PDA

View Full Version : Fynn's Final Fantasy Fmarathon

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fynn
11-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Alright, I'm doing it. I don't have access to XII (for now) and I will never, ever play FFXIII again, I swear to God, but I can play all the numbered FFs from I to X. And since today I got the news that I got a job that I really wanted, I want to celebrate! :monster:

So, starting today, I'll be beating the numbered FFs one by one, sequels excluded. Starting with FFI on the PSP today. I'll be talking about my progress and maybe even post some pictures from time to time.

So, let's do this. Will be back in a while, once I start the game. If anyone wants to do it wth me, feel free to join :D

Pumpkin
11-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Awesome, should be fun :D

Karifean
11-11-2015, 07:30 PM
So, starting today, I'll be beating the numbered FFs one by one, sequels excluded.

Pfft, so you'll willingly skip over the most fun entry in the series.

Seriously though this should be fun. :)

Fynn
11-11-2015, 07:35 PM
I'll probably play X-2 after that as well, but not as part of the marathon, because if I did that I'd have to play the After Years as well (which I do enjoy, but it's also a really huge game that I don't think I want to jump straight into after FFIV), as well as the Compilation of FFVII (yeah, not gonna happen). So yeah, sticking to the Roman numerals ;)

Wolf Kanno
11-11-2015, 07:37 PM
So, starting today, I'll be beating the numbered FFs one by one, sequels excluded.

Pfft, so you'll willingly skip over the most fun entry in the series.

Seriously though this should be fun. :)

Well Tactics is only kind of a sequel to XII. ;)

My suggestion for FFI: do a Warrior, Monk, Red Mage and Black Mage run. FFI becomes a very interesting game when you don't have a dedicated healer.

Fynn
11-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Argh, Wolf, you come too late, my party's already set :p Next time, maybe!

If you're curious, I went with the classic team of Warrior, Thief, White Mage and Black Mage.

I named the Warrior Leo because he has a lion's mane-like hairdo.

The Thief is called Noah because I just really like that name.

The White Mage is called Maya because I wanted a short name.

And the Black Mage is Dmitri because he's the token foreign guy.

Ayen
11-11-2015, 08:29 PM
the Compilation of FFX

the Compilation of FFX

Compilation of FFX

FFX

In this reality Fynn and Kanno weep many manly tears for the FFX popularity has skyrocket to legendary levels they cannot escape. It will consume their flesh and crush their spirit. LONG LIVE FINAL FANTASY X!

Fynn
11-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Ah yes. My iPhone typing skills continue to be terrible ;)

So anyway, today I knocked Garland all down and passed the bridge to the north and encountered Matoya in her cave. So, for such a short amount of time, I did quite a bit. The game feels even easier to me now; especially since I'm playing it in my breaks from SMT: Strange Journey :p

Ayen
11-11-2015, 09:07 PM
You think you've won, but your story has only begun. I summon four ferocious Fiends from beyond the sun! :radred:

Formalhaut
11-12-2015, 01:56 AM
Good luck Fynn! Which game are you least looking forward to playing?

Wolf Kanno
11-12-2015, 04:42 AM
the Compilation of FFX

the Compilation of FFX

Compilation of FFX

FFX

In this reality Fynn and Kanno weep many manly tears for the FFX popularity has skyrocket to legendary levels they cannot escape. It will consume their flesh and crush their spirit. LONG LIVE FINAL FANTASY X!

Considering it's got a sequel, a novella and a radio play as well as an internation and hd remaster, it's already close to being a compilation as it stands. I'm honestly still waiting for SE to announce X-3 since the sequel material with the HD version was pretty much alluding to another game.

Fynn
11-12-2015, 05:55 AM
Good luck Fynn! Which game are you least looking forward to playing?

Honestly, I'm looking forward to playing all of them. I've recently played VI, so I might have to spice things up there to make it more interesting. I'm also kind of worried about FFIII, since the PSP versions of I and II have baby difficulties and III is kept difficult, and I'm really not a fan of that game's job system, I think it may turn out to be quite clunky :p But after that I'll get to play IV again, so yay! :D

[QUOTE=Wolf Kanno;3570821Considering it's got a sequel, a novella and a radio play as well as an internation and hd remaster, it's already close to being a compilation as it stands. I'm honestly still waiting for SE to announce X-3 since the sequel material with the HD version was pretty much alluding to another game.[/QUOTE]

SE actually quickly killed any rumors of a sequel pretty quick, which is a good thing, but I don't think they're above retracting that statement for more money, because X is still wildly popular for some reason :roll2

Still, even with X-2's vastly different tone, the games still fit together, unlike anything about the Compilation :p

FFI MINI-UPDATE

So yesterday evening I managed to squeeze in some more playtime (because Alice smurfing murdered me in Strange Journey and I could not save for like 40 minutes, so I lost all that progress), and I reached Pravoka. Here, I've stumbled on an unforeseen obstacle - money. While outfitting Dmitri with Blizzard and slow, I ran out of cash. And I still have white magic and equipment to buy. So now it's time for some good old-fashioned grinding :monster:

maybee
11-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Are you going to start streaming this ? Just curious, because I would so watch ! Anyways, you go ! c:

tbh I'm surprised that your doing FFX ? I thought that you loathed it to pieces ??? It would be like me playing through Lightning Returns. :/

Formalhaut
11-12-2015, 02:45 PM
I ran out of cash. And I still have white magic and equipment to buy. So now it's time for some good old-fashioned grinding :monster:

I've haven't played this game, but money is really hard to come by apparently. Just like in real life!

Fynn
11-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Are you going to start streaming this ? Just curious, because I would so watch ! Anyways, you go ! c:

tbh I'm surprised that your doing FFX ? I thought that you loathed it to pieces ??? It would be like me playing through Lightning Returns. :/

It's not that I loathe it. I just think it's poorly designed, has atrocious writing, and is way overhyped, but I can still play it :D

And no, sadly, I cannot stream it as I have it on the Vita. The earliest I could stream is FFV, as long as I get the Steam version on time.

FFNut
11-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Don't forget to save 4000gp to buy the silver sword in the elf town, or be destroyed in the Marsh cave for ever.

Fynn
11-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I just got to Elfheim. And everything is super expensive. I just did my Pravoka grinding, and now I have to do it again? Oh, and then it turned out that there's also a level 4 magic shop too, so I need to collect over 20,000 gil. I think I'll skip on that until after the Marsh Cave.

Fynn
11-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Ok.

Wow.

The Marsh Cave is worse than I remember. It's not difficult. Just way easy to get lost. I miss mini maps :(

Wolf Kanno
11-13-2015, 02:44 AM
You should be using the Peninsula of Power trick to save yourself the issues of money and getting through the rough early section of the game.

Fynn
11-13-2015, 06:14 AM
Where is this Peninsula, Wolf? I must know!

Tell me!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Paplyk/Mobile%20Uploads/image_2.jpeg

Formalhaut
11-13-2015, 08:13 AM
You should be using the Peninsula of Power trick to save yourself the issues of money and getting through the rough early section of the game.

Oh, I've heard of this bug. Here (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Peninsula_of_Power).

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/3/3c/FFI_PSP_Peninsula_of_Power.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20131002230321

Fynn
11-13-2015, 08:34 AM
Thanks~ :flirt:

Although it's not as bad anymore. I got back from the Marsh Cave and got everything aside from the level 4 spells. Time to kick Astos' butt!

Galuf
11-13-2015, 09:30 AM

It's not that I loathe it. I just think it's poorly designed, has atrocious writing, and is way overhyped, but I can still play it :D

And no, sadly, I cannot stream it as I have it on the Vita. The earliest I could stream is FFV, as long as I get the Steam version on time.

emulators
nah just joking. Goodluck though. Also are you fighting....
Proto babil zeromus ex (if your playing psp version) omega shinryu (upgraded version in gba and later) ruby weapon emerald weapon omega weapon ozma alll of the dark aeons and penance. Basicly all the superbosses

Fynn
11-13-2015, 11:30 AM
I'm still thinking about super bosses. I'll do Soul of Chaos in FFI for sure (I wanna grab those additional level 8 spells), not sure about Chronodia yet. I will do the Soul of Rebirth for FF2 - at least, I'll try to. Again, not sure if I'm gonna do the PSP dungeons.

For FFIII and FFIV I'll be playing the DS versions, so the extra stuff is problematic. I'd have to do mognet for FFIII, so not a chance there, and I'd need to beat FFIV three times to unlock the bonus boss, and I'd really rather just move on to V.

I'll try to do the extra dungeon in V, but probably not in VI since, as I mentioned, I recently beat it and I did beat Kaiser as well, so I don't want to go over it like that again.

I'll try to do all the extra bosses from the following FFs, though.

Fynn
11-13-2015, 09:57 PM
Beat Astos in two turns. Pshaw.

I now have the crystal eye and can deliver it to Matoya (hehe :3:).

Fynn
11-14-2015, 07:12 AM
Am I correct in assuming that the only doors the mystic key opens are in Elfheim Castle, the Western Keep and the Marsh Cave, or are there more?

