PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 4: Dog. Dog never changes.

Psychotic
11-10-2015, 07:56 PM
So it's here and I'm listening to Ride of the Valkyries as I stomp through a bunch of Raiders in my nice new Power Armour. Fuck. Yes.

Ayen
11-10-2015, 08:20 PM
For a dog neither see black nor white. They see different shades of gray. For it is through the eye of dog that we realize just how ugly the world truly is.

Galuf
11-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Cannot wait to play this game. Im not watching videos though as that may spoil. But yeah. Psychotic have a fun time going psycho in the wastelands lol

Madame Adequate
11-10-2015, 08:49 PM
It's true. It's very true.

Fox
11-11-2015, 01:27 AM
There's a lot of cool stuff in Fallout 4 as well as a hell of a lot of problems. I'm trying to figure out at the moment if a) the sneaking mechanics are awful, b) my sneaking skill is just too low, or c) I am terribad at sneaking.

The rest of my thoughts tends to go something like this:

"Man, this system is really cool!"
"Still, I wish the interface for this system wasn't so bad."
"Oh, I found a bug with this system..."
"Man...this bug is really cool!"

Madame Adequate
11-11-2015, 03:44 AM
A and B both. Sneaking in Fallout is not nearly as good (or intuitive) as in the TES series, but once you get to a decent enough set of skills, it ends up easy enough anyway.

Jesus Christ the control scheme is terrible on PC.

That's really my only major problem so far. I'm not all that taken with the plot yet, but I wasn't exactly expecting Bethesda to knock it out of the park with that. I really feel like it would have been more effective to not have the brief scene where you randomly wake up in the cryopod for a moment to see Big Dramatic Events occur - the confusion of waking up without any knowledge at all seems like it would have helped the atmosphere a lot, and wouldn't have actually needed anything since that I have encountered to change.

Also important: There is a trader who lives in a little shack with several cats (at least four) and he has pictures of cats on the wall. He also has four little cat-sized graves, which could be sad, but I choose to imagine they lived long and happy lives with their daddy and died at a respectable age :3:

He's just a guy who loves cats! It's like if I really lived in an atomic wasteland. Anyway, my power armor ran out of juice nearby so I just dumped it there for the time being. I like to imagine he uses it to defend his kitties if raiders come by.

Fox
11-11-2015, 12:08 PM
Yay! I need to go find this guy asap :3

I've figured out what my other big big big problems with this game are after a few hours of a 'vague empty feeling that I couldn't quite place'. Firstly - the conversation system is way too simplified. I really like that my character has a voice now - I feel like she's an actual person for the first time ever - but I hate how I can no longer revisit the conversation tree or have more than four things to ask. Wanna ask an NPC details about their life story? Well, you probably can't.

Secondly... minor skills are gone! No longer can you solve problems by passing a [SCIENCE - 45%] check. The only tools you have are shooting, sneaking and general 'charisma' to get new conversation options.

I do like the item modding though. I've named a my 10mm pistol 'Highwind' and am going to town with its upgrades. I also like how you can now put different bits of armour on different parts of your body.

Pumpkin
11-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Sharkson and I are hoping for a PS4 Christmas bundle with Fallout 4. We're saving up the monies for a PS4 since the library is building in to a decent amount of games we want, but we'll only be able to afford one game at first. I think we decided on Fallout 4 because it interests both of us. I am excite

Although I kind of want Darth Vader PS4 :/

Psychotic
11-11-2015, 04:01 PM
I want to bang Piper to teach her a lesson so I'm being nice to people to impress her but it's really tough not being sarcastic and/or demanding more caps for doing odd jobs for people :colbert:

#postapocalypticworldproblems

Madame Adequate
11-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Man I don't even know why but I want to shove it so far up Piper's shitter she can taste it.

Pumpkin
11-11-2015, 08:18 PM
This is sounding kind of... rapey... :erm:

Ayen
11-11-2015, 08:22 PM
I want to bang Piper to teach her a lesson so I'm being nice to people to impress her but it's really tough not being sarcastic and/or demanding more caps for doing odd jobs for people :colbert:

#postapocalypticworldproblems

Right.To teach her a lesson got it. ;)

Psychotic
11-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Operation Romance Piper has hit a slight... snag. There we were, trekking through the ruins of downtown Boston and were making our way down a tight alleyway. The alleyway emerges into a road and... gasp! A Super Mutant is standing right in the road. Ruh roh. Luckily the rock brained curr hasn't spotted us so I start slowly backing up and think myself pretty clever for avoiding this peril. Then, suddenly, I stop moving backwards. In fact, I am being pushed forwards. ...Piper. Piper no. Stop. Stop this at once. God damnit Piper I am going to teach you ALL the smurfing lessons if you do not back the smurf up :colbert:

And then I'm face to face with a Super Mutant.

I've played myself many hours of the old Bethesda blasty shooty RPGs. I know my way around a Mutant fight. At this moment, though, I am paralysed. I had no idea what to even do. The mutant seemed equally bewildered by the sudden presence of a man in the world's best ever smurfing hat (http://3vhep1htdcb34awxt1zi0r51.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/captainhat1.jpg) and just stood there. Piper, of course, broke the silence and charged forwards, plinking away with her pistol. That spurred our foe into life and he started to let rip too. My brain still wasn't working and on instinct I hurled a molotov onto the pair of them and took off running. I heard Piper scream - the subtitle even said something like "Ayyyyyyorrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh" - and then an explosion, presumably the car the mutant was next to exploding.

That was about half an hour ago and I haven't seen Piper since.

Slothy
11-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Can companions die in this one? They couldn't in New Vegas obviously but when I went back to replay 3 I was rudely awakened to the reality that companions die and die easily.

Ayen
11-11-2015, 09:03 PM
You're still gonna bang her, aren't you?

Psychotic
11-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Can companions die in this one? They couldn't in New Vegas obviously but when I went back to replay 3 I was rudely awakened to the reality that companions die and die easily.Not that I'm aware of. Both Piper and Dogmeat have taken a knee more times than I care to count but neither has died yet. The real threat to companions is them disappearing off the face of the earth as I've lost the pair of them and don't have a clue where they might be.

You're still gonna bang her, aren't you?Well I mean if I bump into her again and she's forgiven me for showering her with fire, sure. I was making good progress on our companionship (she apparently gets off on watching locks being picked) and got a couple of *~*touching conversations*~* before the trout hit the fan.

