PDA

View Full Version : Underrated games (subjective)

LunarWeaver
12-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Sometimes a game comes along where where you recognize its flaws yet enjoy it regardless.

For me it's Silent Hill: Homecoming and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Neither refine the tone or purpose of its predecessors, yet I love them anyway. Many Tales of games fall under this too, as I forgive obvious flaws in light of positives.

Tell me some of yours and I may just buy them and add to the sequel possibility! :erm: Hidden agenda revealed!

Ayen
12-02-2015, 08:35 PM
Evil Zone. One of the few fighting games out there that show you can still have compelling characters and story and the genre is no excuse to go half ass on it. I want to say BattleTanx Global Assault, too, but I'm not sure if that's underrated or just obscure.

Fox
12-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Does it have to be subjective? What about the objective ones like Final Fantasy IX which has been scientifically proven to be underrated?

I'm gonna also jump in with Halo: Reach, which is to my mind the best Halo game.

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2015, 05:11 PM
I'm gonna also jump in with Halo: Reach, which is to my mind the best Halo game.

No. Just no.

While not a bad game.. no.

Underrated adventure game: DIG and Syberia

DIG came on the end of the point and click era, so people were moving forward. Think of releasing a game on the ps2 while the ps3 just came out.

Syberia was just awesome, but I never heard anyone mention it, ever. Had to get it from the review repository of an adventure game site.

Vyk
12-04-2015, 06:16 PM
I think last gen was a good one for underrated games. Enslaved was really good and recently got an HD updated version. To me it's the "Beyond Good and Evil" of the generation.

Also Lord of the Rings: War in the North was a criminally unknown swan song from the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance developer before they were absorbed and disbanded

Pumpkin
12-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Eternal Sonata

Fynn
12-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Silent Hill 4!

Ayen
12-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Does it have to be subjective? What about the objective ones like Final Fantasy IX which has been scientifically proven to be underrated?

I like subjective. It means I can list any game I want and no one can tell me I'm wrong BECAUSE IT'S SUBJECTIVE! :wacky:

Fynn
12-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Objectivity isn't real anyway

Ayen
12-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Objectivity isn't real anyway

Shh!

Don't let the FFXIII crowd hear you. :shifty:

Fynn
12-04-2015, 07:46 PM
FFXIII is the exception.

It's objectively bad XD