PDA

View Full Version : Gone, but not forgotton

Laddy
11-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Which games have faded into obscurity but you actually enjoyed?

Heavenly Sword was an impressive cinematic action game with cool atmosphere and I kinda would mind another one considering how short it was.

Wolf Kanno
11-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Most of the games I can think of are either cult classics, so they are hardly forgotten, or were not good enough to really warrant a second glance. Maybe Threads of Fate and Brave Fencer Musashi as they tend to be overlooked by fans of other Square titles like Xenogears, FFTactics and Vagrant Story.

The original Jade Cocoon was pretty badass in all of it's cheesy glory. For more recent affairs, Fragile Dreams for the Wii was an overlooked gem.

Karifean
11-11-2015, 07:31 PM
I guess the Onimusha games. Although I've only played 3 and Blade Warriors.

Ayen
11-11-2015, 09:33 PM
I feel like this happened to the old Crash and Spyro games as I rarely see anyone talk about them until I bring them up. Same with Monster Rancher, Road Rash 3D, and Auto Destruct. Though I think Auto Destruct was always obscure. Same with BattleTanx Global Assault.

DMKA
11-12-2015, 04:14 AM
Oh there's so many. Xenogears. The Chrono games. Crash Bandicoot. Jak and Daxter. Sly Cooper. Oddworld. All platformers that aren't by Nintendo really.

Hellblade actually looks like it's going to be similar to Heavenly Sword. Also there's a movie based on HS, that until just now I had no idea was released last year. I thought it was still in production.

Vermachtnis
11-12-2015, 05:08 AM
Shadow Hearts, they were fun and the music was great. And Covenant has one of my favorite casts.

Colonel Angus
11-12-2015, 05:37 AM
Parasite Eve

Leigh
11-13-2015, 07:16 AM
Legacy of Kain seems to have disappeared from the radar. Alundra was quite well received, as a sort of Sony-exclusive Zelda substitute. A shame that the series never persisted. I really enjoyed games like Fighting Force and The Bouncer, but I guess that style of gameplay would be seen as exceptionally limited and dated today, in an age were exploring every single jagged edged pixel is king. Classic beat em ups!

Ayen
11-13-2015, 07:53 AM
Legacy of Kain seems to have disappeared from the radar. Alundra was quite well received, as a sort of Sony-exclusive Zelda substitute. A shame that the series never persisted. I really enjoyed games like Fighting Force and The Bouncer, but I guess that style of gameplay would be seen as exceptionally limited and dated today, in an age were exploring every single jagged edged pixel is king. Classic beat em ups!

Ooh, I love Fighting Force. Used to play that game with my brother. I have it downloaded on my PS3 now.

Forsaken Lover
11-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Seconding Legacy of Kain and Onimusha.

DMKA
11-14-2015, 12:30 AM
Parasite Eve

YES. Oh man what I wouldn't do for a current gen Parasite Eve sequel.

Skyblade
11-14-2015, 12:53 AM
Golden Sun and Rune Factory.

Rez09
11-14-2015, 04:30 AM
Ring of Red!

:salute:

This was one of my first PS2 games and is still one of my favorites, despite how little love Konami seemed to have for it. It's a great title that blends turn based map screens with real time combat segments for an extremely unique experience in the genre. Too bad most maps take 3+ hours to finish. ._.

Ristar!

This is easily on my top 5 Genesis games list, with bright, colorful stages, excellent music, and a surprisingly fun 'grabbing' gimmick. It's a bit too bad the game never saw a sequel, unless you count the GG version (which I always saw as more of an alternate version, like 8-bit Sonic 1), but, then again, with how most 2D platformers transitioned into 3D, maybe it isn't so bad after all. The title seems pretty unknown now, though. :(