Ayen
11-11-2015, 09:25 PM
(she apparently gets off on watching locks being picked)

She wants HER lock to be picked!

Mirage
11-12-2015, 12:24 AM
Sharkson and I are hoping for a PS4 Christmas bundle with Fallout 4. We're saving up the monies for a PS4 since the library is building in to a decent amount of games we want, but we'll only be able to afford one game at first. I think we decided on Fallout 4 because it interests both of us. I am excite

Although I kind of want Darth Vader PS4 :/

Make sure to get the new PS4 model, the one without the shiny plastic on one side. The new model generates a lot less fan noise. The first gen PS4s sound like vacuum cleaners when you play for example MGS5.

Fox
11-12-2015, 12:31 AM
NO I DON'T WANT TO TRADE, STURGESS.

I want to get to know you.

Why is trading the only thing you care about. It's not even trading 'cause you're in my settlement, you're just junk storage.

Pike
11-12-2015, 12:57 AM
I blew my gaming budget on other games so I'm holding out on FO4 for now (hopefully I'll acquire it within the next couple of months though). But in case anyone in the thread is interested, a handy guide to an infinite money glitch: http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/11/9717302/fallout-4-infinite-money-glitch-guide

Psychotic
11-12-2015, 02:24 AM
Can confirm that works.

Slothy
11-12-2015, 02:36 AM
How ironic that console gamers can't use console commands to make glitches like that totally unnecessary.

Madame Adequate
11-12-2015, 04:11 AM
I've spent like four hours today scrapping everything in Sanctuary and then building stuff there, fucking kill me tbh

Slothy
11-12-2015, 11:55 AM
I've spent like four hours today scrapping everything in Sanctuary and then building stuff there, fucking kill me tbh

So should we kill you because you're unhappy or because you're lost forever? If the latter, better kill me too. I don't even want to talk about how much time I spent blacksmithing in Skyrim.

Madame Adequate
11-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Oh the latter, for sure.

Psychotic
11-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Mission accomplished. :smug:

Madame Adequate
11-12-2015, 07:04 PM
Oh ho ho ho :smug: Good man. Details and gynoscope screenshots pls.

The more I play this game the more I honestly love it. I think it's their best since Morrowind. I'd give both my left nuts for an Obsidian-made NV style game to accompany this.

Psychotic
11-12-2015, 10:35 PM
She kept her hat on and I got a bonus called "Lovers' Embrace" :smug:

As I wandered through the wastes I spied a large white wooden house in the distance with a lighthouse further down. A Vertibird lazily circled overhead. Picturesque, thought I. I shall visit this little quaint place and make some memories. I then see a lot of green ripples from the ground being launched at the Vertibird. I had no idea what they were - I thought perhaps they were Mirelurks as we were by the sea and I remember on FO3 Swamplurk Kings having these weird ripple projectiles and it resembled that the most. The Vertbird was taking dozens of these and didn't really seem to care, idly spitting machine gun fire back at the aggressors. So, investigation time!

I learned that it was the Children of Atom. I hadn't encountered them on Fallout 4, my only experience of them being their Fallout 3 edition where they were a non hostile but wacky cult. They're pretty smurfing hostile on this, let me tell you. They still hadn't spotted me, and were at the back of the house plinking away at the Vertibird. I moved through the house and spied their leader. On Fallout 4, enemies who are above your level will have a skull next to their name to let you know not to take them lightly. Usually you'll get one as a sort of boss in a pack of minions. So, plan! While these goons are distracted I shall march out and eliminate this smurf with a critical shot from my shotgun and then mop up the leaderless rabble. The first part of the plan went well enough. Took a couple of shotgun hits but using my critical chewed through the Preacher's health. With the leader dead, I turned to mop up the survivors ...and then I realised every single one of the smurfers had a skull next to their name. smurf. smurf me. I have only ever seen more than one enemy with a skull next to their name once, and that was when two of them fought against each other while I was atop a tower (and it was super cool but that's another story) much less five or six of the :bou::bou::bou::bou:s. I am in an area that I am not meant to be in yet.

I turn to run back through the house and it was of course at this moment that the Vertibird fell out of the sky onto the front door and exploded. Plans A and B have both become write offs in the space of 30 seconds. I do another 180 and devise Plan C on the fly. There is something of a battle raging out here, Piper is going wild and I spied a couple of Raiders out there too who I assume were fighting the Atom cultists but smurf knows. Speaking of assumptions, I assumed the people in the lighthouse had left to fight off the Vertibird and were out here on the lawn, leaving the lighthouse itself empty. Plan C was devised: Make a bolt for the lighthouse door, charge up the stairs and snipe my foes from the top. As with Plan A, it started out very well. I dashed through the firefight unscathed and encountered no resistance on my climb. At the top resistance was encountered, resistance in the form of a heavily armoured and rather cross fellow. He had a really smurfing fancy title that I've since forgotten and he was packing a very powerful sniper rifle of his own. Not to put a finer point on it, this was the boss of a group of bosses. Big Boss, if you will. Yes, the fun just kept on leaving.

I have a very nice sword on Fallout 4 named Anduril and I'm very proud of it. Who fancies some irrelevant sword backstory? See, I used to have just a regular old nice sword. I say regular, it was a smurfing awesome serrated sword and I named it Narsil because I'm a sad loser. A legendary Bloatfly was kind enough to give me a new sword (I don't know how it was carrying it about but whatever) with a 20% chance to cripple someone's legs. I took the serrated mods from Narsil and used it on the new sword to forge Anduril. Yes, yes I'm really smurfing sad okay, I'm not creative with names and it seemed appropriate shut up :colbert: Back to Grand Showdown at the top of the Lighthouse! I swing for the fences with Anduril and eventually break the bastard's legs. Imagine the Benny Hill theme playing as a heavily armoured guy limps around after me as I duck in and out of the lighthouse, casually dropping frag mines and handing out shotgun blasts as I go. This was a very long and drawn out process as he is an absolute bullet sponge. Having a long range weapon in a close quarters fight didn't really help him, but when he did manage to tag me with his sniper rifle believe you me I smurfing knew about it.