Fynn
11-14-2015, 10:36 PM
Okay, so I had some unexpected errands I had to do today, so I didn't play as much as I thought I would. I did get the Nitro Powder, however, exploded that damn piece of continent, and now I'm in Melmond. This town looks pretty stinky.

*magic is 4000 a pop*

*has a total of 3162 gil*

Aw crud.

EDIT: Oh no, wait! It gets better! Knight's Armor - 36,000 gil. I really did not remember how ludicrous these prices are.

Ayen
11-14-2015, 10:39 PM
I did get the Nitro Powder, however, exploded that damn piece of continent

You maniac! YOU BLEW IT UP!

Fynn
11-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Oh

My

GOD

I just remembered the Caveen of Earth has this path where every step is a battle.

Guess where I just walked in.

:irked:

Formalhaut
11-14-2015, 10:52 PM
Oh

My

GOD

I just remembered the Caveen of Earth has this path where every step is a battle.

Is it really that bad? Goodness. I didn't realize how bad the encounter rates are in the early games.

Fynn
11-14-2015, 10:55 PM
It's not bad in general. It's just deliberately set on this one path that you get a battle every single time you take a step. That's the only instance in the game.

Unless I'm forgetting something again :monster:

Colonel Angus
11-15-2015, 10:14 AM
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Peninsula_of_Power

maybee
11-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Oh

My

GOD

Is it really that bad? Goodness. I didn't realize how bad the encounter rates are in the early games.

Encounter rates are pretty nasty and unforgiving till about FF4 from memory.

Colonel Angus
11-16-2015, 05:30 PM
III & IV might have the worst encounter rates.

Fynn
11-16-2015, 09:00 PM
Alright, guys, BIG UPDATE!

So I was surprised with the Vampire. I forgot you had to go down into the depths of the Cavern of Earth twice. Nice plot twist :p And I loved that giant who loves the taste of rubies :love:

I've arrived in Crescent Lake and GOT THE CANOE! AAAaaaand all the spells are way too expensive again. Luyckily, I had enough cash to buy everything else, and I don't have access to Lv. 6 spells anyway :monster:

So now I'm using my canoe to go... somewhere else than Mount Gulg. I've just entered the Ice Cave :3:

Pumpkin
11-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Oh super expensive old school FF games

Colonel Angus
11-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Actually, going to the ice cavern first is a good strategy before going to the Volcano.

You can get the class upgrades earlier and the rest of the game is a cakewalk.

Fynn
11-16-2015, 09:14 PM
Yes, that was my intention.

I still kind of can't decide on whether I should go to Mt. Gulg first or the Earthgift Shrine. Decisions, decisions...

Fynn
11-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Guess who got a job upgrade today! That's right. The Squad: Leo, Noah, Maya and Dmitri! Hell yeah :D

And I'm entering the Earthgift Shrine now. We'll see how it goes.

maybee
11-18-2015, 06:22 AM

FF IV isn't all that bad ? The Final Dungeon was lethal, but that was about all ?

Bubba
11-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Motoring along nicely, Fynn :D

MissH and I went through this together earlier in the year and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Fynn
11-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Sorry this hasn't been updated for a bit, guys, but I've just started that new job and I have to handle tons of formalities and I simply didn't really have the time to play. I will continue this Sunday, however!

I've actually entered the Earthgift Shrine in the meantime, though. Got mercilessly slaughtered by the Sand Worms in the desert section. Am I underleveled, or are they just purposefully overpowered?

Fynn
11-29-2015, 03:49 PM
Just beat Cerberus. He was pretty brutal. I don't think I'm gonna revisit the Earthgift Shrine to fight the rest anytime soon.

Bubba
11-29-2015, 09:52 PM
Goddamm Earthgift Shrine. I'll go back at some point... IN MY NIGHTMARES!

Ayen
11-30-2015, 04:52 AM

FF IV isn't all that bad ? The Final Dungeon was lethal, but that was about all ?

No. IV was that bad. IV was smurfing teerrible! :stare:

Fynn
11-30-2015, 03:26 PM
A lot has happened.

So remember how I had money trouble at the beginning? Yeah, I no longer have to worry about money at all. Monsters are literally shitting gil right now.

Beat Marilith and Kraken. Both were super easy. I got the Lv. 7 spells and accidentally discovered they sell the lost half of the level 8 spells in Lufenia! :eek: All my life I was sure they were only available in the Whisperwind Cove...

So anyway, had problems with that stupid faerie. Not with finding the caravan, though. I forgot which town she was meant to be released in, so instead of going to Gaia like I should, I spent a good half hour just running around Onrac and trying to give it to that girl next to the barrel. :monster:

Also, one of the dancers in Onrac is totally a mermaid who just got her vaglegs. :ariel:

so yeah, visited the waterfall cave, got a thingamajigger from a robot, and I'm entering the Mirage Tower!

Fynn
12-02-2015, 01:01 PM
I murdered Tiamat this morning. I literally ate her for breakfast. These bosses are super easy.

Oh, and I have level 8 spells now :3: Now it's time to face those extra shrines!

Bubba
12-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Good effort, Fynn!

I've just started FFII so you'll be playing through it with me :D

Fynn
12-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Race you to the top? :p

Which version are you playing?

Pumpkin
12-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Oh, 1 game almost down, a bazillion to go :party:

Bubba
12-02-2015, 03:25 PM
It's the one on the PS Store. I downloaded it onto my Vita. I think it's the Origins version?

Only started it yesterday so bring it on! First to finish gets the piņata!

I may not continue and play the rest of them like you though...

Fynn
12-02-2015, 03:43 PM
I need to do it this time, so yeah :D

I'm playing the PSP version. So it's gonna get confusing when I reach Fynn :erm:

Bubba
12-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Fynn is at Fynn... at the Inn.

Formalhaut
12-02-2015, 05:11 PM
I spent a good half hour just running around Onrac and trying to give it to that girl next to the barrel. :monster:

:jokey: Fynn you monster! Behind a barrel!

Fynn
12-02-2015, 09:42 PM
You know what?

Smurf it.

I'm not doing Soul of Chaos. I've done these Shrines so many times and this version of the game is broken as it is, and I just want to move on with this marathon. So I'm just grabbing my Excalibur and making my way to the Chaos Shrine.

Ayen
12-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Chaos Shrine.

Those fools are on their way :mwahaha:
They'll rue the day they came my way! :skull:
I'm Chaos! :radred:
In the flesh :ultros:
The Fiends compare to fleas compared to me :mock:
IT'S GREAT TO BE PURE CHAOS! :tonberry:
I laid Erdrick to rest :smug:
And one by one you'll die by my hand :zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:
Oh, look what I've become :cool:
This fantasy is far from final :ffviwag:
The worst is yet to come :ffviwhat:

Fynn
12-02-2015, 10:00 PM
... Okay.

Anyway, I just accidentally used Exit instead of Healaga after rebattling the lich. Well now...

Rez09
12-03-2015, 12:00 AM
xD

At least . . . the dungeon isn't that long. :)

Fynn
12-03-2015, 12:02 PM
So I had to battle the lich AGAIN. And I just... how? Why? How does that make sense? I already beat him! So did using escape just erase my trek 1000 years into the past from the timeline completely? Wait, that can't possibly be the case - the stairs that only appear after you play the harp were there. I mean... ARGGH!!

Anyway, I only managed to go down another floor and beat Marilith again. I'll try to beat it this evening.

Wolf Kanno
12-03-2015, 05:25 PM
If memory serves me correct, the "bosses" of the Chaos Shrine do not use a scenario switch like later games. Basically the tile you fight them on is regarded as a 100% encounter rate with that particular monster. The same thing happens with monster-in-the-box encounters. You could still fight those monsters if you kept checking the chest they were in.

Fynn
12-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Aaaand done!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Paplyk/Mobile%20Uploads/image_17.jpeg

Gosh darn, that epilogue was long.

Fynn
12-03-2015, 09:30 PM
So, anyone got any tips and thoughts on how I should develop my FFII party?

Ayen
12-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Hand is mightier than the sword. Don't try to make any sense out of it.

Fynn
12-03-2015, 09:33 PM
But I want my dual-wielding blood swords.

Fynn
12-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Oh my goodness, I forgot how somber the tone of this game is. Love it!

Also, got Cure for Firion and Fire for Maria and am now grinding for Gil to get more stuff. Oh, and stats.

Bubba
12-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I got cure for everyone and Fire, ice and thunder for Firion and Maria. Maria is also getting the other magic tomes so she can be my dedicated magic user.

Bare knuckle is probably the strongest in the long run but all my team are packing weapons. Firion has a sword, Maria has a spear and bow, Guy has an axe. I realise this is probably not the strongest combination but it's my first play through, I know nothing about it and am thoroughly enjoying tinkering with stuff.

Josef has just joined my team and we're heading for the snow cave :D

Ayen
12-04-2015, 01:19 AM
But I want my dual-wielding blood swords.

