PDA

View Full Version : Finding Dory

charliepanayi
11-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Here's the first trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JNLwlcPBPI

As much as I liked Finding Nemo, it feels a bit disappointing that Pixar is back in sequel/prequel mode when Inside Out was so good (and I'm hoping The Good Dinosaur delivers later this month too). I'll still likely watch this though.

Freya
11-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Ooooooo. I love Nemo so much that I'm actually excited for this sequel!

Bubba
11-10-2015, 04:47 PM
Ooooooo. I love Nemo so much that I'm actually excited for this sequel!

Me too!

Cause we were like, "woaaaah", and I was like, "woaaaah", and you were like, "woaaahh..."

sharkythesharkdogg
11-10-2015, 05:19 PM
I think since they took their time with this one, it might end up being pretty good. They didn't crank out the Toy Stories and they didn't really crank out these back to back.

I think that's a good sign. I'm curious who her family members will be.

Del Murder
11-10-2015, 06:05 PM
I was never the biggest Finding Nemo fan but I bet my kids will like it.

DMKA
11-11-2015, 12:54 AM
Ellen is gold as Dory. I can't not see this.

blackmage_nuke
11-12-2015, 07:41 AM
Pixar is pretty good with their sequels (except for maybe cars 2 which I havent seen) so I'll be interested to see where this goes.

charliepanayi
06-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Bump as it's out now in some places (but not the UK until end of July!)

Pike
06-19-2016, 09:03 PM
Just saw this. Liked it a lot, it wasn't as good as the first but was still solid. (Which, I'm sure, is an outcome that surprises very few people.)

Some vaguely spoilery stuff, nothing too major:

One of the things that bothered me a tiny bit about the movie was that it felt almost too absurd. The first movie still felt like a plausible adventure (about talking fish, yeah I know) which was part of the charm. The second movie featured, uh, an octopus driving a semi-truck. Which on the one hand was great, but on the other hand, well, let's say it was a bit of a stretch.

I did really like how the film kind of touched on mental illness. Dory's memory issues were handled with care by most of the characters and the ones who made the mistake of being harsh on her early on learned their mistakes and apologized later.

Sigourney Weaver cameo and Dory's lines about her new friend Sigourney was my favorite part.

I enjoyed it. For best results watch the first movie again before you go in to watch this one, it will help you get a lot of little references. Oh, and stick around after the credits for a great bonus scene.

Ayen
06-19-2016, 10:10 PM
I've heard nothing but good things so far.

I just don't want to spend any money.

DMKA
06-20-2016, 12:38 AM
Saw it on Friday. It was wonderful. It doesn't surpass the greatness of Finding Nemo but it's surprisingly close and for a movie about cartoon fish, it does an amazing job of pulling at your heart strings. I'd rank it pretty high on the list of Pixar's films.

Also, Baby Dory is the cutest thing ever.

TheKeybasHKey
06-20-2016, 06:37 AM
As someone who watched Finding Nemo in Theaters... I do really want to go see this movie.

But what i heard in Mexico comes out in July...

maybee
06-20-2016, 08:46 AM
Going to see this movie with my family next week ! I'm not big on Finding Nemo, but I love and adore Dory. :jess:

Just keep swimming~ Just keep swimming~

As someone who watched Finding Nemo in Theaters...

When I was younger I saw both Nemo and Shark Tale in the cinema and I preferred Shark Tale so much more.

* cringe face @ younger self *