The end of the fight was a thing of beauty. I was down to my last two shotgun rounds and knew he didn't have much left in the tank. I dashed out onto the walkway, unloaded both shells at point black range into his face, hoping this would end it. It wasn't enough though, and he had a sliver of health left. He lumbered forwards on his bad leg and I instinctively smashed the butt of my shotgun into his face, killing him and sending his corpse sprawling over the railing. Not going to lie, I was pretty smurfing aroused at how that all went down. With that said I wasn't best pleased that I couldn't loot his corpse, although his rifle was still up there. Anyway, time to start sniping, right? Oh dear, no. You see the Children on the ground had positioned themselves right up close to the lighthouse so I couldn't get an angle on them. They were all still happily trying to fire up themselves though, presumably having now murdered the trout out of the Raiders and Piper.

I headed downstairs and prepared to try to fight my way out. Mistake. It was as if Hell itself had opened and attempted to come pouring through the door of the lighthouse. I discovered what those green ripple gun things are. They are Gamma Guns. They fire radi-smurfing-ation. I came to this discovery when I was hit by a smurfing bombardment of them that turned my entire health bar red. I had just a fraction of green left when I managed to get into the Pip Boy and heal it all up before I turned into a pile of radioactive slag. I turned to my old staple of throwing a molotov into the crowd and bidding a retreat. Incidentally I saw Piper down there, taking a knee, so as per usual she became a human torch for me. Sorry babe, love you. :shobon:

Having fled back up to the top of the lighthouse I decided to look about and check out the light room.
http://i.imgur.com/XujHL.gif

I am Grandpa and a mothersmurfing Glowing One the Children had been keeping up there is Bart.

There is only one way out of this situation, and it's the most smurfing metal one possible. I am going to hurl myself off the top of the lighthouse, pray that I land in the ocean and swim to safety. I take a deep breath, sprint at the railings and take a flying leap. Time seemed to stop as I majestically flew through the air and the ocean came rushing up towards me. Luckily there were some jagged rocks there to break my fall and my legs and my entire body.

Shauna
11-12-2015, 10:41 PM
I am glad that Piper wasn't blown to smithereens - my heart was a broken for you when she disappeared.

Psychotic
11-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Piper is indeed bae. But first,

TREMBLE BEFORE THE MIGHT OF EL PRESIDENTE!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/fallout3_zpsqyt55jcc.jpg

Behold, foolish Wastelanders! Look at our bustling capitalist shopping district! ...shut up I'm lazy.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/fallout1_zps0tby0akg.jpg

And fear our mighty defences! (in the gap in the wall there's a pressure plate and if you step on it you get zapped :shobon: I'm really proud of that one!) Oh and check out dat bootay.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/fallout2_zpsm0lmtzwv.jpg

Me, bae and our pet flamingo, Jeff. He's not touched his food in days so I'm a bit worried about him. I'm beginning to wonder if the post apocalypse is the right environment for raising a flamingo.

Yes I have spent the entire smurfing game wearing this god damn hat and no I am not taking it off for anyone.

Madame Adequate
11-13-2015, 01:23 AM
My best moment so far was diving off something about to explode into the Boston River (idk what it's called really) and hearing the fucking huge-ass nuclear explosion above me right before I hit the water. It's the most action movie thing I've done in bidgaems in forever.

NeoCracker
11-13-2015, 10:06 AM
Curie is my favorite comapnion so far. <3

Also, playing on PS4, and it's the least buggy Fallout/Elderscrolls I've played yet.

Psychotic
11-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Oh my god I just picked up a jazz singer in a red sequined dress called Magnolia and then she left me in the morning, opened the door and THERE STOOD PIPER and a pop up appeared saying Piper hated that OH NOOOOO but I regret nothing she was smoking

...and then I immediately banged Piper in the same bed

Fallout 4: DATING SIM. Still, at the moment I only seem to be picking up women. Where are all the single men/ghouls/robots/super mutants at?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/fallout4_zpsgmngwuip.jpg
Piper does not look amused.

Mirage
11-13-2015, 03:56 PM
I doubt you can be homosexual in this game. You married a woman, remember? And bisexualism clearly doesn't exist at all.

Madame Adequate
11-13-2015, 04:46 PM
No you can, any romancable companion can be romanced by either sex.

Mirage
11-13-2015, 05:01 PM
o k

Slothy
11-13-2015, 05:16 PM
I'd give both my left nuts for an Obsidian-made NV style game to accompany this.

I would also give your nuts for that. Hell, I'd throw in mine if it'd help. I don't plan on making babies anyway.

Vyk
11-13-2015, 05:58 PM
I learned there is a cover mechanic. Peek around corners at your enemies. Spy on your loved ones. Play peekaboo with Strong and Dogmeat

Also, no real glitches here. A minor hiccup once in a while that won't let me look at my pipboy. Just have to change views to fix it real quick. But one thing that does seem to happen on occasion is Dogmeat will randomly disappear. And then yelp. And be hobbling when I find him. I caught him once. Learning to fly. He just randomly takes off into the air. So high that he basically dies on impact. Except he can't die. And he makes a horrible Superman. His breath stinks

Madame Adequate
11-14-2015, 05:32 AM
My Dogmeat likes to occasionally fall through solid surfaces, like a highway 60 feet in the air.

He also got nuked by a Super Mutant once and, after the fight ended, he came bounding up to me. COVERED in rads, I was picking up like 25 a second for a moment.

He's still a good boy :3:

Ayen
11-14-2015, 06:38 AM
This game is as bad as ME3 with throwing women at you.

Fox
11-15-2015, 01:15 AM
I'm enjoying this game more now I've invested some points in sneaking (now it's just about viable!) and have some relatively decent guns. Is it possible to marry a hunting rifle? Because I don't think I'm finding a better companion than that.

Psychotic
11-15-2015, 02:27 PM
I hate it when I'm sneaking through a Vault to some classic piano music, surgically eliminating Gunners with my silenced pistol and then Ride of the Valkyries comes on the radio so I have to abandon that careful plan and go balls out crazy with a flamer I found.

Did I say hate? I meant love. And yes, I do really have to. You can't go around sneaking to Ride of the fucking Valkyries. You just can't.

Madame Adequate
11-19-2015, 05:59 AM
What the fuck ass balls stupid kind of ending was that

Ayen
11-19-2015, 07:47 AM
The ass ball stupid variety? Brought to you by "Haha we have your money?"

Galuf
11-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Ha ha im sneaking to ride of the valkyries now >:)

Slothy
11-19-2015, 12:08 PM
What the fuck ass balls stupid kind of ending was that

I haven't beaten it yet and probably won't for a while, but this is Bethesda. I've just been happy that so far the game doesn't have plot holes I could drive a truck through.