Your duel-wielding blood swords is no match FOR MY MIDDLE FINGER SALUTE!

Fynn
12-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Yeah, I never bothered with fists and I always did just fine. Double blood swords it is.

I think I'll be making Firion my main white Mage who can slice things with a sword, Maria a black Mage, and Guy a pure fighter, though I might teach him Cure or something later on.

Ayen
12-04-2015, 06:02 AM
I'm just poking fun at the fact unequipping your weapons make your characters stronger at the start, with I think the exception of Guy. I was dealing so much damage monsters started running away from me! It was hilarious. The good kind.

maybee
12-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Don't do what I smurfing did and make your white mage too overpowered too quickly, and then you run out of MP too fast because Maria has Cure 9 or something stupid. :headdesk:

I need to replay this game and give it another try.

Fynn
12-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Okay, so I visited Fynn.

And Scotty died.

Hrm.

Ayen
12-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Okay, so I visited Fynn.

And Scotty died.

Hrm.

:G:whimper::crying2::crying:

Bubba
12-04-2015, 10:44 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!

Oh wait, I knew that. He gave me a ring and told me that he loved something. I can't remember what. I think it was donuts.

Pumpkin
12-04-2015, 10:46 PM
I like the keyword aspect in II

Scotty_ffgamer
12-05-2015, 12:08 AM
It's strange being dead.

Ayen
12-05-2015, 12:17 AM
It's strange being dead.

-uses Phoenix Down-

Wolf Kanno
12-05-2015, 06:13 AM
You should totally talk to the Imperial soldiers in Fynn... :shifty:

Ayen
12-05-2015, 06:14 AM
You should totally talk to the Imperial soldiers in Fynn... :shifty:

I second this suggestion. It's hard to gain their trust, but once you do they're very helpful! ^_^

Fynn
12-05-2015, 06:17 AM
I did talk to one!

What do you think happened? :stare:

Wolf Kanno
12-05-2015, 06:30 AM

Ayen
12-05-2015, 06:33 AM
He didn't take too well to you liking mobile games, huh?

Fynn
12-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Okay, so I got Minwu in my party and he is a beast. I love him.

Fynn
12-07-2015, 06:33 AM
As per tradition, a lot has happened this Sunday.

So I spent some hours to grind up some spells before heading to Salamander and have been pretty overpowered since, which feel awesome.

We went with Minwu to liberate the slaves and the boss fell in one turn. Then we went to Bafsk and the Dreadnought killed everyone that wasn't inside a building. That was pretty grim.

So then we took Josef to get the Goddess' Bell. Played the memory minigame on the snowmobile and now I'm swimming in cash. And then that ridiculous beaver scene happened. Oh, and Josef got squished by a rock. Shame.

Then we picked up Gordon and got the sunfire. Gotta tell ya, for someone with so little self-confidence, Gordon has pretty fantastic stats. Oh, and then we blew up the Dreadnought and here we are.

I like how this game is much more event-driven than FFI. Plus it's really dark in tone. It was a really huge departure from FFI.

Bubba
12-07-2015, 08:04 AM
Some impressive motoring there Fynn! You've already overtaken me in my playthrough. Though I blame baby responsibilities for that...

My party and Gordon have just used the Goddess' Bell to enter Kashuan. I don't feel massively overpowered at this point. My party don't have enough MP to make me feel comfortable. I miss Minwu's awesomeness.

Josef's demise was sad :cry:

Formalhaut
12-07-2015, 08:14 AM
As per tradition, a lot has happened this Sunday.

So I spent some hours to grind up some spells before heading to Salamander and have been pretty overpowered since, which feel awesome.

"So Fynn, how did you end up spending the Sabbath day?"

"...grinding."

Fynn
12-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Yeah, MP is incredibly slow to grind... Maria's my main spellcaster and she's only got like 103. But at least the spells are cheap.

So I picked up Leila and am now approaching Deist. Leila's pretty good from what I can recall.

Fynn
12-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Also, guys, you can start thinking on my party composition for FFIII now. I'll be playing the DS version and would like to have some cool idea for a party before I go in ;) (lookin' at you, Wolf Canoe :p)

And idk why but I really can't wait for FFIV. I've beaten it like seven times already - the most out of any FF - but I still really wanna play it for some reason.

Ayen
12-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Are you going to be doing the remake of III, or the original?

Fynn
12-08-2015, 05:45 AM
Are you going to be doing the remake of III, or the original?

I'll be playing the DS version

Ayen
12-08-2015, 05:49 AM
Oh right. Well, that was a whole month ago, Fynn! You can't expect me to remember that far back!

Fynn
12-08-2015, 05:54 AM
That was yesterday.

That's a quote from the post right above your question.

Ayen
12-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Yeah, yesterday. You can't expect me to remember that far back!

Fynn
12-08-2015, 06:03 AM
Reading comprehension is a crucial skill.

See, now I understand why you hate Half-Blood Prince and love FFX! :monster:

Ayen
12-08-2015, 06:08 AM
Silly Fynn. You don't read a video game.

Wolf Kanno
12-08-2015, 06:28 AM
If you want quick HP and MP in FFII, use the Canoe to get down to Mysidia and buy the Swap spell, then return to Altair and fight goblins. Have one character use Swap to switch their HP/MP with a monster, dropping character stats to single digits, and then quickly kill the monster. That will really help charge up those two stats.

As for party composition. For fun, use a party consisting of a Geomancer, Dark Knight, Viking, and Bard. It's a pretty fun and lethal group to use in the mid-game. As for other tips, just check out the thread I made about all of the classes in the DS version (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/136130-DS-Job-Class-Overview-*Complete*).

Pumpkin
12-08-2015, 07:08 AM
Geomancer, Devout, Magus, and Ninja

Specifically

Ingus - Geomancer
Arc - Devout
Luneth - Magus
Refia - Ninja

Why you ask?

BECAUSE IT'S CUTE THAT'S WHY

Rez09
12-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Try a Thief, Scholar, Viking, Devout party. :) The thief class comes early and is an excellent physical attacker that can steal lots of goodies; the scholar doubles the power of used items, making them extremely potent nukers when using bomb arms and the like the thief has stolen; the viking does good physical damage and provides survivability to the party; the devout offers full party healing the scholar can't. It is far from the strongest party, and the end game might be rough, but it is quite functional and seems fun.

Fynn
12-08-2015, 08:47 AM
So so far Viking, Devout and Geomancer seem to be repeating, so I will most likely use those three. I'll still have to think about the fourth one. Or we'll just see who else you guys propose ;)

Rez09
12-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Niiiiiinja! >: D

Fynn
12-08-2015, 09:16 AM
The Ninja is cool and all, but you get him really late. Like, Eureka-late.

Wolf Kanno
12-08-2015, 09:30 AM
You get him somewhat early in the DS version. Ninja and Sage get lumped in with the Earth Crystal now. They are unlocked in Eureka in the original only.

Fynn
12-08-2015, 10:05 AM
You are correct. As always.

Damn you Wolf :argh:

Bubba
12-08-2015, 11:13 AM
If you want quick HP and MP in FFII, use the Kanno to get down to Mysidia and buy the Swap spell, then return to Altair and fight goblins. Have one character use Swap to switch their HP/MP with a monster, dropping character stats to single digits, and then quickly kill the monster. That will really help charge up those two stats.

I love you, Wolf. I'm definitely using this in my playthrough. I've just come out of Kashuan with the Sunfire. Time to charge my team up before finding that blasted Dreadnought!

Fynn
12-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Oh, right, update.

I put the egg in the water and now I'm off to save Hilda from the emperor! Poor Wyvern :G But hey, Gordon's back in my party, which is awesome!

Fynn
12-09-2015, 11:50 AM
So today I managed to save Hilda and liberate Fynn. All before having to leave for work :smug:

Ayen
12-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Must feel strange liberating yourself. I didn't know you were in chains.

Fynn
12-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Update time!

So we took Leila a d got both masks, which allowed us to get the Crystal Rod. So, from Mysidia, we went to the Tower of the Magi, but alas, we were swallowed by a whale. Then KainRicard joined us but we lost Leila. And I'm kind of worried since I really can't remember what happened to her.

We managed to get out and scaled the Mysidian Tower and I'm surprised that I really have no problems progressing whatsoever. Still, reached the top, Minwu died, and Maria now knows Ultima :monster:

maybee
12-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Minwu died

RIP

You are amazing Minwu.

Midgar Mist
12-11-2015, 04:34 PM
All this talk is getting me interested in playing final fantasy I and II and replaying IV, V and VI (i need to give VI another chance even though Im not a fan of dealing with multiple parties, and theres things that annoy me about IV but what the hey i might go for it. I cant play III, used to have it on the DS but lost it, found it too hard anyway)

Fynn
12-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Got into the Cyclone. I have to say, those cutscenes with the Wyvern were pretty breathtaking.

Also, I'm kinda lost. I cannot for the life of me find my way around this place.

