PDA

View Full Version : A Final fantasy life simulator game...?

Rin Heartilly
11-13-2015, 12:08 PM
So I play a lot of simulation games in general, and then it kinda dawned on me, wouldn't it be cool (or totally not cool) if the FF universe had it's own life sim along the lines of Harvest Moon, fantasy life, animal crossing or even the sims?

In my mind I see an open-chibified-world, where your character can own their own residence and establishment along with another FF characters like a bar with Tifa, a chocobo ranch with Cloud, a materia shop with Yuffie, florist with Aeris, cemetery with Vincent, airport with Cid..etc where you do odd jobs for other FF peeps, hunt marks, mini games like fishing, chocobo racing, TT...etc, different jobs depending on what establishments you choose to make (like a cook, hunter, farmer..etc) and have soul links with all the characters similarly like persona, fire emblem and harvest moon where you can eventually get married and have a kid (with both parents traits), in your own house and have other FF characters visit you and compliment on how well you've pimped your place up as your pet moomba rolls around the floor chasing oglops in the front of the house.

If you get bored, you can visit other FF worlds and forge soul links,with other FF characters, hunt exotic marks, make new establishments away from your home world, and during special in-game holidays characters from all FF realms/worlds gather together and take part, where you can participate in competitions against them or have awards ceremonies due to accomplishments you've made during the in-game year.

Maybe I play too many simulation games, but I think it'd be fun playing one with a FF paint job, maybe world of Final fantasy will be a bit similar? I know lots of people hate simulation games because they find them boring lol How would you feel about an FF life simulation game as a spin off title?

Fynn
11-14-2015, 05:49 PM
While I think this could work (a Fantasy Life with FF classes could be cool), I don't really think I'd enjoy it too much :P I mean, I enjoy JRPGs and I love the Sims (3 especially), but for stuff like Fantasy Life - which is a blend of the two categories - I really need to be in the mood.

Rin Heartilly
11-14-2015, 07:01 PM
I know what you mean, I enjoy sim games because I find them relaxing to play when I'm stressed out, sometimes I'll play a sim game for days on end and other times I won't touch one for months. I think persona 3 and 4 are the only simrpgs that I got totally obsessed over xD

Fynn
11-14-2015, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah, but I wouldn't really qualify them as life sims, IMO. You don't really decorate your house, or customize your avatar, or really get much freedom. Though I guess if you count dating sims as simulation games, then it counts.

Scotty_ffgamer
11-14-2015, 11:23 PM
I can't remember the title for sure, but wasn't there a sort of life sim on the Wii. Ff crystal chronicles: my life as a king maybe? Obviously it didn't have can favorite characters or anything, but I remember enjoying it.

Formalhaut
11-14-2015, 11:46 PM
You could maaaybe do like a Ivalice: Total War edition, I mean heck most of the plot of FFXII is inherently a power struggle between two nations.

Or, a SimCity: Midgar! Keep every sector's happiness, sanitation and order stats up to appease the people and win the day for Shinra! Reeve could be your advisor person.

Or do Spore: The FF Monster edition. How could one tiny life-form evolve to become a freaking behemoth and gain intelligence!

The possibilities are endless really!

Laddy
11-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Rollercoaster Tycoon: Gold Saucer!!

Rin Heartilly
11-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Hahaha so many possibilities xD

maybee
11-21-2015, 07:31 PM
It would be awesome if it was like the Sims 3 ? Start a family with your Final Fantasy otp. / cue videos of Aerith drowning in the pool.