PDA

View Full Version : Worst villain of all the ff games.

Galuf
12-08-2015, 12:59 PM
Including spin offs. A fun wee thing this aye. I was gonna make a poll but theres too many ff villains. Annnd i never wanted to make a fool o myself.

My worst villain. Well to be fair on ff1-3 ill leave them out. Especially 3. But even then i cant say i liked zeemus much. Mostly because he was largely unseen. But ill be nice and call golbez the villain.

I personally hate exdeath for killing the best ff character. Galuf. Howevvver. He is a tree and is pretty strong. However his big ego lets him get eaten by the void and mangled to kittens.

Kefka is funny jolly old guy aint he. Wouldnt you destroy the world if you were as gleeful as him? He is insane and i love him. So yes. Hes not the worst.

Sefieroph. Nah im joke. Sephiroth. Well he would be a canditate for my least favourite. But he looks cool. And he is kinda strong. Considering he was a soldier SOLDIER. Yeah. Sephiroth. A guy. With a sword. Stab.

Hmmm. Ultimecia. Ulttttimmmecia. I like her name. Time compression sounds cool. And possessing sorceresses over different times. Thats pretty damn awesome. Just upgrade that power to possesing anyone and she would be unstopable.

Kuja kitten. A bit like kefka here. He is kinda cool. Looks like a girl. But the fact he doesnt hurt the heroes till towards the end is cool. And he is as selfish as a hungry cat. Meow. Too bad necron the random has to appear un invited. Sorry but invitations only!

Im gonna class Maester seymour here. Maester seymour is a master. But not to me! Dont see him helping me irl any time!. Aaaanyway. I like insane characters they are funny. But he does show up un invited and. As much as i dont like kimahri. Its sad he assaulted the ronso tribe. Then you kill him. Booom. Dead.

Ffxi is a game currently unplayed by Galuf.

While we are here im just gonna say i dont remember ring of fates enough for this topic. Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

Ffxii. Vayne solidor. Vayne solidor. Ugh. As much as i loved ffxii vayne was kind of. Well i barely understood him. However. Venat. He is interesting. While he is seen as a villain. His goals are good. To break the occuria's grasp over everyones fate. Basicly to make ivalice free. I like venat. He is a g-g-g-g-g-ghoooooooost *galuf runs away*

Barthandelus estheim. Wait what.... Barthandelus. Fun fact. I had a cat named barthandelus. Now. Barthandelus has the 2nd coolest ff villain name imo. Feolthanos from ff12 revenant wings is numba 1. Well. He is cool. He looks funny. But his villainous overcoat is diminished when. He wants you to kill him. Yeah. So kinda dumb.

Caius ballad. Im gonna cut this short a bit. And to just say i have literally just realized that caius is the same as barthandelus. He wants noel to kill him. And he succeeds. Dun dun duuuuuuuun meow ghdi

Bhunivelze. Oops forget what i said about feolthanos, this is the coolest name. He is the god of chess. Oh yeah i still need to play chess with LN. Nvm that. Well. Honestly i dunno much about him. Other than he wants to creat a new world and lightning doesnt want a god so goes and kills him. Boom.
On that note. Im going to say. Barthandelus, vayne and bhunivelze are my least favourite. Yes. I think this is the longest thing ive ever done. Thanks bye. Also ive put a post icon. What is it supposed to be? A carrot? Idk.

Fynn
12-08-2015, 01:09 PM
That's a Moomba, G ;)

Barthandelus is hands-down the worst villain in the main series, and maybe even counting the side games, but I'm not sure if I think he or Genesis is worse. Barthandelus has zero charisma and a terrible motivation, and really was only there to give the characters an excuse to do stuff. He's really even worse than the original three. He lacks the complexity off Xande and the character and style of Garland and Emperor Mateus. Not to mention he's completely incompetent. What the hell was changing into Serah supposed to accomplish?

On the other hand, Genesis had a huge presence in his game, and overwhelmingly so. He's like literally the most annoying kind of Mary Sue, being there all along, during all the most important scenes of FFVII, being similar to Sephiroth but, oh, actyually, he's much stronger than Sephiroth. And then there's the whole troutsmurf about Loveless being some sappy emo teen poetry instead of the play Cid described in the original.

God those villains were terrible.

... Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure Venat is a woman.

Galuf
12-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Thanks fynn. Now i know and knowing is 63% of the battle.

Also yeah i forgot venat is woman. But its hqrd to tell when she is a g-g-g-... No not that again. When shes a ghost

Loony BoB
12-08-2015, 02:30 PM
I had no real feeling towards Barthandelus as a villain and that for me made him one of the worst. But the worst for me was probably Seymour. Because of his voice. It was beyond annoying.

Ayen
12-08-2015, 03:45 PM
I don't really have a worst. I rank Kuja pretty low out of all the ones I've played, but I wouldn't call him the worst.

Pumpkin
12-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Seymour :stare:

Fynn
12-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Seymour :stare:

Yeah, him too.

But was he worse than Barty?

Pumpkin
12-09-2015, 02:47 PM
He was to me. I don't know about objectively

I need to not have to kill people like 4 times. Just a personal thing I have. Like once, maybe twice. But 4 times? No. Just die already. Luckily most of my victims only take once

maybee
12-09-2015, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't call Seymour the worst ? His backstory is pretty fascinating ? I mean his awful childhood about his Mum and him were banished and locked away from the rest of the world and then he lost the only person who loved him as she wanted to protect Seymour by giving him some power and giving up herself to become Anima. Then the whole thing about her Mum forcing a SEVEN YEAR OLD to go Zanakand and defeat Sin. It's interesting on how he become such a fucked up sociopath, and why he has the hots for Yuna- because she looks like his mum.

Yes I did just stand up for Seymour Butts. Seymour is a interesting villian.

Barty is the worst, there's just nothing about him.

Rin Heartilly
12-09-2015, 04:43 PM
I want to say Barty but I literally can't remember a thing about him....maybe that's why he's the worst xD

CimminyCricket
12-09-2015, 05:05 PM
I'm the worst. I try to avoid saving the world every chance that I get, but no matter how long I wait Meteor never hits and Sin never destroys any more of Spira.

Ayen
12-09-2015, 06:22 PM
He was to me. I don't know about objectively

I need to not have to kill people like 4 times. Just a personal thing I have. Like once, maybe twice. But 4 times? No. Just die already. Luckily most of my victims only take once

Seymour was just like, "I'm back!"
Tidus: Oh, you gotta be kidding me!
Seymour: You can't kill for trout.
Tidus: What'd you say? THAT'S IT TIME TO END THIS! AHHHHHHHH! -charges-
Seymour: Hair whip!
Tidus: What?
Seymour: -bitch slap Tidus with his hair-
Tidus: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! -KO!-
Group: ...

Karifean
12-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Barthandelus I guess. He was never actually compelling.

I thought about ExDeath but then I remembered he transforms himself into a splinter at one point which made me laugh pretty hard.

Fynn
12-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Yeah, Exdeath was at least pretty funny. FFV was quite self-aware.

Laddy
12-10-2015, 12:48 AM
Genesis is the worst because he's lazy and over-written. Crisis Core literally makes Final Fantasy VII a rectroactively worse game by watering down the characters and adding useless shit.

Formalhaut
12-10-2015, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't call Seymour the worst ? His backstory is pretty fascinating ? I mean his awful childhood about his Mum and him were banished and locked away from the rest of the world and then he lost the only person who loved him as she wanted to protect Seymour by giving him some power and giving up herself to become Anima. Then the whole thing about her Mum forcing a SEVEN YEAR OLD to go Zanakand and defeat Sin. It's interesting on how he become such a smurfed up sociopath, and why he has the hots for Yuna- because she looks like his mum.