I also wish I'd known that Ultima depends on spirit rather than intelligence. Oh well. It's not like Minwu sacrificed himelf for it or anything :gator:

Wolf Kanno
12-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Got into the Cyclone. I have to say, those cutscenes with the Wyvern were pretty breathtaking.

Also, I'm kinda lost. I cannot for the life of me find my way around this place.

I also wish I'd known that Ultima depends on spirit rather than intelligence. Oh well. It's not like Minwu sacrificed himelf for it or anything :gator:

Its damage algorithm is also dependent on how many spells you have mastered for the character given to it. Even with high spirit, the spell will do pitiful damage compared to other magic if the user doesn't have a few spells at Lv. 16. It's even worse in the original as the spell was bugged and did pitiful damage regardless of any of this. Sakaguchi was a bit peeved by this and asked the programmer to fix it but he responded that he liked the concept of the Ancient Powerful magic of Legend to be more Legend than reality and that old things are not always better...

Fynn
12-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Well, at least I still have Flare :monster:

Fynn
12-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Guys l, I keep misreading Firion's name as Fiona ><

Also, killed the Emperor! Now off the get an airship because fucking Leon is trying to take over the world! :argh:

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Fun FACT: If you equip the Wyvern as an Item, you can use him in battle as a proto-summon.

Fynn
12-13-2015, 06:19 PM
Fun FACT: If you equip the Wyvern as an Item, you can use him in battle as a proto-summon.

WHAT HOW DO I DO THAT WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAT!!!!!!!

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2015, 06:29 PM

WHAT HOW DO I DO THAT WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAT!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how the mobile versions handle items but in the original and Origins version, your characters can only use items they bring into battle, you have a maximum of two slots. The Wyvern is one of the few Key Items that can be equipped and if used in battle it does a group hitting attack called Fireball VIII or something. It's technically the first summon in the series.

Fynn
12-13-2015, 06:33 PM
Just checked it. You can't equip it, but you can use it in battle. Noice.

maybee
12-14-2015, 11:21 AM
Guys l, I keep misreading Firion's name as Fiona ><

Firion is love, Firion is life.

* Photoshop edit of Firion's Dissidia's face over Shrek *

Loony BoB
12-14-2015, 11:40 AM
I read the part where you said you were going to play the numbered FFs one by one and thought "Oh, cool, so XI and XIV included!" and then you went on about how you are not including some numbered FFs like XIII and now I a have a mild OCD twitch going on.

EDIT: Yes I am late to this thread.

Fynn
12-14-2015, 12:00 PM
I said that I wouldn't play XIII before I said I'd play them all one by one, so you can't say I raised your expectations too high ;)

Keep in mind, I've actually played all games from I to XIII already, XI included, and this is just a marathon. I do intend to play XIV too, but an MMO really doesn't work with the pace of an event like this.

And to be fair, while I do refuse to play XIII due to how terrible it is, I also can't include FFXII in this even though it's my favorite, due to lacking the means to play it at the moment. So I'm just playing what I can, basically. Plus; many fans see X as the end of the series anyway, so :monster:

Loony BoB
12-14-2015, 12:09 PM
many fans see X as the end of the series
:facepalm:

Fynn
12-14-2015, 12:50 PM
many fans see X as the end of the series
:facepalm:

Ikr? XII was sooo much better :D

Back to my FFIII party, I think I'm actually gonna go with Viking, Geomancer and Devout. For the fourth member, I have two options: Ninja or Dark Knight. I know the Ninja is pretty OP, but I've essentially used him in both of my playthroughs, so the Dark Knight might be more interesting, but is he lethal enough? Also, who should be which job?

Pumpkin
12-14-2015, 03:35 PM
I ALREADY GAVE MY OPINION ON THIS

:colbert:

Viking is not cute

Fynn
12-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Cuteness is not practical

Pumpkin
12-14-2015, 03:38 PM
i dont even know what to do with your rn

Fynn
12-14-2015, 03:39 PM
I'll make Arc a devout, okay? Happy now? :colbert:

Pumpkin
12-14-2015, 03:40 PM
NO WHATEVER I DONT NEED YOU TO PLACATE ME

Pumpkin
12-14-2015, 03:41 PM
but yeah I vote Ninja

Fynn
12-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Sorry, Pumpkin, but I think I'm gonna go with Dark Knight :(

From what I read in Canoe's guide, Viking is super defensive, while DK is super offensive, meaning they'll be nicely balanced, which is necessary in a game this hard. Plus, I've done Ninja twice already.

So what do you guys think? Will I survive using a Dark Knight, Viking, Geomancer and Devout?

Loony BoB
12-14-2015, 04:27 PM
DK is super offensive
Dan has his moments, but he's not that bad.

Fynn
12-14-2015, 04:28 PM
DK is super offensive
Dan has his moments, but he's not that bad.

I was hoping someone would make a Donkey Kong joke, but sure, fine, I'll take what I can get.

Wolf Kanno
12-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Dark Knight can easily do as much damage as the Ninja, the main issue that separates them is speed and survivability. DK are a slow unit and their lack of gear until end game makes them easy targets. My recommendation for this team is to hoard Phoenix Downs and definitely spend time using the Black Belt's to bolster your party's HP.

Fynn
12-14-2015, 06:14 PM
As in, I should make my characters black belts for some time?

Wolf Kanno
12-14-2015, 06:15 PM
As in, I should make my characters black belts for some time?

You might want to gain a few levels as a Black Belt or Monk.

Pumpkin
12-14-2015, 06:19 PM
I am going to share what could have (should have) been:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110115092728/finalfantasy/images/5/50/Arc-Devout.png
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110115095836/finalfantasy/images/b/be/Ingus-Geomancer.png
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/3/35/FFIII-Luneth-Magus.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/101?cb=20100718115635&path-prefix=vi
https://cdn.staticneo.com/w/finalfantasy/thumb/8/8d/FFIIINinjaRefia.jpg/120px-FFIIINinjaRefia.jpg

LOOK AT THE ADORBS

LOOK AT IT

Fynn
12-14-2015, 06:36 PM
I KNOW WHAT MY PARTY WILL BE GUYUUUUYS

LUNETH: DANKEY KANG
ARC: DEVOUT MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF GLABADOS
REFIa: GEOMETRIST
INGUS: TECHNO VIKING

Fynn
12-14-2015, 09:15 PM
I've officially screwed myself over.

So the Emperor's risen from hell and I am almost done with this game. BUT... I missed out on the Blood Sword. And apparently there's only one in this version... The final battle is going to be a pain :(

Ayen
12-14-2015, 09:18 PM
I've officially screwed myself over.

You and Bowser finally got together, eh?

Fynn
12-14-2015, 09:30 PM
And here's where I go on a rant about regular verbs and phrasal verbs and how, due to the positioning nature of the English language, screw and screw over do not, in fact, mean the same thing :roll2:

Fynn
12-14-2015, 09:53 PM
I just went down three floors of the Jade Passage and died. And then found out I hadn't saved since the beginning of the dungeon.

Kill me

Pumpkin
12-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Apparently the killing part was already taken care of

Wolf Kanno
12-14-2015, 10:14 PM
I just went down three floors of the Jade Passage and died. And then found out I hadn't saved since the beginning of the dungeon.

Kill me

Welcome to Final Fantasy II. :simon:

Ayen
12-15-2015, 12:46 AM
And here's where I go on a rant about regular verbs and phrasal verbs and how, due to the positioning nature of the English language, screw and screw over do not, in fact, mean the same thing :roll2:

I can't hear you over the sound of my limit bar.

Fynn
12-15-2015, 05:52 AM

Oh wow. One moogle hug.

You must feel like a celebrity.

Ayen
12-15-2015, 05:54 AM

Oh wow. One moogle hug.

You must feel like a celebrity.

Your resentment is delicious.

Fynn
12-15-2015, 06:34 AM
So guys, what do I do? I don't really want to spend a lot of time grinding before the Jade Passage. Plus, I still don't know what weapon to focus on with Leo. He is now dual wielding a spear and a sword, but I'm not completely convinced this is a good idea.

And now that I don't have the blood sword, I am friggin' terrified of taking on that final boss :ohdear:

Wolf Kanno
12-15-2015, 07:08 AM
So guys, what do I do? I don't really want to spend a lot of time grinding before the Jade Passage. Plus, I still don't know what weapon to focus on with Leo. He is now dual wielding a spear and a sword, but I'm not completely convinced this is a good idea.

And now that I don't have the blood sword, I am friggin' terrified of taking on that final boss :ohdear:

Did you get Excalibur already?

Your best bet may be to grind HP/MP levels like I mentioned above with the swap spell. During this time, try to max out a weapon level. You get 2x the XP for weapons if you have the character duel-wielding them. Focus on swords and axes for your fighters and maybe try to gain some levels in spells like Flare and the support magic like Haste, Berserk, and Protect.

When you are finally strong enough to get into Pandemonium, you may need to farm the Iron Giant. He's a bitch to kill without the Blood Sword but he drops Genji Armor and more Excaliburs. With this type of gear, Mateus shouldn't be too much trouble.