Madame Adequate
11-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Yeah I was actually reasonably pleased with things until then, it's not amazing but it's solid enough and I was getting into it.

Then the ending. (Not spoilers about the ending's content, but rather it's nature: it's just an incredibly generic cutscene of your character bemoaning the life they lost and resolving themselves to the future. Literally nothing about it was distinctive or unique and barely a single thing I did in the game was even referenced.

Ayen
11-20-2015, 07:16 AM
That reminds me of the Nod's ending from Command and Conquer 3. You basically watch Kane walk into a room. Extremely lackluster and not worth the hours sunk in.

Galuf
11-20-2015, 11:10 AM
That reminds me of the Nod's ending from Command and Conquer 3. You basically watch Kane walk into a room. Extremely lackluster and not worth the hours sunk in.

He he but atleast a funny game came afterwards featuring kane lol.

Psychotic
11-20-2015, 09:53 PM
Yep, the ending is pretty lame.

Galuf
11-20-2015, 11:25 PM
I killed a cat by accident. Now it haunts my mind forever. Save yourself never kill a cat. Never.

And you can get cat meat from it :(

Slothy
11-21-2015, 12:54 AM
In enjoying this game a lot more than most Bethesda games, but they really need to stop making a user interface that seems really good for console and then mapping the buttons to keyboard and mouse with zero changes.

Who okayed using a combination of wasd and mouse to move around like normal and adding in using the directional keys to build your settlements? Unless I end up exposed to a lot of radiation someday in not going to suddenly grow a third hand.

It's not the way worst ui by any means since it's not too hard to figure out, but having zero game play optimization for PC gets old. Especially from a company who basically started out in the PC realm.

Madame Adequate
11-21-2015, 06:07 AM
I killed a cat by accident. Now it haunts my mind forever. Save yourself never kill a cat. Never.

And you can get cat meat from it :(

I was incredibly cautious around the cats in game because I didn't want this to happen. I believe I succeeded so that is good!

I just want to be able to adopt them all in my settlements :3:

Psychotic
11-21-2015, 09:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUV0a4wWUAEy_Uc.jpg

I have nothing further to add.

Madame Adequate
11-22-2015, 05:38 AM
Ah, so that's what provoked doomsday - the Chinese knew they could never come back from such a defeat.

Psychotic
11-22-2015, 12:34 PM
You know the old zombie trope of shooting them in the head? Well, apparently having their heads destroyed does not deter feral ghouls.

https://twitter.com/unknowinglycrab/status/668406251022340096

As you can see, I was absolutely dumbfounded by what was attacking me. Of course Cait had to ruin it all by killing the thing.

NeoCracker
11-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Okay, I am not saying that on a whole these games need to be more like Japanese RPG's, but for the love of god rip off one of the better ones Item organization systems because after all this time their menus are still organized like ass.

Psychotic
11-22-2015, 02:05 PM
I had a request in my visitor messages for more Fallout 4 stories so here we are. I was on a mission to find the infamous cat house that I had heard was in Diamond City and so went exploring.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUa6I6hWIAANc57.jpg:large

I found a bar and I met this smurfing sack of trout. Constantly rude, sneering and with no dialogue options to snark right back in his face. It pissed me off royally. You can't even kill him, he's marked as important for some reason. Alright, Plan B, break into his house.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUa4AmjWwAE3nxP.jpg:large

The pretentious little colon deposit actually has his own pond with a boat in it inside his house. So I ransacked his entire house, emptied all of his shelves, cupboards and dressers and dumped the entire contents of it into his little fishing spot. You can see some of the more buoyant items like his pool table gear, a melon and a telephone there, but there's also plenty of things that sunk like his toaster, toothbrush and food supplies. Happy fishing, asshole.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUa0TapWIAAbnOl.jpg:large

Let me explain why me and Cait are drinking in a bloodstained bar full of corpses. I returned to the bar to rub that cum gargler's stupid ugly face in it, whereupon I stumbled upon another person called Paul! My character is named that so that Codsworth calls me by my name. Poor old Paul was having trouble with his rather intoxicated wife who refused to leave the bar and the bartender was egging her on. Paul gets pissed off and goes to take a swing at the bartender, who promptly begins to kick his smurfing ass.

NOT ON MY WATCH! PAULS OF THE WORLD GOD DAMN UNITE! I flew across the bar and cracked the bartender in the jaw with my baseball bat before smashing his skull in. Cait took this as her cue to begin spraying the bar with bullets and so I joined in and bashed in Paul's awful wife with my bat. Alas, my heart broke when I turned around to see my fellow Paul filling my back full of bullets. I then realised we were no longer playing Pauls United but Highlander - THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE. It took a fair few swings to kill him, he kept getting back up. Still, I emerged the King of Pauls and me and Cait had a victory drink as you can see above.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUa5lpQWoAAtOA4.jpg:large

After breaking into many houses of these rich snobs I did find the cat house though :3: I did not steal a single thing from this beautiful and majestic dwelling.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUa7AxPWcAAqyYI.jpg:large

All the lockping and burgling from the upper classes really turned Cait on too, so right after we left the cat house she confessed her feelings and now we're gonna plough. :smug:

Oh, and best of all I stole a postman's uniform from one of those houses too. Everything's coming up Paulhouse :cool:

IMPORTANT EDIT! I tried on all the outfits I stole and I realised I scored something even better than a postman's uniform.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUa_Xa4WsAAKQfA.jpg:large

Galuf
11-23-2015, 01:17 PM
I have not completed it yet. And likely wont for a bit because i like exploring and doing all the quests. But you know. Theyl probably do what they did with FO 3 and make a dlc which continues the end. Goddamn dlc ruining game qualities! XD

Psychotic
11-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Nah you can continue on after the ending regardless.

Galuf
11-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Oh. Well thats good. But they may still make a story expansion dlc. Maybe not. Either way. Cait (sith) is my favourite companion so far. Out of:Dogmeat codsworth Nick valentine preston garvey. Those are all i got (including cait)

EDIT: also i have just killed the beast from the underworld, Mama Murphy is dead! Eh heh heh.

Psychotic
11-23-2015, 07:57 PM
You know that really rude snooty woman in Diamond City who insults the shit out of you the second you go anywhere near her, and then threatens to call security if you talk back?

I uh... I did something.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUbQxnzW4AUt6Kf.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUbR0GPXAAAYrcz.jpg:large

Did I cross a line, do you think?

Madame Adequate
11-23-2015, 08:11 PM
Nah I cooked and ate a baby once, this is fine.

Ayen
11-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Well, you are told to use all the meat once you killed it.

Madame Adequate
11-24-2015, 05:01 AM
I never said it was dead.

Madame Adequate
11-24-2015, 05:02 AM
What do you think I am, some kind of hick? That I just find baby roadkill and throw it in the pot? Sir I assure you my baby eating standards are as high as they can be, that I am positively Dionysian in my tastes as regards human veal.

Ayen
11-24-2015, 05:54 AM
I was talking to Psychotic :colbert:

DMKA
11-25-2015, 12:28 AM
I haven't played the game yet and probably won't now because I had the ending spoiled for me the day the game came out.

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2015, 04:31 AM
Haven't gone in very far yet. I'm being a bit of a cheater and using the console to change my SPECIAL and Perks to get my character just right. My combat stats are the worst but I can hack/pick/talk my way through a lot of things so I'm trying to see how far I can go to avoid conflicts :p

G13
11-25-2015, 06:41 AM
One day a Settler stole my Power Armor after I left it to air out in the garage. I politely asked her to step out from the armor and without hesitation she sucked it all into herself like some kind of person shaped black hole. Very rude.

Now I have a petite set of Power Armor running around tending gardens and fixing the siding on my house, and I'll be damned if I'm not slightly sexually attracted to it.

Psychotic
11-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Hmm. Tricky one. Kill it and eat it.

I recently acquired the cannibal perk and that has become my default solution to all of my problems. Hasn't failed me yet.

Slothy
11-25-2015, 12:09 PM
I haven't played the game yet and probably won't now because I had the ending spoiled for me the day the game came out.

If you're playing any Bethesda game for the main story line then you're doing it wrong. They're all terrible.

Psychotic
11-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Especially the ending to this game. I struggle to feel the need to even put it in spoiler tags.

Vyk
11-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Yeah its a massive open world with tons to do and discover. The ending of the farthest thing from a priority to me. It was also spoiled for me as well but I don't really feel like it matters towards my enjoyment of the world, characters, and adventure

Slothy
11-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Honestly, my character is spending more time palling around the wasteland with Piper than worrying about some missing kid. I don't care about this family I was saddled with in the first minute of the game and had lost by minute fifteen. The only time I ever do story quests is if nothing more interesting is in my quest log at the moment and I want a bit of experience.

Mirage
11-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Which is why they shouldn't have bothered with the kid thing at all.

Psychotic
11-25-2015, 04:24 PM
I didn't mind the kid thing - it's enough of a motivation to start looking around and exploring. But then the kid thing has absolutely no relevance to the ending so.

DMKA
11-26-2015, 12:30 AM

If you're playing any Bethesda game for the main story line then you're doing it wrong. They're all terrible.

Guess that explains why I've never played one more than a few hours before getting bored.

NeoCracker
11-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Mildly shameless, but I just posted a bit on comparing Fallout 4 and New Vegas in terms of immersing oneself into the games world. :p

http://blacktridentmedia.com/2015/11/26/fallout-4-vs-fallout-new-vegas-immersion-open-world-bethesda-title/

Vyk
11-27-2015, 05:22 PM
My phone won't open that page but I've watched Bunny Hop make arguments about that on YouTube as a reason to outsource the material back to Obsidian and others to infuse more diverse life into the series

But wouldn't it make more sense to compare Fallout 3 and Fallout 4? Since New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda. Just published by them. Obsidian has a lot more pedigree and experience. And Skyrim was realistically Bethesda's first AAA game. There's lots of fun facts about them growing up. Like how one guy did all the dungeons in Oblivion. I think Obsidian had a leg up working on licenses to start out with real writers and story coaches from the Dungeons and Dragons world. Bethesda just started out as fans of that stuff. They're still learning. And I'm honestly not sure they have like trained novel writers on staff even still

I could be completely off base though

Psychotic
11-27-2015, 05:38 PM
If you want to compare 3 with 4, then sure it improved in that it's not saying Brotherhood Good, Enclave Evil, you must be Brotherhood. But if you compare the regular quests, open ended quests where moral choices are involved such as Megaton, Tenpenny Tower and Oasis aren't really surpassed.

Slothy
11-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Funny because I don't particularly like any of those quests all that much. Although they are decent by Bethesda standards.

If there's one thing I don't like much about 4 it's how much the stripped down dialogue system limits the options for some real moral dilemmas.

Madame Adequate
11-27-2015, 07:39 PM
I would feel the same but it's been a long goddamn time since I've expected any of that from Bethesda, so I don't really care.

Slothy
11-27-2015, 08:43 PM
Pretty much the same with me honestly. It only disappoints me looking back on New Vegas, but Fallout 4 is still better than any game from Bethesda I've played since Morrowind so I'm not complaining about it much.I genuinely enjoy most other aspects of the game so that combined with low story expectations has led to me being quite pleased.

NeoCracker
11-28-2015, 12:33 AM
My phone won't open that page but I've watched Bunny Hop make arguments about that on YouTube as a reason to outsource the material back to Obsidian and others to infuse more diverse life into the series

But wouldn't it make more sense to compare Fallout 3 and Fallout 4? Since New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda. Just published by them. Obsidian has a lot more pedigree and experience. And Skyrim was realistically Bethesda's first AAA game. There's lots of fun facts about them growing up. Like how one guy did all the dungeons in Oblivion. I think Obsidian had a leg up working on licenses to start out with real writers and story coaches from the Dungeons and Dragons world. Bethesda just started out as fans of that stuff. They're still learning. And I'm honestly not sure they have like trained novel writers on staff even still

I could be completely off base though

The developer really isn't the issue, so it's not really to important that it was a different dev.

And the fact Obsidian has had more experience isn't really relevant either, I mean Bethesda has done how many of these open worlds before Fallout 4? Six? They've had enough experience here that I dont' feel the need to cut them any slack.

The core of what I talk about apply equally to both games, and further more a lot of the issues I had with Fallout 4's set up applies to 3, even if I feel 4 did better. New Vegas serves as a much better contrast for the comparison then 3 would in this regard.

