PDA

View Full Version : I'm technically not new

Zora
11-21-2015, 04:25 AM
But this is my first time logging in over five years (or at least my last post was five years ago), so let's pretend I am. *ahem*

Not sure why I'm back here. I guess the recent announcement of cloud in smash reminded me that Final Fantasy existed, and I used to visit this forum semi-frequently when I was playing FF games often. Now, I just don't have the money for a ps4, FFXIV monthly fee (or is it every three months?), and the myriad of FF spin-offs. Even so, I'm back?

so basically Cloud in smash-->oh right FF exists-->oh right I used to go to FF forums-->I might as well see what's going on.

so here I am.

What's new?

Was this quina smiley always here? :quina:

so hi everybody I probably don't recognize.

Edit: at least I think this is the forum where you post introduciton threads? if not... whoops.

escobert
11-21-2015, 04:34 AM
Welcome back! Enjoy your stay!

Formalhaut
11-21-2015, 04:41 AM
Edit: at least I think this is the forum where you post introduciton threads? if not... whoops.

You're already a fast learner, you catch on fast!

Welcome back Zora! I was like you, a not-quite-newbie-but-kinda-am. I re-joined a few years back, and I'm still ticking.

What have you been up to in the space of five years?

Oh, and as is obligatory for all newbie/kinda newbie threads: What's your favorite Final Fantasy?

Zora
11-21-2015, 04:43 AM

You're already a fast learner, you catch on fast!

Welcome back Zora! I was like you, a not-quite-newbie-but-kinda-am. I re-joined a few years back, and I'm still ticking.

What have you been up to in the space of five years?

Went to college, got a bachelor's in physics, and going into a master's program until i can get some cred for a Ph D program.

so basically, an education in oh what am i doing with my life?

Oh, and as is obligatory for all newbie/kinda newbie threads: What's your favorite Final Fantasy?
IX, followed very closely by VI.

Ayen
11-21-2015, 04:51 AM
Hai. I'm one of the newbies who joined after your absence. You can call me Master Ayen. Resident Critic.

Welcome back!

Formalhaut
11-21-2015, 04:51 AM
Went to college, got a bachelor's in physics, and going into a master's program until i can get some cred for a Ph D program.

so basically, an education in oh what am i doing with my life?

Looks about right. At least Physics sounds impressive! I'm doing my final year of my undergraduate myself, in Sociology. It's really a contest of who'll get employed first, really.

Also, good choices with choice of game. I take it the more recent FFs didn't really take your fancy?

Zora
11-21-2015, 04:58 AM
Also, good choices with choice of game. I take it the more recent FFs didn't really take your fancy?

It isn't that, i just basically never had a console to play FF games since I lost access to my parents' PS3 blu-ray player (I moved out). Past that... where their any notable releases on (3)DS and PSP besides spin-offs? The only ones that come to memory are Crisis Core, Theatrerhythm, and Crystal Chronicle games.

FF Explorers looks interesting, but only because it has multiplayer so maybe my SO and I could play that when he's far away. Which is most of the time.

Fynn
11-21-2015, 06:04 AM
Well, there's Bravely Default, which really feels much more like FF than any of the XIIIs :p

So since we're talking about our activity, mine was weird, since I joined in 2006 as a high school kid and did post a bit but I've kind of flown, uh, under-the-radar for most of that time ;) I've resurfaced about four years ago, so think?

Anyway, hi :omghey:

Bubba
11-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Welcome back to the fold! :D