Fynn
12-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Where can I get the first Excalibur?

Wolf Kanno
12-15-2015, 07:32 AM
Where can I get the first Excalibur?

Return to Castle Deist and talk to Elina about Ricard. She'll give you the sword.

Loony BoB
12-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Oh, Fynn did something similar to what I did (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/137646-I-hate-this-game-(). This is why I didn't like FFII too much. And yeah, I ended up just grinding like a bitch.

Fynn
12-15-2015, 01:33 PM
It's not exactly that. I just did not talk to Paul in that one small window of time when you can so that he'll show you your secret stash. And yeah, in my version, there is only one blood sword.

How exactly did I not miss it before?

Also, I happen to love this game to bits :monster:

Baked Moogle 420
12-15-2015, 05:12 PM
I made a start of the same mission! I've only gotten so far on final fantasy ! Bleddy forgot what the next thing was I had to do.need to get the eye for wizard dude but I always get lost haha

Fynn
12-16-2015, 08:37 PM
You know what's terrible about this game?

Escaping is nearly impossible

Ayen
12-16-2015, 08:59 PM

Welcome to my world!

I had a similar issue on the pre-set game available in RPG Maker 3.

Wolf Kanno
12-17-2015, 06:03 AM

Be grateful it's not the Famicom version of FFIII. If you try to run from combat, your defense is automatically reduced to 0 until the battle is over. Yeah, it's better to die fighting than watch your party be completely destroyed by turning and running.

Fynn
12-18-2015, 01:25 PM
The reason I'm not updating too much is because the grind is incredibly daunting and I have to keep teleporting out and reentering Pandaemonium because I keep running out of Hi-Potions and ethers. I possess no less than 12 elixirs now, however. So at least I get decent cash.

Fynn
12-20-2015, 11:03 AM
I SMURFING DID IIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Paplyk/Mobile%20Uploads/image_18.jpeg

(And yes, I know my pants are fabulous)

Fynn
12-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Started FFIII! Wooo!

So I assembled the party, helped princess Sara and took care of the curse. Then the crystal gave us jobs and now we're getting Cid to Canaan!

I actually kinda like how they gave the protagonists personalities. They really didn't add a lot of scenes, but what is there is pretty telling. I love the body language of the characters and their characters are kind of easy to make out in the dialogue. Good effort! :up:

My current party is thus:

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-04/art/ff3-luneth-monk.jpg

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/7/7c/Arc-WhiteMage.png/revision/latest?cb=20110115092706

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/e/e7/Refia-BlackMage.png/revision/latest?cb=20110115113756

http://84d1f3.medialib.glogster.com/media/b7/b7b0cf5eba308103829b3d6f4d5b82dec03b13dea37906001bd777bcab4df17c/freelancer-jpg.jpg

The game is quite difficult compared with FFI and II so far. But besides the occasional character death that forces me to reset the DS because I don't want to waste the single Phoenix Down that I have, it's going okay. The holy arrows were incredibly handy.

The only problem is that I need to get my DS fixed since not only are some of the buttons not working properly, but the top screen is kind of wonky and only works when I hold it up in a particular position. And I can't use the 3DS since the wife is currently using it to play 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors (and I also just prefer to play regular DS games on the smaller screen of my regular DS, don't ask me why).

(Also, I am disappointed no one has complimented my pants :G)

Bubba
12-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Good effort on finishing FFII! I'm still way back in Deist.

Formalhaut
12-21-2015, 08:37 PM
(Also, I am disappointed no one has complimented my pants :G)

Your pants are damn fine​, Fynn.

Fynn
12-21-2015, 08:50 PM
The inn is super expensive. Damnit, Im four orphans - Im not made of money!

Fynn
12-21-2015, 10:23 PM
Reached Canaan today. Mrs. Cid is sick and everyone seems to be talking about some dashing young lad by the name of Desch who came to town some time ago. So a girl fell in love with him and is now worried about him since he went to the dragon mountain. Guess where we're going next! :monster:

EDIT: God, those dancers are underwhelming in 3D

Wolf Kanno
12-21-2015, 11:02 PM
The inn is super expensive. Damnit, Im four orphans - Im not made of money!

That's why you just head back to Ur and use the shrine for free healing. Home sweet home.

Fynn
12-24-2015, 06:18 AM
I'm currently visiting my parents for the holidays so I'll be playing the game and posting less frequently. But this IS still going on, don't worry.

Fynn
01-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Right, so this is coming back on Monday. You know what I like? I like that the Monk is really helping me make ends meet financially. Luneth is really cheap to fully equip.

Midgar Mist
01-04-2016, 05:51 PM
This ridiculous Blackberry is finally paying for itself. It means I can finally see the most recent posts in long threads, yay me! On the dark side this phone has a mind of its own signal and tech wise

Anyway enough about my hatred of touch screens, I'm so happy I can see where you currently are Fynn!

III`s the hardest one I've ever attempted
I played the DS version, once and never again
Also, this version of changeable job systems put me off them for years, until I discovered FFX-2 that is. And thank the heavens for that cause otherwise I would never have discovered the wonder that is FF5. I'm looking forward to when you get to 5 fo sho!

Galuf
01-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Aye im not a fan of III. I havent completed it though. But ooft your close. IV is the begining of awesome. I would do a marathon but my laptop still broke :( goodluck. Again. 3 may take a bit. But you ptobably know that more than me. Lol.

Ayen
01-04-2016, 07:03 PM
I get the feeling I'll hate III, and yet I plan to play the original and the remake. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Fynn
01-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Or, OR, you're just doing thorough research. Like a proper critic should ;)

Anyway, I like III. And I can't really post anything yet today, since I did not play it AT ALL during the holidays, but I should hopefully be able to post something tomorrow. Or on Wednesday, since that's a red letter day here :monster:

Midgar Mist
01-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Aye im not a fan of III. I havent completed it though. But ooft your close. IV is the begining of awesome. I would do a marathon but my laptop still broke :( goodluck. Again. 3 may take a bit. But you ptobably know that more than me. Lol.

I agree with you Galuf, apart from the bit where you said you'd bow to other dudes judgement. III's a bore, roll on V :-D

Ayen
01-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Or, OR, you're just doing thorough research. Like a proper critic should ;)

Then you run into that person who still calls VI III and you have to calmly explain to them the number changes that happened prior to the release of VII, and then they continue to insist on calling VI III regardless and you :colbert: at them.

They exist o.o

Fynn
01-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Alrighty, guys and gals, I'm back! Entering Dragon's Peak to find Desch. Can't remember how big this place is...

Fynn
01-10-2016, 06:20 AM
Right, so it was much shorter than expected. Got chased away by freakin' BAHAMUT. Desch is kind of a smartass.

Also, now I gotta use the mini spell, so everyone needs to be changed into mages... Woo :eep:

Midgar Mist
01-10-2016, 03:56 PM
I can't look......its bringing back painful flashbacks of a terrible job system noooooo
Wh-wh-wh-what about that thing that uses Lightening and they all have to turn into Dragoons to survive!

Fynn
01-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Ah yes. Garuda. We'll get there.

But really, the job system isn't terrible by any stretch of the word. It's just not as good as what came after

Midgar Mist
01-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Ah yes. Garuda. We'll get there.

But really, the job system isn't terrible by any stretch of the word. It's just not as good as what came after

Long live FF5!
Long live FF5!

Bubba
01-28-2016, 06:59 PM
What is happening?!

Enquiring minds would like to know!

Fynn
01-28-2016, 07:20 PM
This got a short hiatus as my workload has increased and I've been distracted by Dragon Quest. Since you're asking, I'll try to play a bit soon.

Midgar Mist
01-29-2016, 06:01 AM
I'm looking forward to the next installment of Fynn's FF Marathon :-)

Bubba
01-29-2016, 10:29 AM
I'm looking forward to the next installment of Fynn's FF Marathon :-)

Agreed! I'm still plodding along on FFII though it is my first playthrough. Fynn is far more efficient than me!

Fynn
01-29-2016, 10:54 AM
Well, you got a baby on your hands, so I don't think that's a big achievement :p

Fynn
05-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Okay, I'm back! After a long break! FFIII! Yay

So I'm around the gnome village now, leveling up a bit. Ingus and Luneth have temporarily become black mages. We'll see how that goes.

Midgar Mist
05-14-2016, 06:29 PM
I thought this day........would never come again

I'm not really gonna be able to discuss a lot until you get to V so......you know.....full sail ahead and everything.

:kaocheer:

Fynn
05-14-2016, 06:39 PM
I might have something special in mind for V and VI

Midgar Mist
05-14-2016, 06:45 PM
You could just copy and paste Midgar Mist and FF6 into this thread :giggle:

Fynn
05-16-2016, 06:21 AM
So yesterday was a Sunday. That means I have a big update.