Mind you, I'm not talking about the actual plots or quests in the article, I'm going over things that make Fallout New Vegas easier to get invested in then Fallout 4. :p

(For the record though, I did enjoy playing through Fallout 4 a lot. I got my moneys worth out of it. :p)

Formalhaut
11-28-2015, 05:03 PM
I've heard a lot of talk about the stripped down dialogue system in this game. What do you guys make of it? I do hear plenty of chatter about people actually disliking the game.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-28-2015, 05:05 PM
Aaaaand I've been sucked into this game. I haven't been playing very long, I'm only level 20. And I totally messed up in the beginning with my perks. I pretty much applied them all to Strength Perception Endurance and Charisma up until level 15. I somehow didn't realize you could pick the perks below those yet. On the other hand tho, I make everyone my bitch. Except deathclaws. I have yet to even see one except in Concord.

I don't really do the storyline stuff. Haven't been to Diamond City yet. About to take the Castle back.

Araciel
12-04-2015, 05:45 AM
My Dweller lost his wife and kid... He popped out of the vault, got a pet dog, sold his wedding ring, then started bangin' wasteland broads. He now owns land all over the place, is an epic EPIC sniper/scavenger/scrapper/builder.

Vyk
12-04-2015, 08:05 PM
One thing Bethesda totally needs credit for is eventually being able to put bullet resistance in clothing. And you can rock out the rest of the game wearing your favorite business suit and bowler hat with just as much (if not more) damage resistance than the actual armor

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2015, 09:19 PM
One thing Bethesda totally needs credit for is eventually being able to put bullet resistance in clothing. And you can rock out the rest of the game wearing your favorite business suit and bowler hat with just as much (if not more) damage resistance than the actual armor

You do that with armorer's perk?

Vyk
12-05-2015, 03:21 AM

You do that with armorer's perk?
Its a bonus for one of the Railroad questsDIA caches assigned by PAM

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Ah nice, because I already don't wear any armor, just the general's uniform, because I think it looks absolutely stupid. The entire idea of modular armor, no matter which one, it always looks silly.

Like you said, I just want to wear a duster, or a suit, and not look bloody ridiculous while I play. Perhaps that is due to me not being part of the MMO crowd, whom are used to ridiculous looking armor.

Vyk
12-06-2015, 02:05 AM
I'm alright with the modular armor options for the most part. Sad that light leather and light synth armor are the least ridiculous looking but I enjoy the concept. But I too much prefer to look good and will go way too long without changing armor if the options are too ugly. And thank goodness I was able to upgrade all that starting leather. But one major problem with that was there was only like five outfits you could wear under modular armor. And only a couple of those looked decent to me

But in a Bethesda game I've gotten used to having a field outfit for fighting and a casual outfit for safe zones. And generally I can't wait to find a town and walk around in normal clothes. If only the game were balanced properly to suit these problems. If you face a Triggerman in the wild he takes a hundred shots to take down with just a suit and hat. But if you try it you're dead in two hits lol

Pumpkin
12-08-2015, 01:47 AM
sharky and I just got this. He will play first but I am excited for character customization!

I feel so sad for the babies though :G

Can I create a character without it autosaving?

Vyk
12-08-2015, 04:55 AM
I'm not sure where the first auto-save is. You can likely turn auto-save completely off in the settings at the main menu before starting. But it auto-saves to your account, so if you're worried about it having an effect on him, his saves on his account would be safe

Not sure what you mean about the babies though :3

Pumpkin
12-08-2015, 05:11 AM
The little boy at the beginning :o

Also, we just use the same account, so >.>

I'll see about turning auto-save off, saving a separate file, and then switching it back on for him. I think auto-save is it's own separate file

Hopefully

Madame Adequate
12-08-2015, 05:23 AM
actually having modular armor with moddable pieces is cool & good, hth

Vyk
12-09-2015, 04:44 AM
Auto saves and quick saves are shared and over written. But the game knows when you have multiple characters on the same profile and the real saves are named after them. So just do a manual save as needed and you'll be okay. If Bethesda were nice then everything would be separated by character. Just like good ol' BioWare games

Pumpkin
12-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Sorry, I just get paranoid because I accidentally overwrote his FO3 save file when I was just goofing around and I tried to be super careful and everything.

Also, if I reject doggy, can I get him later?

Slothy
12-09-2015, 04:54 PM
I can't even remember if you can reject him. He disappeared on me early on and I don't know where he is anymore honestly.

Psychotic
12-09-2015, 05:16 PM
I know it's fine to do that (why would you though!) because you need him in the main quest, and there's a little scene if you don't already have him as a friend.

Pumpkin
12-09-2015, 05:34 PM
I was watching sharku play and his legs got crippled and he was bleeding and whining and I almost cried and I cant deal with that :G

So I wanted to wait until I get strong in the game so I can properly protect and care for my doggy friend

I know it sounds stupid but Im seriously tearing up again now. Realistic graphics are going to be the death of gaming for me

Spuuky
12-09-2015, 06:19 PM
OK, I'm not THAT far along yet, but some problems with this game that kind of drive me insane:

I'm in stealth and blow the head off a Raider. The guy next to him looks around briefly, and then is like "man, I must be seeing things." Blow his head off. The third guy is like "I need to settle down, I'm imagining stuff out here." Blow his head off. 4th guy is like "well, guess I'll settle in for a nap." Really?? In 2015, this is how far AI has come?

I've explored nearly a quarter of the map. I can count the total number of humans I can interact with in actual dialogue in that entire region on basically one hand. Why is this wasteland so devoid of life? It's basically a giant combat game so far (with kind of bad combat).

I went into a grocery store. This grocery store stopped operating over two centuries ago. I go to the shelf and find some melons and immediately start eating them. Yum! Why does EVERYTHING in this world scream "the bomb just went off last month"? It seems like virtually every locale is designed that way. How many skeletons are really going to be sitting in the spot they were in when the bomb hit, clothing and weaponry still all in-tact, 200 years later?

Also I wish my character's tone EVER lined up with the dialogue options I was trying to pick.

The intro sequence is a 2/10 quality at best. It's atrocious.

EDIT: I forgot my actual favorite moment of the game so far, character creation. My husband kept constantly telling me how beautiful I look. "Have I ever told you how great your lips are?" etc etc. While this is happening, I'm in the process of adding more and more scars and bruises. He's eventually praising me profusely as I look like someone found a ghoul, decided they were too nice-looking, and beat the shit out of them even more.