Yes I did just stand up for Seymour Butts. Seymour is a interesting villian.

Barty is the worst, there's just nothing about him.

I find Seymour: The Backstory more compelling than Seymour: The Character, if I have to be honest. I found the Baaj Temple bit fairly interesting, I wish they expanded more on it.

blackmage_nuke
12-10-2015, 03:41 AM
Necron, he just comes out of nowhere

NeoCracker
12-10-2015, 05:11 AM
Necron, he just comes out of nowhere

I disagree with him being the worst, because it was at least Themeatically sound. I do take issue with him, but I think he's far from the worst, not with Seymour existing.

Wolf Kanno
12-10-2015, 05:13 AM
For mainline games, Barthandelus is easily the worst as he's not interesting and doesn't even really do anything until two-thirds into the plot. He just feels like "designated villain no. 130457" than something important to the plot. Seymour is my second choice for pretty much the reason Formahault mentioned.

In the EU of the franchise, Genesis or Illua. Laddy pretty much summed up my feelings about Genesis, and Illua is pretty much like Barty from XIII, largely feeling like she's in the plot because the game was contractually obligated to have a major villain despite feeling completely disconnected to the plot. She may even be worse than Barty since Barty at least has a goal and plan (though stupid at best) Illua doesn't even have that.

Midgar Mist
12-10-2015, 06:06 AM
From your posts i see that worst doesnt mean most evil, but i shall include both meanings. The worst villain in terms of poor characterisation/gameplay has to be Zemus ("or should i say zeromus" which is quite an annoying line in itself). The guy doesnt even attack you he justs floats there forever until the orb is used on him, then he becomes impossibly hard. As for most evil, id say its hard to choose between kefka and sephiroth.

Shiva95
12-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Necron, because he appeared only at the end when we know almost nothing about him.

Midgar Mist
12-10-2015, 09:28 PM
I see necron as more of a clever plot device, an unexpected surprise

Formalhaut
12-10-2015, 09:41 PM
I see necron as more of a clever plot device, an unexpected surprise

Hmm, I'd have to disagree. I mean, let's look at FFX quickly.

You have the personal villain: Seymour. I mean, yes, he isn't that great a villain and he's annoying as hell, but his function is to be the personal point of contention for Tidus and Yuna, primarily. Given how often Tidus goes "SEEEEEYMOURRRRRR!!!!" like, every encounter, he does it well.

You then have the impersonal villain: Yu Yevon. We'll ignore the inherent weirdness exhibited by that strange-as insect like state. But the main point is that he is considered an impersonal villain: he has no connection to any of the cast. He appears at the end, as ultimately the guy behind everything.

Now while you could say that Yu Yevon is like Necron, just appearing at the end to ruin your day, he's different in that he embodies the main villain of FFX: Yevon. Yu Yevon's existence is hinted at several points of the journey, and given how evil Yevon has been, it isn't a surprise that you'll be fighting Yu Yevon. The point is, Yu Yevon is clearly visible in the shadows.

Necron just pops up out of nowhere with little explanation. I'd consider that poor story-telling, to be honest, as opposed to being a clever plot device.

Fynn
12-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Necron embodies the concept of Death and is meant to serve as a final representation of the cast's struggles to live, as coping with life and death is the main theme of FFIX. So Necron works very well thematically, unlike Seymour who could be cut from the story and nothing would change.

Formalhaut
12-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Necron embodies the concept of Death and is meant to serve as a final representation of the cast's struggles to live, as coping with life and death is the main theme of FFIX. So Necron works very well thematically, unlike Seymour who could be cut from the story and nothing would change.

I guess. I'm less annoyed with Necron's presence as I am by the way in which he was introduced. I love the symbolism invoked by it, less so with the execution.

Fynn
12-12-2015, 05:53 AM
That's kind of the thing about death, though - you never see it coming :p