So basically, I am now up to Salonia. All my characters are level 26 and, surprisingly enough, I have not encountered any serious problems yet. There were a couple of points where I had to grind for a bit - the Nepto temple, for example, because I needed thunder for my two new black mages, and later Molten Cave because Ihad trouble killing Salamander. And now I'm going to spend just a teeny tiny bit of time grinding because I just made everyone into dragoons and the adjustment phase for Refia, for example, is ten battles.

Story-wise, surprisingly, not much has happened. I mean, Desch went and blew himself up because it was his destiny or something, but that let us cross further with the Enterpriss - the ship that the Vikings gave us. So then we beat up Gutsco and tried to take back the horn of ice, but it turned out he wasn't actually dead and was following us, and stole both horns and wanted to do something with the fire crystal. So we beat him up, and then we beat Hein up, stopping that giant floating tree, and then Cid made the Enterprise into an airship! Yay!

So we could finally go down to the surface, only to see it all engulfed by darkness, save for three small islands. There we woke up Aria, the water vestal, who took us to the water temple. She was a really cool addition to the party because of her free protect and cura which really made things easier. But then kraken killed her and everyone was sad :( Still, two crystals in one day was quite the achievement!

So then we wake up three days later to find out some dude has our boat chained up to the shore and, would you believe it, he also has the earth crystal! So we do some stuff with some four old guys who think they're Light Warriors (talk about wrong genre savvy - in FF, heroes of legend can't be older than 20), and we can go and take on Goldar with surprisingly little effort! Still, he's a sore loser so instead of just dying, he breaks the earth crystal so we can't take it :stare:

So then we fly around and end up in Salonia where they just blow our ship to pieces and that's just totally rude! I've always hated this place...

Okay, so aside from the dragoon thing, my current jobs are Monk, White Mage, Geomancer and Viking. Luneth isn't a DK yet because I can't buy him any gear, and so far the Monk's been pretty great. Ingus is great as a Viking- fantastic offense and defense, and Provoke has really helped protect my guys from dying. Refia as a Geomancer is just phenomenal and I have no idea why I haven't tried this class before. Super strong spells for free. Thanks for the recommendation, Wolf Kanno!

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2016, 06:29 AM
Glad you're enjoying Geomancer, it's pretty OP in the DS version, I wouldn't suggest using it in the original though.

DK gear doesn't really show up until towards the end I'm afraid. Even with it, they're still the melee equivalent of glass cannons though. Course the class works really well with Vikings. Have you played with the Bard or Evoker yet?

Fynn
05-16-2016, 06:36 AM
No I haven't, but I think I'm good. I kinda wanna breeze through this game, so I want my job levels in my proper jobs. ASAP.

As far as I know, the DK can also equip some regular armor you could buy back on the floating continent, so I'll probably change Luneth once we get the Nautilus. At least then he won't go around walking naked

Fynn
05-16-2016, 11:09 AM
So I got the Nautilus and upgraded it so it can go underwater and there's this cave underneath Saronia that I'm leveling up in for a while because the exp yield is really good and the battles aren't half bad (also, I have Raise now. Yay!). But is there anything else here? Is this where Odin is?

Fynn
05-16-2016, 02:54 PM
Okay, triple post, but whatever. i have some more little things I wanted to say.

-Three airships in this game and not one can reliably fly over everything. This always bugged me here. I get that the mountains being too high to fly over are the way they chose to go over sequence breaking in a way that would allow you the use of an airship earlier, but quite frankly, I think it's incredibly limiting and would much prefer to walk on foot for longer and get an airship that would actually let me feel the freedom that other airships do. I mean, I can get to the fucking flying continent, but no, those mountains are just way too high.

-The personal drama they tried to add... didn't really work out, to be honest. We have Refia low-key crushing on Desch, and then Arc having that thing with Prince Alus. I get it was built-up a bit, what with Arc being bullied before so now he kinda wants to protect Alus from bullies, but it's like two scenes so it makes me feel nothing and contributes nothing to the story or Arc's character, uh, arc, so what was the point?

-The numbers baffle me. According to the on-screen information, the monk should be dealing more damage with no weapons equipped, but then I equip two sets of knuckles and the actual damage in battle is much bigger than it was, despite the score on the character screen being lower? What is even up with that?

-In general, while the I and II remakes improved much on the clarity side of things, III remains just this vague thing that tells you nothing. You don't even get proper job descriptions aside from that obne guy at the inn who is next to useless because he can only tell you what jobs you currently have, so the adjustment period prevents him from being the least bit helpful. I get wanting to preserve the old school feel, but I don't think that would be totally lost on us if we had a UI that was just more clear and helpful, especially since the game isn't pulling any punches, unlike I and II.

Pumpkin
05-16-2016, 02:59 PM
Glad this is back!

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2016, 08:32 PM
Okay, triple post, but whatever. i have some more little things I wanted to say.

-Three airships in this game and not one can reliably fly over everything. This always bugged me here. I get that the mountains being too high to fly over are the way they chose to go over sequence breaking in a way that would allow you the use of an airship earlier, but quite frankly, I think it's incredibly limiting and would much prefer to walk on foot for longer and get an airship that would actually let me feel the freedom that other airships do. I mean, I can get to the smurfing flying continent, but no, those mountains are just way too high.

Yeah, it's a weird way to bottleneck the game. IV Handled it a bit better.

-The personal drama they tried to add... didn't really work out, to be honest. We have Refia low-key crushing on Desch, and then Arc having that thing with Prince Alus. I get it was built-up a bit, what with Arc being bullied before so now he kinda wants to protect Alus from bullies, but it's like two scenes so it makes me feel nothing and contributes nothing to the story or Arc's character, uh, arc, so what was the point?
One of my bigger gripes with the remake. I honestly preferred the nameless four, and it's obvious from both versions the story is written that way.

-The numbers baffle me. According to the on-screen information, the monk should be dealing more damage with no weapons equipped, but then I equip two sets of knuckles and the actual damage in battle is much bigger than it was, despite the score on the character screen being lower? What is even up with that?
They most likely fixed that "trick" with the monks for the remake. I attest that the original holds true to not giving Monks weapons is the way to go.

-In general, while the I and II remakes improved much on the clarity side of things, III remains just this vague thing that tells you nothing. You don't even get proper job descriptions aside from that one guy at the inn who is next to useless because he can only tell you what jobs you currently have, so the adjustment period prevents him from being the least bit helpful. I get wanting to preserve the old school feel, but I don't think that would be totally lost on us if we had a UI that was just more clear and helpful, especially since the game isn't pulling any punches, unlike I and II.

Honestly it is better if you've played the original. While I don't care about the in-game "job description" aspect since that never appeared in the series until FFTactics, the UI is better about explaining equipment and job stat changes than the original. Even then, I would argue FFIII Original did a better job on this point than FFIV original. Honestly, I like that the game does more to keep some of the old school "experimenting" aspect as opposed to the more streamlined presentations of other Remakes, especially since this game didn't need it as much.

Fynn
05-16-2016, 09:24 PM
Just encountered a Boss-In-Mook-Clothing Behemoth. Almost died of a heart attack.

Now everyone is level 35 and I just got Unei - we're going to get the Invincible! Level-wise, think Ik doing okay

Midgar Mist
05-17-2016, 04:56 AM
I only got as far as that powerful woman attacking me to put me to the test......owch

Fynn
05-17-2016, 05:47 AM
Do you mean Unei? Because I haven't reached that point yet. And that's actually the final stretch of the game. So if that's the case, you gave up really close to the end :p

Fynn
05-17-2016, 08:24 AM
Okay! So! Got the Invincible. It's the airship that doesn't land, for some reason. So the Ancients had the technology to build the mightiest airship in the world, but I guess giving them the technology to implement landing would have been unrealistic.

So now we encounter dividing enemies. Note to self; it doesn't matter if your Dark Knight has the akitetsu equipped - if you have the Defender in your other hand, the enemies will still divide on contact :eep:

Wolf Kanno
05-17-2016, 06:56 PM
Yeah, you either need magic, a katana, or the ability to kill them in one blow to stop dividing enemies. Oh, and they're here to stay.

Fynn
05-17-2016, 06:58 PM
Just got the Kiku-ichimonji, though, so I'm all set!

Fynn
05-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Okay, so after the Cave of Shadows I went straight for that maze below the Crystal Tower so that I could get the Earth Crystal jobs. Now everyone is the job they were always meant to be (I really broke sequence so Arc could have as many Devout job levels as he could)

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/b/bf/Luneth-DarkKnight.png/revision/latest?cb=20110115104133 http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/5/50/Arc-Devout.png/revision/latest?cb=20110115092728 http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/c/cd/Refia-Geomancer.png/revision/latest?cb=20110115113759 http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/c/c4/Ingus-Viking.png/revision/latest?cb=20110115095856

So Doga and Unei were pretty easy to beat, although it took two attempts with Doga because I kind of approached the fight from a wrong angle. Ingus is proving pretty amazing as a Viking - now that he's got full diamond equipment, I use him as my meat shield for boss battles. Two shields, back row, provoke - as long as the boss uses single-target physical attacks (which they use surprisingly often), I get 0 damage. So he's pretty rad. I'm also very happy that Arc can finally cast Curaga and Raise reliably.

Now I'm making my way down Eureka, taking my time, grinding some levels. Right now everyone's level 45 and just got the Moonring Blade. I actually had to restart Eureka once because I got ahead of myself and in my carelessness died in the fight with Kunoichi. Hope I can do better this time around.

Anyway, I'd expect I'll beat this by Friday, Saturday at the latest. Which means I'll be starting FFIV soon (DS version)! I'll be starting a completely new game, not a New Game + from a leftover save file, so I'll have no augments. Things can get tough. So, because customization is minimal, let's maybe start building hype for that by just talking about the game, what you like about it, what I may not know about it and that can help me along the game, which augments I should give to whom to get the best augments, etc. I think the only ones I've used reliably is Dark on Kain and Omnicast on Rosa, so if there's any cool abilities that I've missed and you think they're worth using in the game, let me know! It'd be cool to try something new, like with the Geomancer and Viking jobs in III which turned out pretty damn rad.

Pumpkin
05-18-2016, 04:03 PM
I've played the PSP and GBA versions of IV, so I'm interested to hear more about the DS version!

Fynn
05-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Well, it's certainly got the best art style!

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/3/31/Ff4characters.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120706190747

Fynn
05-18-2016, 06:08 PM
Got to the end of Eureka, woohoo! Level 8 white magic, Masamune and Ragnarok are definitely the highlights. Ooh, and I got a Ribbon and put it on Arc because it feels appropriate, what with me dying if anything happens to him

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2016, 07:01 PM
You're going to want ribbons for everyone actually.

I'm still partial to the original graphics of FFIV, they were especially impressive coming off my playthrough of the NES FFs a few years ago.

Fynn
05-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Well, to each their own. For me, the DS version is the definitive version of FFIV

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2016, 07:12 PM

Fynn
05-18-2016, 07:25 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/1/1d/Mysidian_legend_words_ffiv_ios.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20130527151047
http://www.cubed3.com/media/2007/November/jesusraz/ffivdsbox.jpg
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/0/03/DSspoony.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20081226235719

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2016, 07:47 PM
As usual, PAL regions get a better cover artwork. :p

Fynn
05-18-2016, 07:50 PM
In any case, we're still on FFIII! Im level 48 and now going to Bahamut's Lair to grind! Hopefully level 60 and above!

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2016, 08:03 PM
Don't over-level, she's not that hard in this version. Just grind some HP and go beat her.

Fynn
05-18-2016, 08:05 PM
Idk, I'd rather spend some time in a cave than risk failing after a six-tier boss rush and two full dungeons

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2016, 09:58 PM
You get to save between the two dungeons.

Fynn
05-19-2016, 04:38 AM
Are you sure? Because from the two times I played this version, I don't think that's the case

Wolf Kanno
05-19-2016, 04:40 AM
It might help if you referred to it as the Crystal Tower and World of Darkness, yes you can't save between those two without leaving the dungeon, but it is possible to actually beat all of the bosses except CoD, leave, save, and come back.

Fynn
05-19-2016, 05:17 AM
I think I've tried to do that but failed.

But you're saying I can actually teleport out? Because that would be a game changer

Fynn
05-19-2016, 08:50 AM
So guess what happened

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Paplyk/Mobile%20Uploads/image_28.jpeg

(Sorry the pic is blurry - the Cloud of Darkness dying animation was surprisingly short, so I had one take)

Also, Wolf, you lied. Teleport stopped working after defeating Xande :stare:

Fynn
05-19-2016, 12:19 PM
Some final thoughts on FFIII:

- the encounter rate was actually great? People keep complaining about the encounter rate in this, but really, it's not that bad, and I think it might actually be better than FFII's. Also, don't know if this is a mechanic or just a coincidence, but it seemed like the higher my level was, the lower the chance of encountering enemies.

- end game grinding took no effort at all and I had no problem going from level 48 to 55 in a relatively short time. Due to my job combination, I also got to grind a few levels on my way up the Crystal Tower, as I wasted no MP and Terrain skills usually one-hit-KO'd the enemies.

- really, with the right job combination, this game isn't that bad. It's just a matter of knowing which jobs to use, which you basically need a guide for that, because the way the game is structured it actually discourages experimentation, which is like the last thing you would want in a game with a job system.

- the ending sequence was actually really short compared to FFI and II, which surprised me!

- overall, I actually really enjoyed this playthrough of FFIII. Be it because of the interesting job combination or just my sheer determination to finish it quickly, I came out of this liking III more than I did before!

So, starting FFIV today! I am so excited! This game is love! :love:

Pumpkin
05-19-2016, 05:12 PM
Porom and Rosa da best

Fynn
05-19-2016, 05:20 PM
So far, wow, the direction of the cutscenes is just stellar. It's like, there's actual cinematography that plays a role in the storytelling, especially in the scene where Rosa talks to Cecil in his tower with the way the light is used to reflect Cecil's inner conflict. Amazing.

Also, I love how Cecil and Rosa are a couple from the beginning. There's no "will they or won't they" or "meet cute" - they're just a couple, they love each other, and they're adorable. Incredible how THAT's refreshing nowadays.

So anyways; just started. King is mad that we're not happy with how we steal stuff from innocent oppressed nations, so of course we're demoted and have to carry the Carnelian Signet to the remote village of Mist. Luckily, Cecil's buddy Kain is there to lend a helping hand!

Midgar Mist
05-19-2016, 07:11 PM
As usual, PAL regions get a better cover artwork. :p

The US gets more games.

In terms of FF3 I only ever played the DS version. FF4, 5 and 6 were PS1 SNES Hijacks. I'm still planning on getting a PSP to play 1 and who knows? Maybe I shall attempt 3 again, so long as I take to heart every word you and Fynn have posted.

Wait...youre on 4 now Fynn? You work fast. (i really should read everything before i post)

Fynn
05-20-2016, 09:04 AM
PROGRESS REPORT!

- So I left Baron for the Mist Cave. The town didn't really have any interesting things, but what the hey. With the washed palette and rocky architecture, it all makes me think of Spain and the heat I encountered in Barcelona. So I'm gonna go with that. Baron is Spain.

- I forgot about Namingway's adventures! So turns out he can't change my name, so he has an existential crisis and starts doing other things. As Mappingway, he gave me the magic minimap for dungeons which is just super swell!

- Mist Cave was quite easy though I'm quite surprised at how many potions I have to use. Also, having Darkness instead of the usual Souleater is a noticeable nerf for Cecil. The big groups of enemies that can slow and blind you are just a big nuisance when you can't just spam that one attack that deals damage to all.

- So the Carnelian Signet did the thing and the whole village got torched. Welp. So we try to take Rydia but she's like "nuh-uh, you killed my mom, you're gonna get squished by Titan" and she causes a big continental shift that moves the mountain range. Kain is nowhere to be found.

- Have I already mentioned how adorable baby Rydia is in this version?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/1/12/Little_Rydia.png/revision/20150817085216

- Other than that, went to Kaipo, found Rosa unconscious, she gave me the Auto-Potion augment, then I went to get the sand pearl. Passed the Underground Waterway with the help of Tellah, Damcyan got attacked by Golbez, You Spoony Bard!, yadda yadda yadda.

- So now I'm exploring the Antlion's Den. Edward is actually very useful with all those songs of his and I'm so glad they made him so because I always liked him as a character. Also, hello Sam Riegek, my voice twin!

Galuf
05-20-2016, 12:22 PM
aw you cant change the names :( guess Cecil wont be Johnny then...

Fynn
05-20-2016, 12:26 PM
Also, guys, there's this weird optical illusion going around the Internet that people just can't agree on regarding Cecil's outfit.

Is it white and gold, or black and blue?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/0/08/Cecil.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/270?cb=20120706124543

Fynn
05-23-2016, 10:02 AM
It's a Monday! And you know what that means

A WEEKEND MIRACLE-GRADE UPDATE!!

So yeah, I got as far as getting Edge and actually beating Rubicante. I won't be doing a full recap of events because pretty much everyone here remembers this game's plot, so I'll just go over some highlights.

- The game is much easier than I remember. This might be because I came in straight after III and not after a different version of IV, so I'm more used to just fighting every battle, so I didn't even have to grind to teach Float and Reflect to Rosa. It might also be because I'm using a lot of Augments.

- Speaking of Augments, Kain using Cry is hilarious. He just starts the battle by moping and that lowers the defense of enemies. "You guys, Rosa doesn't love me, sob sob." Gets me every time.

- While Rydia with Fast Talker and MP+50% is a beast. Rosa has Dualcast, but it's really Pray that makes her stand out because Rydia barely loses any MP thanks to her. I just love how they boosted Pray in this game because it was near useless in the original.

- I also had Tellah use Tsunami in the Magus Sister battle a lot. That really helped the battle go down faster.

