 04:29 PM
What if Weed was a type of Materia? However this is a different type of Materia that doesn't grow from gaining experience in battle. The only way to level up a Weed Materia would be by smoking Locoweed. Once you've smoked enough Locoweed then the Weed Materia would grow a level and each time this happens the Locoweed you smoke gets stronger xD

Bubba
11-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Gongaga.

That ruined reactor is the perfect front for a huge underground drugs lab.

Lazerface
11-18-2015, 04:31 PM
What would even be the purpose of weed materia?

fat_moogle
11-18-2015, 07:44 PM

Lazerface
11-19-2015, 01:08 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh hahaha. Good one. Likely send that weed towards Sephiroth and make him chill the fuck out.

Slothy
11-19-2015, 01:11 AM
The Church in Sector 5. We all know what Aerith was really selling in the slums ;)

Poppies?

Rokk
11-20-2015, 02:23 AM
Never crossed my mind. However, if you were to find such an equivalent in the world I would assume it would be traded on the backstreets of Midgar but probably sourced from somewhere like Gongaga or Mideel.

Ayen
11-20-2015, 06:55 AM

Poppies?

Her prices are way too high, though.

Bubba
11-20-2015, 08:12 AM

Poppies?

maybee
11-21-2015, 07:37 PM

Poppies?

Only if she disliked you though, if she fancied you like Cloud, then her prices are extremely cheap.

Rokk
11-21-2015, 11:42 PM

Poppies?

Only if she disliked you though, if she fancied you like Cloud, then her prices are extremely cheap.

Cloud gets a discount, bet he makes up for it in other ways.

crashNUMBERS
11-25-2015, 03:20 PM
well I think the obv places would be city/slummy areas like most of midgar, gongaga, etc. If you wanna include more hardcore drugs they could also be found in midgar Id say along with golden saucer.
the dessert beneath golden saucer as well
barrett's hometown, that place full of tents. forgot the name. that could be like the heroin spot
blahblahblah
the turks could have a side gig pushing drugs as well

Jessweeee♪
12-02-2015, 05:16 PM
um, everywhere?

Ayen
12-02-2015, 07:00 PM

Poppies?

That's ridiculous. There's no way Aerith/Aeris wouldn't like me. I'm cute and adorable gaiadammit!

Lazerface
12-02-2015, 11:30 PM
well I think the obv places would be city/slummy areas like most of midgar, gongaga, etc. If you wanna include more hardcore drugs they could also be found in midgar Id say along with golden saucer.
the dessert beneath golden saucer as well
barrett's hometown, that place full of tents. forgot the name. that could be like the heroin spot
blahblahblah
the turks could have a side gig pushing drugs as well Either that or they're cooking meth.