PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross Is Still Awesome

Forsaken Lover
11-14-2015, 10:22 AM
t48qxtw65II

We are coming up on CC's 16th birthday but I didn't feel like waiting. Been watching too many videos like this one and it just got me in the mood.

Been over a year now since I first played Trigger and Cross. I won't say anything more about Trigger because the fanboys have already said that, when God gave the Commandments to Moses, one was about "And Chrono Trigger was the best JRPG ever." Well, to hear them tell it that happened.

Cross' legacy though must be remembered and appreciated in spite of the vitriol leveled at it.
Possibly the greatest OST in the history of video games
The best-looking video game of its day
Amazingl environments,
A pretty unique battle system,
A party consisting of a voodoo doll, an alien, Michael Jackson, a turnip, and much more.
A narrative with overt inspiration from Xenogears.

And other things besides.

It was a lot of fun. Come and appreciate a classic.

P.S.

Fuck Miguel and Dario.

VeloZer0
11-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Probably the only major fault I can find with Chrono Cross is that by forcing a main character on you with a certain element it kind of really impinges on your party set up choices. Other than that it was an amazing game who's which only really fell short by not being 'Chrono Trigger 2'.

Rostum
11-15-2015, 07:14 AM
I really loved Chrono Cross. Being in Australia it was never released here, so I had to mod my PSX and import it. I really wish they'd release it on PSN for Australia at some stage. :(

sharkythesharkdogg
11-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Awesome game is awesome.

Wolf Kanno
11-20-2015, 01:34 AM
It was a fun game that was simply overshadowed by the legacy of what came before.