Aerith's Knight
12-09-2015, 06:53 PM
I went into a grocery store. This grocery store stopped operating over two centuries ago. I go to the shelf and find some melons and immediately start eating them. Yum! Why does EVERYTHING in this world scream "the bomb just went off last month"? It seems like virtually every locale is designed that way. How many skeletons are really going to be sitting in the spot they were in when the bomb hit, clothing and weaponry still all in-tact, 200 years later?

I don't care how much radiation it got, if deviled eggs still even resemble eggs in any form after 200 years I would be severely surprised.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-09-2015, 07:39 PM
I was watching sharku play and his legs got crippled and he was bleeding and whining and I almost cried and I cant deal with that :G

So I wanted to wait until I get strong in the game so I can properly protect and care for my doggy friend

I know it sounds stupid but Im seriously tearing up again now. Realistic graphics are going to be the death of gaming for me

Dogmeat is a dog of war. I stimpacked that fella, and he continued with tearing out throats.

I'm not really sure to do with the power armor now. It has 300 rounds left in it, and it's very low on power. So I parked it at the Red Rocket Garage (anyone else find it funny that the dog was waiting at the Red Rocket? Dog? Red Rocket? Anybody?).

I didn't see another fusion core in the caves below the garage, but I mean, there has to be one there. That's the point of the cave.

EDIT: Can I put armor on Dogmeat? I want to be able to armor the dog badly. He'll look like Cringer.

Psychotic
12-09-2015, 07:56 PM
There is special armour you can get for him, usually from Raider dogs. You can also give him welding goggles and bandanas.

Formalhaut
12-09-2015, 09:06 PM

No, don't, It'll get me too. I was watching Mr. Carny play a Tomb Raider game and visibly cringing as he cheated death by escaping the 'wall crusher trap of doom'.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-09-2015, 09:47 PM
There is special armour you can get for him, usually from Raider dogs. You can also give him welding goggles and bandanas.

That may work. I wanted to give him glasses I found, but I couldn't. :(

Slothy
12-10-2015, 02:10 AM
I'm in stealth and blow the head off a Raider. The guy next to him looks around briefly, and then is like "man, I must be seeing things." Blow his head off. The third guy is like "I need to settle down, I'm imagining stuff out here." Blow his head off. 4th guy is like "well, guess I'll settle in for a nap." Really?? In 2015, this is how far AI has come?

This is how far Bethesda AI has come. Honestly, given their utterly pathetic coding skills I'm surprised I haven't run into a major game breaking glitch every five seconds.

Vyk
12-10-2015, 02:52 AM
That ... became a meme in Skyrim. It's part of Bethesda's charm. And sadly you may be in the minority for disliking it. The opposite would be even worse. I have enough trouble with people immediately knowing where I am and having amazingly perfect accuracy for automatic-weapons. If there was no way to snipe someone's head and then dodge around the corner where they couldn't see me, if they instead came running to where the noise was, I imagine they'd be programmed simply to just know where you are and swarm you. Which, again, would make stealth useless outside of maybe that one kill. But I have a .50 cal. weapon that does almost 100 points of damage, and has a bonus to do twice that much when the opponent is at full health, and a sneak attack doubles that. I should be pushing out about 400hp of damage on that first hit, and almost never is it more than just a quarter of their full health bar

Then again I play on harder difficulties, and Bethesda is notorious about not balancing out their difficulty, and this could likely be remedied through better programming rather than just amping up the numbers associated with enemy damage and armor classes and not gimping my own numbers

But again, I imagine it's made by the same core 20 dudes or so who made Oblivion, except now they're probably a big enough studio where each guy has 2 or 3 subordinates, but its still the same core programming and ideas going in

I was honestly afraid the game wouldn't be Bethesda enough. I still find all their faults charming, and their glitches are amusing. We may not go into Assassin's Creed expecting this stuff, but I pretty much demand it out of Bethesda. (And Volition, and sometimes BioWare) I like charm. Plus being perfect would be too expensive

Pumpkin
12-10-2015, 03:19 AM
So I started my own game. Not very far at all yet. I do like my character though!

http://i.imgur.com/JxW5CTn.jpg
Big pimpin

Ayen
12-10-2015, 03:25 AM
Seeing other people play Fallout 4 make me want to play Fallout 4, but I do not have Fallout 4.

Maybeh I can steal it?

Spuuky
12-10-2015, 07:14 AM
That ... became a meme in Skyrim. It's part of Bethesda's charm. And sadly you may be in the minority for disliking it. The opposite would be even worse. I have enough trouble with people immediately knowing where I am and having amazingly perfect accuracy for automatic-weapons. If there was no way to snipe someone's head and then dodge around the corner where they couldn't see me, if they instead came running to where the noise was, I imagine they'd be programmed simply to just know where you are and swarm you. Which, again, would make stealth useless outside of maybe that one kill. But I have a .50 cal. weapon that does almost 100 points of damage, and has a bonus to do twice that much when the opponent is at full health, and a sneak attack doubles that. I should be pushing out about 400hp of damage on that first hit, and almost never is it more than just a quarter of their full health bar

Then again I play on harder difficulties, and Bethesda is notorious about not balancing out their difficulty, and this could likely be remedied through better programming rather than just amping up the numbers associated with enemy damage and armor classes and not gimping my own numbers

But again, I imagine it's made by the same core 20 dudes or so who made Oblivion, except now they're probably a big enough studio where each guy has 2 or 3 subordinates, but its still the same core programming and ideas going in

I was honestly afraid the game wouldn't be Bethesda enough. I still find all their faults charming, and their glitches are amusing. We may not go into Assassin's Creed expecting this stuff, but I pretty much demand it out of Bethesda. (And Volition, and sometimes BioWare) I like charm. Plus being perfect would be too expensiveWhy do you assume you should be doing 400 damage, and that you aren't? Enemies surely have armor, for one thing. They certainly never "magically" hit me with automatic fire, they usually miss.

I've been playing exclusively on Survivor/Survival/whatever the highest difficulty is called. Stealth is stupidly OP. No one can ever find me unless I want them to, under normal circumstances. I killed every Raider in Corvega, for instance, without being seen once (yes, it's very early and was a while ago); at that point, in one hit with an unmodded rifle. They react to the direction of sound so poorly, and give up so easily.

I killed a Behemoth at level 10 by standing inside a bus and just unloading all my ammo into it. I killed a Deathclaw by standing in a doorway it couldn't pass. Everything is as easy as I feel like I want it to be. I killed a Yao Guai in the open by hopping back and forth over a tiny, invisible fence which it had to run around even though it was ankle-height. I walked to the north and opened a gate and it just said "you can't go this way" because that's the edge of the map and we said so.

