PDA

View Full Version : Which game are you more excited for?

Wolf Kanno
12-06-2015, 04:00 AM
No, I am not giving you a Both option. I'm sure you have a preference over the other so lay the cards on the table and explain why you are looking forward to one over the other.

Ayen
12-06-2015, 04:05 AM
Final Fantasy VII and it's not even close. Truth of the matter is, I was never that intrigued by Versus XIII/XV, and everything I've seen plus an embarrassingly long development time has put me off ever being excited for that game. VII on the other hand is a remake of a classic game I loved as a child, and so far Square is doing their best to stay true to the original while taking advantage of technology currently available to us.

Fynn
12-06-2015, 07:44 AM
FFXV. Not that I'm not excited for FFVII, but I know FFVII. I want to try something new, and the buildup for FFXV has been immense, with everything I've seen so far looking amazing.

Pike
12-06-2015, 10:26 AM
XV because it's entirely new and I still want to go on an FF road trip (road trip has me so hyped)

Fynn
12-06-2015, 10:35 AM
XV because it's entirely new and I still want to go on an FF road trip (road trip has me so hyped)

Yay, road trip!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByJc-vHIQAAR4PB.png:large

maybee
12-06-2015, 11:04 AM
Final Fantasy VII remake.

Shiva95
12-06-2015, 01:39 PM
FFXV because it's a totally new game. I am excited for FFVII remake, but I still know the game.

VeloZer0
12-06-2015, 04:37 PM
After seeing what they did with the compilation I am actually kind of dreading the FF7 remake...

Sephiroth
12-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Final Fantasy VII.

Colonel Angus
12-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Remake, because I want to see what they're doing w/ stuff.

Pike
12-07-2015, 12:07 AM
To clarify I'm still very hyped for FFVII but I'm ready to try a new FF at this point.

Ayen
12-07-2015, 12:12 AM
It's actually pretty cool how even the votes are so far. Everyone has a Final Fantasy game they're excited for. It's nice.

Mirage
12-07-2015, 12:48 AM
If Versus 13/FF15 had been announced a year ago, I would have been more hyped for that than I am about FF7. The hype train for FF15 has however run out of steam for me.

Pumpkin
12-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Honestly, neither very much, which makes me sad because I used to LOVE the series so much. But XV because it is a new game

Pete for President
12-10-2015, 06:04 PM
After seeing the new VII gameplay, aren't they basically the same game? :D

If i have to choose i pick XV because it's an entire new game but even then it should live in shame of itself for everything it has put it's early believers through!

Loony BoB
12-14-2015, 02:12 PM
VII remake, because the original VII is my favourite game of all time. So even if the VII one sucks, I'm still really looking forward to it, because, well, FFVII!

Still looking forward to XV as well. Just with an adult level of excitement instead of a kiddy level of excitement.

Wolf Kanno
12-14-2015, 06:06 PM
Honestly, neither very much, which makes me sad because I used to LOVE the series so much. But XV because it is a new game

Pretty much my thoughts. The original version of VII can barely hold my interest anymore since I know the plot goes to hell in a hand-basket halfway through. I doubt the remake is going to fix most of my major issues with this game so I'm going give this a pass.

XV would have interested me if it was an original work and not some Frankenstein creation made from the wreckage of Nomura's failed dreams that was Versus XIII. I want to give this game a fair shake though and at least it has the chance to really surprise me whereas I know what I'm getting out of the VII remake if the original and Compilation are anything to go by.

I'm just kind of bummed that I would be more interested to know what is going on with XVI at this point because SE's three biggest projects (KHIII as well of which Dream Drop Distance kind of killed my enthusiasm for) are all fan nonsense we've all been waiting for the last decade for. I'm kind of just waiting for SE to distance itself more from the failure of last generation before I can really get excited for anything by them. This is not exactly a mindset I'm happy to be in either. :(

Loony BoB
12-15-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm just kind of bummed that I would be more interested to know what is going on with XVI at this point
SE will read this and announce FFXVI five years earlier than they had intended to announce it, and five years before it is ready.

All because of WK. And two years after they announce it, WK will lose his enthusiasm for FFXVI and ask about FFXVII. He won't like FFXVII in the end, though, because it has VII in it.

Wolf Kanno
12-15-2015, 04:46 PM
I'm sure SE learned their lesson about announcing projects that are still in the abstract pre-production phase. Hell, I'm actually taking the announcement of the VII Remake as SE giving a vote of no confidence for FFXV at this point. The Remake stole what little thunder that game had. Doesn't help I feel most people share my feelings on XV having too much of a negative stigma attached to it by this point.

Fynn
12-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Glad I'm not most people :monster:

Seriously, though, I never took the wait personally and am simply excited to finally see it soon.

That said, I still think XVI has been in development for a long time now and it has Ito in it and they will announce it right after FFXV comes out, because they don't want to shoot themselves in the foot again. #ffconspiracies

Wolf Kanno
12-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Glad I'm not most people :monster:

Seriously, though, I never took the wait personally and am simply excited to finally see it soon.

It's not so much waiting for it, I just feel lots of gamers gave into the hype for it, especially after XIII turned out to be a divisive entry. The other issue here is the backlash the game has been getting once SE actually started giving out details. The all boy team, Stella being replaced with Lunafreya, the more action-RPG style battle system, the mixed feelings about the demo and so on. I feel Tabata is trying to salvage this game and I feel a little bad for him because he'll probably end up being the fall guy for every bad element of the game even if he didn't come up with it (like the all-male team which was obvious from back when it was still Versus XIII) when the reality is he kind of got saddled with fixing this game after SE sat on the IP for so long and needed Nomura to finish KH3 asap.

The game is kind of the last entry associated with SE's troubling years as a developer.