PDA

View Full Version : Smash Bros. - who is your main?

Fynn
11-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Talking about SSB4 here (3DS or WiiU - doesn't matter). Who do you like to play as the most?

Going into this game, I was really looking forward to playing as Shulk and intended to master him, but as I tried other characters, I was really surprised that Bowser turned out to be my favorite. In the previous games, I always went for the speedsters like Pikachu or Lucario, and Bowser was painfully slow in Brawl, but now his speed is adequate at the very least, and it's just so satisfying to butt-stomp people :p He feels very heavy but also very balanced when you control him, and every hit packs a punch. And while I regret we didn't get his hipster version as an alternate outfit, I'm glad there's a wide variety of colors, ranging from cotton candy pink hair to blue scales :D

maybee
11-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Don't own- but would totally play Toon ! Link, Princess Peach, Bowser and Cloud Strife. Might even would play Samus, Luigi and Sonic from time to time.

I think I would main Princess Peach tbh.
:peachdance:

Pumpkin
11-22-2015, 01:21 PM
KIRBY

Skyblade
11-22-2015, 02:54 PM
I actually try to shift up between most of my favorites when I play. But when I do stick to a single character, it's Robin. I love the idea of the moveset, and I love the character. Even though Robin is tricky enough to master that I definitely have characters I'm better with.

Characters I play regularly sorted by frequency of use:

Robin
Lucina
Sheik
Zelda
Lucas
Kirby
Lucario
Ike
Roy
Mewtwo
Zero Suit Samus
Ness
Link

Cloud Strife is PROBABLY going to wind up high on that list. But even if he doesn't make it due to being hard to use (like Shulk), Midgar is going to be one of my most played stages due to dat music.

Also, looking forward to the December announcement and seeing who else we get in. Among the Smash community, the newcomers considered most likely to win the ballot are the Inklings from Splatoon, Banjo and Kazooie from Banjo Kazooie, K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country, and Isaac from Golden Sun.

If Isaac gets in, Robin may just be replaced.

Ayen
11-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Samus is my go-to fighter in any Smash game.

Colonel Angus
11-23-2015, 07:50 AM
I don't have it, but I'd probably would use Pac-Man, Dr. Mario or Rosalina.

Del Murder
11-23-2015, 07:11 PM
I'm pretty decent as Toon Link and I've always been fond of Yoshi though he's not as unstoppable as he once was.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-23-2015, 08:32 PM
I haven't played Smash in years, but I always picked Ness.

I think I would play Fox McCloud if I had the chance.

Vermachtnis
11-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Peach is one of my favorites. And she has the best victory taunt, she has a sassy hand on hip pose and says, "Oh did I win?" It's awesome.
Palutena is my other go to. She's a pain in the ass to play, but very fun when you get the timing right and almost unhittable. I've only played the 3DS version, but timing her counter attack was weird. She yell "COUNTER" and then a couple of seconds later, the actual counter window was up. So fun watching Little Macs throw themselves at that over and over and over and over again. Is that still a thing, is like 85% of players still using him?

Scotty_ffgamer
11-23-2015, 09:57 PM
I used to be really good with Kirby, but I haven't played against other people in a long time. The couple of times I've played the new Smash Bros has just been trying out all of the characters, but I'd probably go back to Kirby in the end.

Sephiroth
11-23-2015, 10:34 PM
In the old Smashes I played Link and Mewtwo. And soon Cloud will join.

NorthernChaosGod
11-25-2015, 05:47 AM
Marth has been my main since Melee and I will stick with that guy until they either stop making Smash games or I stop playing them. :p I also picked up Ike in Brawl and keep him as a back up. In Smash 4 I've picked up Greninja and Megaman though because I liked the idea of them. I think I'm going to have to learn Cloud now too.

blackmage_nuke
11-25-2015, 12:00 PM
In the occasional party I attend where smash bros is played I will choose Yoshi

Zeldy
12-13-2015, 12:54 PM
I used to main Kirby, Fox and Pikachu on the older Smash Bros, introducing Pitt from the Wii titles. I became one with Kirby and decided to change it up after playing religiously as the little guy for years, and then realised how amazing Fox was and better as he was stronger. Pit was my main on the Wii. Pikachu is a fun guy to play as though, I just used to love doing the thunder and annoying my brother.

These days I play with Robin, but I'm curious to see what Cloud is like - but I can imagine EVERY one is going to be playing as him XD
also super excited to see Banjo and Kazooie mentioned?