- The voiced cutscenes are actually all really well done! It's really amazing how a little bit of body language and good voice work can really have some scenes carry so much more weight than the original's presentation.

- That said, the scenes outside of cutscenes can be pretty awkward. The goblins just go to set up the cannon and disappear, despite the fact you've already beaten them in battle. And it's kinda weird that it's no longer Golbez's disembodied hand that grabs the Crystal. But then again, perhaps that's a change for the better.

- Oh dear Lord, are the fake-out deaths corny. But then again, the voiced scene where Tellah dies is actually all the more powerful thanks to the comparison.

- I'm also having no problem buying stuff. Seriously, was I having problems before because I just wasn't battling enough? And I'm still not fighting as many battles as in FFIII!

- Speaking of that, I forgot how well-paced this game is. In FFIII everything was just going from dungeon to dungeon, stopping for a bit in each one to grind some levels. Here, you go from story event to story event, each of which matters, and you really don't need to grind in-between because the levels just come naturally.

Overall, this is super fun and story-wise, I'm now supposed to go get the last crystal, but first I wanna visit the Sylph Cave and the Feymarch. If all goes well, I'll be done with this in a couple of days!

Midgar Mist
05-26-2016, 04:42 AM
What you're saying bears no resemblence to my playthrough. I found it hard to level up and learn the necessary spells. And I don't remember augments. I suppose this could all be because I played the PS1 version.

Wolf Kanno
05-26-2016, 06:05 AM
Augments are additions made in the 3D Remake of the game, they allow you to gain abilities from other party members and even bosses. So for instance, you can keep Twincast and teach it to two other characters so you have it for the whole game.

Fynn
05-26-2016, 06:38 AM
The fun thing about twincast is that giving it to two other characters than Palom and Porom gives you access to additional, very powerful spell. For instance, having it on Kain and Cecil gives you access to Bubble, while Cecil and Rosa will be capable of casting Ultima!

Anyhoo, just made it to the Moon! Got my knife and my Leviathan and everything too!

Fynn
05-26-2016, 10:09 AM
Also, I'll be taking a little break from this after IV for a couple of reasons.

1) I have to buy FFV on Steam, and I kinda have to conserve the money for now. Will probably buy it next month.
2) I don't want to get burnt out by FF before I reach the end of it, so I kinda wanna give myself some air.
3) There's another game I want to focus on now.

So I hope to continue this soon! In the meantime, feel free to discuss the FFs here! Which game are you looking forward to me playing? Perhaps you'd also like to share some of your own experiences?

Midgar Mist
05-26-2016, 11:12 AM
Augments are additions made in the 3D Remake of the game, they allow you to gain abilities from other party members and even bosses. So for instance, you can keep Twincast and teach it to two other characters so you have it for the whole game.

That sounds like an easier version.

Awww, and Fynn I thought you had access to everything already. I am looking forward to your playthrough of 5 when you're ready, and true you don't wanna get burnt out. Plus, I end up with loads of stuff I wanna play sometimes as well.

When you're ready to play 5 I'm looking forward to seeing how it differs from the PS1 version. I never minded the way it was translated but you could perhaps show me examples of how the Steam translation is better.

As for my own experiences well, this is your marathon, wouldn't want to share too many of my own but, I may think of a few things.

Fynn
05-26-2016, 01:15 PM
It may sound easier, but augments are actually added for balance because the overall difficulty of the game was significantly boosted with bosses having brutal counters and improved AI, spells being learned at later levels, and so on

Formalhaut
05-26-2016, 04:23 PM
I'm always astonished how people can play games so quickly. It takes me a minimum of about a week to play one average-length game.

And that's if I'm on break or otherwise got nothing better to do.

Fynn
05-26-2016, 04:26 PM
All it takes is dedication ;)

Also, remember I've played all of these games to the end at least ones. Around seven times for FFIV, actually

Formalhaut
05-26-2016, 04:29 PM
Me and Mr. Carny were both playing through the Mass Effect trilogy. I was only halfway through 2 by the time he finished 3.

Pumpkin
05-26-2016, 06:10 PM
What's the other game?

Fynn
05-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Probably Soil Hackers, though I'm still thinking. The key thing is I just want like a week or two long break from FF before jumping into V, because I want to be as eager to play it as I was to play IV

Midgar Mist
05-26-2016, 08:36 PM
That's fair enough.

As for the issue of speed, while I'm not an FF completionist I am an obsessive grinder so it takes me at least 2 weeks. I don't keep exact count though.

You're so modest Fynn, its cause you happen to be that good :-)

Fynn
05-27-2016, 08:37 AM
So! The Giant of Babil happened and I thought I was gonna throw my DS at the wall because of that damn CPU fight. For those of you that haven't played the DS version, it's been changed significantly. Fusoya is just outright lying about killing the Defense Node first because the healing it provides is negligible. The Attack Node, however, no longer takes away 10% of the target's max health with its laser barrage, but attacks everyone in the party for, oh, I don't know, around 3000 points of damage, leaving only Cecil alive and at critical health. The battle was entirely luck-based - if it opens up the battle with laser barrage, which it loves to do, I'm left with just Cecil. And it also likes to immediately follow that up with another. The only way to beat it was to somehow kill it before it uses laser barrage, which I barely did after slowing him down and hasting Edge. Pretty sure this is the most unfair fight in the entire game.

But anyway, got the Excalibur, and all that I have left to do before the final dungeon is getting Odin and Bahamut.

Fynn
05-28-2016, 06:04 PM
And it's done!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o509/Paplyk/Mobile%20Uploads/image_29.jpeg

Had no problems throughout the final dungeon and battle whatsoever. The pacing in this game is truly excellent and I really didn't even need to grind once.

Playing this yet again has only cemented it as one of my all-time favorites. It has a very cool battle system, despite limited customization, as I loved controlling five party members and the difference in the action execution time, which is something that hasn't been used in the series up until XII (and we still haven't received another game with five party members). I also love the story and the presentation of the DS version really makes it all the more gripping. Definitely the best game of the marathon so far!

So yeah, hope you guys enjoyed IV as much as I did ;) I'll be seeing you soon with FFV! I need a little bit of a breather, like I said, but I will be back with the next game for sure!

Fynn
10-16-2016, 12:47 PM
Well, I'm back again, kiddos. I guess it's hard to call this a marathon anymore, but what the hell.

Just started FFV, AKA FFIII again but actually fun this time. Playing the Steam version this time, which is kind of blurry and with occasional graphical bugs, but overall, I like the way the game looks. I love the little touches to the interface.

So anyway, just got to the Shipwreck, Bart's is a Knight, Lenna's a White Mage, Galuf a Black Mage and Faris a Thief. Everything's been a breeze so far!

Karifean
10-16-2016, 12:53 PM
Hey I guess this way you might be able to top off your marathon with FFXV =P

Fynn
10-16-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to top it off with The Zodiac Age, really :p

Fynn
10-16-2016, 09:56 PM
Well, just got the airship. I have to say, I'm going pretty damn fast!

I never noticed that you can actually sequence break a lot once you get the fire-powered ship and later the black chocobo. That way I visited all the towns and got all the available summons even before I got the airships, which is pretty rad. At this point, all that's left is taking on the flying fortress and we're moving on to the second world!

Bubba
10-17-2016, 05:24 PM
Glad this is back!

Galuf
10-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Ah I see. Capitalizing on my confused pause period.

well I tell you it... yeah idk.

hi

Fynn
10-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Pure coincidence, my dear Galuf!

Also, that reminds me, it is so weird seeing the name Galuf in-game now, since I've started associating that name with you so much that you're the first person that comes to mind when I see it, so it's kind of like "oh hey, that character has my friend's name!" now :exdee:

Galuf
10-17-2016, 06:26 PM
Lol. Its weird for me too. Just cos its like I named him Galuf. But I never name after myself.

Yeah idk. What aboot ff9 with freya. Lol

Fynn
10-17-2016, 06:35 PM
I haven't played IX since we became friends, but I guess I'll get there eventually and we'll see how that goes haha :exdee:

Fynn
10-17-2016, 10:02 PM
Just got to Galuf's world. I forgot how exciting this beginning sequence is what with escaping Exdeath's castle and the Big Bridge chase! That was really epic.

Also, never noticed that Dragoons are left-handed in this game! Nice bod to IV.

Galuf
10-17-2016, 10:38 PM
Dragoons are king and ill prove it to those fools in xiv

Fynn
10-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Managed to grind a bit this morning, changed around some classes. Faris is still a Berserker since I really want Equip Axes on her when she becomes a Ninja, and Bartz is still a Dragoon, but I made Lenna into a Bard and Galuf into a Dancer, but even though the latter is pretty hilarious, I'll probably change him soon since the effects of Dance turn out to be random. And I don't really like that.

Fynn
10-19-2016, 08:20 AM
Got to the Moogle Village. The Tyrannosaurus almost killed me, but then I tried casting raise on it and poof!

Changed Lenna and Galuf into a Geomancer and Ranger respectively. These are two more jobs that I've rarely used before, and so far I love them so much!