PDA

View Full Version : DQVII and VIII for the 3DS is heading towards the West.

Wolf Kanno
11-13-2015, 02:52 AM
In today's Nintendo Direct (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/12/dragon-quest-vii-coming-summer-2016-and-dragon-quest-viii/) it was announced that both 3DS remakes of DQVII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (originally known as Warriors of Eden) and Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King will finally leave their homeland of Japan and be available in the West next year.

Both games come with new content and features. DQVIII will feature new equipment and story content fleshing out the game's story. DQVII on the other hand is a full on remake, utilizing full 3D graphics in the style of DQIX and altered content and new items.

Del Murder
11-13-2015, 02:59 AM
May have to check out DQVII which is the one I left behind. VIII is my favorite but I've kind of been there done that.

Wolf Kanno
11-13-2015, 03:03 AM
I really hope they fix the opening t DQVII. Other than that, I know they fixed one other issue I had with the game so I'm cool there. Not sure if I really want to plunge through DQVIII again.

VeloZer0
11-13-2015, 05:44 AM
Hm, maybe the 3DS is finally getting to the point where it has enough titles to attract my interest.

Fynn
11-13-2015, 05:56 AM
Holy crap, yes. I can finally beat VIII and just in general get more into this series :)

Shauna
11-13-2015, 08:12 AM
I am more happy about this than the Cloud Smash announcement.

Fynn
11-13-2015, 08:35 AM
I am more happy about this than the Cloud Smash announcement.

You and me both. Not that I'm not excited about Cloud. Just excited about this so, so much more.

Rin Heartilly
11-13-2015, 12:29 PM
I shamefully admit that the only DQ I've played is IX and monster joker. So I'm excited to play VII and VIII on the 3ds because I've heard good things about them ^^

Wolf Kanno
11-15-2015, 03:30 AM
I have finally taken the plunge and started a new file of DQVII since it's been over ten years since I last played it. I finally got past the long opening section and finally into the game proper, though it will be awhile before I hit Dharma Temple and can really start playing the game. I can honestly say that VII really was the last DQ game to still have the franchise's fangs in terms of challenge. I'm curious to see if the remake will follow the path of previous remakes and make the game a little more bearable for people who lack patience.

Formalhaut
11-15-2015, 03:48 AM
I've never gotten into this series but it is on my radar of games that I will get into... when I have the time. Fire Emblem probably comes before it though.

Laddy
11-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Dragon Quest VII is a game I adored as a child and I'm excited to play this.

Colonel Angus
11-19-2015, 06:26 PM
DQVIII has already been released in the West, Canoe, on the PS2. One of my favorite RPGs. Haven't played VII, so that getting a new release intrigues me as well.

I know they're doing some new stuff w/ it. Seriously considering getting a 3DS.

Thinking of playing VIII again.

Wolf Kanno
11-19-2015, 07:00 PM
DQVIII has already been released in the West, Canoe, on the PS2.

Not the 3DS version though, which has been available for awhile in Japan. ;)

Been playing through DQVII and I'm in Farlish, which is the first point in the game where we see a difficulty spike. Good section though. Still not sure if I should be dreading or looking forward to Dharma Temple... Part of me wants those Job Classes, the other part remembers how much of a bitch that section is.