PDA

View Full Version : Pick 'n' Mix

fat_moogle
11-29-2015, 06:35 PM
Apparently Americans don't know what Pick 'n' Mix is. I don't believe it for one second! Americans, don't let me down!

blackmage_nuke
11-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Im not from America but I don't know what it is either. Another keys in a bowl euphemism?

Googled it, we have it just in candy specific stores. Also we don't call it pick and mix, here it's just "a bag of candy for $x"

Ayen
11-29-2015, 07:26 PM
The American equivalent is called Penny Candy.

fat_moogle
11-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Im not from America but I don't know what it is either. Another keys in a bowl euphemism?
What do you take me for? xD

The American equivalent is called Penny Candy.
Because "Cent Candy" sounds awful, I presume xD

fire_of_avalon
12-04-2015, 03:17 AM
We have this. I think it's even called this in my grocery store. I don't get any because it costs so much more than a penny.

Freya
12-04-2015, 03:35 AM
I've never heard of it. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Mr. Carnelian
12-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Pick n' mix is an institution here in the UK, although I gather it's on the decline.

It's not just a bag of random candy. You get a small bag, you choose from a specific selection of candy, and it typically costs an absolute bomb. You pay by weight, if I remember rightly. It's been a while for me, so I might be wrong.

They're traditionally very popular in cinemas here. When I was small, I always used to nag my parents to let me have some when we went to see a film.

Crop
12-05-2015, 12:52 AM
Pick 'n' Mix is, and always has been, the most overrated 'treat' ever.

fat_moogle
12-05-2015, 01:38 AM
Pick n' mix is an institution here in the UK, although I gather it's on the decline.

It's not just a bag of random candy. You get a small bag, you choose from a specific selection of candy, and it typically costs an absolute bomb. You pay by weight, if I remember rightly. It's been a while for me, so I might be wrong.

They're traditionally very popular in cinemas here. When I was small, I always used to nag my parents to let me have some when we went to see a film.
I would never again pay the price that cinemas charge for pick n' mix! Extortionate. They charge by weight there, and you don't get much for your money's worth! I miss Woolworths :( best pick n' mix ever.