PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen the Star Wars Christmas Special?

Pike
12-15-2015, 05:01 PM
I saw it on YouTube once.

It was amazing.

theundeadhero
12-15-2015, 09:56 PM
I have, but it doesn't hold a candle to the He-man Christmas special.

blackmage_nuke
12-15-2015, 10:33 PM
I had to turn it off at stir whip etc

I saw the cantina section on youtube and that was pretty interesting

Ayen
12-16-2015, 12:40 AM
I didn't watch it in full, but I have seen the Nostalgia Critic review it. It looked awful!

maybee
12-16-2015, 02:34 AM
Nope, but just watched Jontron's review of the movie this morning- the movie looks like a giant crazefest.

Sephex
12-16-2015, 03:44 AM
Never seen it, but have seen multiple reviews on it.

The Nostalgia Critic review covered it well.
Red Letter Media had a hilarious round table discussion on it.
And like maybee said, JonTron did a review of it today, which did a good job injecting his own humor into it (also a COOL ending for....long time fans, I'll just say).

These three main reviewers/channels have drastically differing review styles, and every one of them were simply baffled at how bizarre the special was (though Red Letter Media delved deeper into other aspects of it instead of simply freaking out).

Again, I have never seen it, and because of all these reviews I never will. Honestly, every single one of them complain that far too many scenes just drag on. I got a bit bored watching the reviewers highlight them. Plus, even if you were to force your mind into the mindset of only A New Hope existing at that time, a lot of it doesn't feel like Star Wars at all. It feels like any other awkward TV special from the 70s. Though this one does get points for being more bizarre.

SammieBabe
12-16-2015, 07:21 PM
I have yet to watch it. But the Hubs has the RiffTrax version of it downloaded. I wanted to drink a bunch of wine this weekend and watch it.

DMKA
12-17-2015, 03:12 AM
I've only seen bits and pieces over the years and I still can't believe it was actually made, and that all those actors actually signed on for it.

I didn't even know it was an actual thing until Weird Al's White and Nerdy music video came out, and there's a part where he's nervously buying a brown paper bag of contents from a street thug in an alley that you would assume were drugs, only for him to pull out...

http://s23.postimg.org/fhbv74t2j/Bm2_Uklj.png

I keep telling myself I'm going to make myself sit through it from start to finish someday but haven't managed to get there yet.

Bubba
12-17-2015, 11:59 AM
What the hell is it?

Hollycat
12-17-2015, 04:30 PM
The fact that it exists blows my mind. Ill probably get around to watching it someday, but I was never a huge fan of the series anyways. If there hadn't been laser swords little me wouldn't have cared.

Chris
12-23-2015, 11:17 AM
If you don't like it, I will fight you. Bea Arthur is my life. Or was. :(

charliepanayi
12-23-2015, 03:49 PM
There's a funny article about it here:
http://www.avclub.com/article/and-introducing-chewbaccas-family-case-file-30-ith-89782

Apparently most of the main Star Wars cast got drunk before taking part in it, so they clearly knew what a trainwreck it was going to be.

Interestingly it included the first appearance of Boba Fett though!

Christmas
12-19-2022, 01:04 AM
It was acceptable. :pinkelephant: