PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting into FFXIV? Not sure there are enough people you know from EoFF?

Loony BoB
12-08-2015, 02:45 PM
I sometimes wonder how many people are aware of how many EoFFers actively play FFXIV. So here's a list of EoFFers that have actively played FFXIV on the Sargatanas server in the past 120 days (most of them within the past day or two, even - but I can't check that from work). There are probably more, these are just the ones I know about. Names with more than 100 posts at EoFF are in bold.

*DEVORE*
Aulayna
Aydin
Bierhumpen_Kukki
Citizen Bleys
Darahan
Dat Matt
Defenestration
Doomgaze
Elenyak
Elpizo
Endless
Eysaxe
Freya
I Don't Need A Name
Jessweeee♪
Kelarik
Krusty Welkin
Lenessia
Lone Wolf Leonhart
Loony BoB
Lumos
Madonna
Melissa Yuri
mini ninja
Nicolas
Night Fury
Nikki
nirojan
noxious.sunshine
o_O
oddler
Ouch!
Raine
Ravan
Rocket Edge
Rostum
ScottNUMBERS
Seigyoku
Shauna
Skillet
smittenkitten
Steelyangel
Tarantio
Tasura
The Summoner of Leviathan
ThePhoenix
Tomu
Valerna
Vanicent
Vermachtnis
Vin Weasel
WarZidane
Xabie
Xeyler
Yosefu Deibisu

So come join the fun on Sargatanas :D

Fynn
12-08-2015, 03:00 PM
I will be joining together with my wife, just not sure when. Might be sooner if we end up getting ARR for Xmas.

Shauna
12-08-2015, 04:00 PM
I now realise I literally have no idea who anyone in game is. Except from the obvious.

Fynn
12-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Oh yeah, you should post their character names too then XD

Freya
12-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Yeah I tried to go back and forth with the list on the fb group but tabbing in and out and looking at the who's online was hard. I named myself freya in the game to make it easier for people haha.

Pumpkin
12-08-2015, 04:33 PM
I used to be on that list ;______________________________________;

Fynn
12-08-2015, 04:34 PM
But you'll be getting back when we join, won't you XD

I'll try to name myself Fynn, we'll see how that goes.

Pumpkin
12-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Nah, cant afford right now :(

Loony BoB
12-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Well, this list is mostly for people wondering if enough EoFFers play to keep them company, not for advising them of all the character names.

That's what this is for: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rQ3FQ27lR3XuRGHOJ-a4JMNh9vg6dhXkIY97JLySAF4/edit?usp=sharing

Those not in the FC...

Raine - Raine Zenyphael
Aulayna - Mayrissa Fablestay
Rostum - Shah Rostum
Ouch! - Swyggap;siotyha;wgha;iosdhg;ijsdgh asghd;

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Yeah I tried to go back and forth with the list on the fb group but tabbing in and out and looking at the who's online was hard. I named myself freya in the game to make it easier for people haha.
I barely know who everyone is either. With the exception of a handful of people I have to reference BoB's spreadsheet. :/ Especially to our game names to FB names.

Formalhaut
12-10-2015, 06:16 PM
When I finish University, get a steady job and enough money to purchase a desktop computer, I'll probably consider getting FFXIV. :p

Freya
12-10-2015, 10:33 PM
You can play it on PS3 or PS4 if you have one of those!

Formalhaut
12-10-2015, 10:38 PM

It wouldn't be the same, and with the majority of people playing on the PC version, I'd probably be like a mill stone around everyone's necks. I can't say I know much about MMOs, but I know key bindings, effective UI and quick responses are part of it.

That, and voice functions. Though I do have a mic headset, I think.

Freya
12-10-2015, 10:43 PM
I think you can use a usb keyboard with them if you want. Not pushing or anything xD Just an option!

Shauna
12-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Plenty of our members use their PS4 to play, so it is completely doable.

And re: voice chat functionality: both will require a third party program so there's no difference between sitting on your PC with teamspeak or on your PS4 with a laptop/tablet/phone with team speak.

Ayen
12-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Yeah, the keyboard works with the PS3. I tested it out while installing my copy of the game.

I'm still sitting on my free trial since I plan to get to it at some point when I'm feeling daring enough to review a MMO.

Formalhaut
12-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Basically, I'm stalling because A) Time and B) Money.

I'll pop into the FFXIV sub-forum again after University, and see if that situation has changed :p

KentaRawr!
12-10-2015, 11:36 PM
A reminder that I need to get into this game at some point! :3 I hope you all are still there when I finally get my life together! :D

Loony BoB
12-11-2015, 11:48 AM
The FC is growing at a pretty notable rate right now, so I'm sure there will still be a bunch of people around so long as you don't wait too long.

Freya
12-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Is there a limit on how many can be in the FC?

escobert
12-12-2015, 09:53 PM
I really should get this game some time...

Loony BoB
12-12-2015, 11:02 PM
Is there a limit on how many can be in the FC?

512 members. :) We're safe from that number for a while yet!

theundeadhero
12-14-2015, 05:52 AM
As it really been over 120 days? I better sign in soon for my three free days in December.

Pike
12-14-2015, 06:57 AM
I signed in to use my free four days and ended up only playing for two of them whoopsie

Rocket Edge
12-16-2015, 02:33 PM

It wouldn't be the same, and with the majority of people playing on the PC version, I'd probably be like a mill stone around everyone's necks. I can't say I know much about MMOs, but I know key bindings, effective UI and quick responses are part of it.

That, and voice functions. Though I do have a mic headset, I think.

Yeah to echo Shauna - I play on PS4 and am currently doing all end-game raids/trials fine with it. I play with the PS4 controller and type with the a USB keyboard.

Fynn
12-16-2015, 02:59 PM
I was actually thinking of playing this on the PC with the Xbox 360 controller for Windows. I just prefer to play with a controller. But I heard some classes work better with the keyboard, while others are better with controllers, so I'm wondering if a paladin will do fine on a controller.

Shauna
12-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Pally has a basic 1-2-3 combo for 90% of the game, so it will be fine on controller. x}

Formalhaut
12-16-2015, 04:50 PM
I am getting a PS4 for my birthday...

Fine! I'll definitely consider it at the end of University. :D

Fynn
12-16-2015, 04:54 PM

How many years do you have left?

No, you're joining this summer. Along with Ania and me. And you're bringing Mr. Carny in too. And that's final :colbert:

Formalhaut
12-16-2015, 05:14 PM

How many years do you have left?

No, you're joining this summer. Along with Ania and me. And you're bringing Mr. Carny in too. And that's final :colbert:

I am in my final year. :ohdear:

January 11th will be the start of my final semester. :shobon:

theundeadhero
12-16-2015, 05:56 PM
I used to end game on a pally with a controller and it worked out well, but that was pre-Heavansward. I'm not sure how much has changed since then but it's probably still fine :p

Rocket Edge
12-16-2015, 11:57 PM
Nothing much really tbh. You still use your 1-2-3 combo for building up hate, but there's now a dot combo you can use and a huge damage combo-ender instead of Rage of Halone. There's also some others added as 5 new abilities were given to each class from L50-60.

Controller is completely doable in any class. I played with White Mage (healer), Monk (DPS), and other tank classes like Warrior & Dark Knight. Haven't encountered any problems yet. If anything, healing can be an issue on controllers with the toggling you'll have to do by pressing R1 & L1 for all their party targeting commands.

I haven't played on PC so can't use anything as reference but moving around has to be a pro on pad as it is effortless.

escobert
12-21-2015, 05:24 PM
How is the Ninja? DPS?

I see the base game is $19.99 on steam so, I may have to pick it up :p

Loony BoB
12-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Ninja is a very competent DPS in my experience. High damage, low defence, an ability to restore TP to a member of your party (so a bit of support you might want to keep on top of where possible, as it's extremely useful).

Get in there Bert!

escobert
12-23-2015, 05:30 AM
just got it on Humble Bundle. :D

Loony BoB
12-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I'm going to be buying the Humble Bundle as well. I guess this means I get to dual box FFXIV for 30 days if I want...

escobert
12-23-2015, 05:01 PM
Not sure what class I'll go with until I get the expansion. What else is there for DPS in the base game?

theundeadhero
12-23-2015, 06:48 PM
Remember the times TonberryLarry and Bert would head out on adventures and die to goblins trying to gain exp in FFXI :p
Now we can die to ladybugs together.

Loony BoB
12-23-2015, 11:30 PM
Not sure what class I'll go with until I get the expansion. What else is there for DPS in the base game?
The starter DPS classes are...

Arcanist -> Summoner
Lancer -> Dragoon
Thaumaturge -> Black Mage
Archer -> Bard
Pugilist -> Monk

And at L10 you can switch to...

Rogue -> Ninja

escobert
12-24-2015, 12:01 AM
Cool. I'm rolling Archer right now. I'll see how I like this, I mainly played support roles in Guild Wars so it's probably best for me to start there.