Not-exactly-related, I wish so much that this game was made by Obsidian instead of Bethesda.

Pumpkin
12-11-2015, 04:36 PM
I think I am bad at this game. I didn't go to the gas station because I wasn't ready for dog. And then it said complete anyway, and I am worried dog will be gone.

Vyk
12-11-2015, 04:41 PM
400 on the first shot in sneak mode. Assuming the sneak multiplier stacks with the guns special multiplier. I'm around level 40 and the toughest enemies are around my level. I have the perk to see their damage resistance which is rarely over 60 so either they have five times as much HP as me, or my attack is magically getting gimped, or bonuses don't stack. They all make sense. Just wish I knew which

Enemies nailing me consistently with spray and pray is pretty ridiculous though. But I switched to survivor difficulty recently and its not actually more difficult than very hard. It seems way more balanced. Sure med packs take their time but I also don't die in three hits like I was in very hard. I managed to stand my ground against three legendaries and a named enemy all around my level decked out in heavy combat armor and plasma weapons. Which was previously borderline impossible

I also don't quite get as much utility out if sneak because I always have a companion and they typically get caught first so I can't spam it quite as effectively since they invariably lead the bad guys to me..

It won't change how the game plays but if you want more challenge I'm almost positive very hard is harder than survivor difficulty for some reason

But yeah. Obsidian is pretty busy but it seems possible they can give them the engine for another go. We can hope. I did love New Vegas way more than 3. But I can't pretend Bethesda didn't learn from Vegas. There are crops now lol

Edit: Dog is required for an early story mission in Diamond City where even if you aren't using him he magically appears. Almost positive if you can't find him he'll show up then. So no worries

Spuuky
12-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Enemies in Survivor are statistically stronger than in Very Hard and have the same AI.

Vyk
12-11-2015, 07:50 PM
I died noticeably more frequently in very hard. Wouldn't be surprised if one or the other is glitched and not working properly on the platform. I imagine you're on PC. Perhaps survivor is nerfed on PS4

Spuuky
12-11-2015, 09:27 PM
I do play the PC version, I cannot speak to the console versions, but "officially" nothing about Survivor is easier. Yes, it wouldn't be too surprising if things were bugged.

NeoCracker
12-12-2015, 07:13 AM
It would be more surprising if they weren't bugged to be honest.

Pumpkin
12-13-2015, 01:53 AM
So sharkson wants to know about something. He built his HQ like place and his people keep stepping in to the irradiated area. Does this matter at all? He tried building a fence but they would just spawn inside of it

Slothy
12-13-2015, 02:30 AM
You can remove that radiation by scrapping everything in the little pit, but I'm pretty sure it only affects you.

Vyk
12-13-2015, 02:47 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if it does something, but I don't think settlers can die when you're around. The fact you can get a radiation gun makes me think radiation can work on AI denizens of the waste, but I don't imagine it's going to do anything to them while you're away, and they don't die when you're there, they just take a seat when low on health. But yeah. Like Vivi, I just scrapped everything around that little pool and put a water purifier in it and everyone was happy

sharkythesharkdogg
12-13-2015, 03:12 AM
I just don't want to come back to a village of feral ghouls because those jackasses kept hanging out by the pool instead of tending to their corn.

:colbert:

Vyk
12-13-2015, 03:15 AM
I can't imagine that happening, but that would actually be a pretty awesome game mechanic if it did lol

Pumpkin
12-14-2015, 03:40 PM
I am not good at this game. I'm on super easy mode and I still keep dying every 5 steps. I'm really not having fun like I want to :(

Vyk
12-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Its sadly not very rookie friendly. Or casual friendly. My girlfriend plays on easy as well in the hopes she can wear whatever she wants in the wastes. And she is actually a fallout veteran, but the game isn't designed to be played that way. She doesnt die a whole lot but it does tend to frustrate her to no end. The game kind of dmands you use good armor and find yourself a nice small gun that doesn't use a lot of AP and abuse VATS in cmbat. Shoot people in the arms so they cant hurt you as easily. Shoot ghouls in the legs so they cant run at you. Put all your points in agility and perception for better combat stats. The game really expects you to start out in a couple of crtain ways, or youll be fighting it your whole time in the begnning. A lt of people have an easier time dedicating themslves to mlee, if that helps. Then you only have to worry about strength, and you can carry more.

Lazerface
12-20-2015, 05:20 PM
Its sadly not very rookie friendly. Or casual friendly. My girlfriend plays on easy as well in the hopes she can wear whatever she wants in the wastes. And she is actually a fallout veteran, but the game isn't designed to be played that way. She doesnt die a whole lot but it does tend to frustrate her to no end. The game kind of dmands you use good armor and find yourself a nice small gun that doesn't use a lot of AP and abuse VATS in cmbat. Shoot people in the arms so they cant hurt you as easily. Shoot ghouls in the legs so they cant run at you. Put all your points in agility and perception for better combat stats. The game really expects you to start out in a couple of crtain ways, or youll be fighting it your whole time in the begnning. A lt of people have an easier time dedicating themslves to mlee, if that helps. Then you only have to worry about strength, and you can carry more. I can only say it a part of learning to be a bomb player. But in my mind, Fallout 4 was better than Fallout 3 but still pretty bad in a lot of ways. New Vegas imo will stand as the best in the series with Fallout 2 coming second. Honestly I can New Vegas wasn't rookie friendly in itself, but I still killed it on hardcore. Due to experience and conserving supplies. Took what I needed what I needed, not what I wanted. If I wanted I'd store someplace safe and when I needed more ammo or supplies then I went for it. Just so you know, Fallout was never rookie friendly. Unless you count Fallout 3 but with mods that game quickly reminded me of New Vegas. It usually expected you to already know what to do if you read the manual or you learned by hitting whatever key and know its function. You may say it expects you start out in a couple of certain ways. But I don't think any rpg or "Action shooter with rpg elements" would expect you to start out a certain way. You juts have to choose carefully in where you want to allocate your skills and learn the advantages and disadvantages of what could happen. In the case of better combat stats, you could always avoid combat if it's possible. Or be a more technical character if you allocate points into intelligence. But then again.......

JamesGoblin
02-10-2016, 10:54 AM
That dog brought us so many hours of...um...joy? I still can't hate that little buggy thing <3