PDA

View Full Version : Do you make New Years Resolutions?

Pike
12-22-2015, 05:00 PM
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I'm actually usually pretty good at keeping them.

Pumpkin
12-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Not really? I generally make resolutions throughout the year and stick with them. If I'm not in the mentality on New Years then there's not much point for me. Sometimes the resolutions do line up around the new year though

Freya
12-22-2015, 05:58 PM
Yes! I try to make more fun ones. Last year it was to watch every star trek episode ever. I didn't make it. I'm in TNG though? This year I think i'm going to try to play through the FF series again. All the main ones.

Like Pumpkin said though, I try to make goals throughout the year too. That seems to help me keep some structure in my life.

fat_moogle
12-22-2015, 06:10 PM
Not really, but I'd like 2016 to be different. To be honest lately I feel that I've been drifting away from my closest friends. Is it stupid to make a resolution to try and see people more often? It's not that I don't want to but when you're working full time it's difficult sometimes.

I'd also like to make a resolution to eat healthier and get more active. I was thinking of joining the gym in September. It didn't happen.

escobert
12-22-2015, 06:15 PM
nah.

Zanmato
12-22-2015, 06:20 PM
Nope... I'm the "Carpe Diem" guy, but I have a few plans that I intend to realize ASAP. :P

Del Murder
12-22-2015, 07:40 PM
New Years' resolutions are for chumps. Setting goals is important, but setting them for an entire year (a) often makes them too ambitious and (b) gives you way too much time to slack off or forget about them. Instead, you should set goals for the end of this year. That puts the pressure on and makes them manageable. If a week and change is not enough time for you, you can make them January resolutions but no later than that.

At the start of December I resolved to cross something off my always growing to-do list every day and I was doing well on that pace until I got sick. :( However, my ultimate goal by the end of the year was to get it down to 5 items or less and I'm still capable of that.

Mirage
12-22-2015, 08:53 PM
No. I think they're dumb :colbert:

I'm not gonna hate on people that just make funny and silly resolutions on purpose, but making resolutions that are meant to be life-changing? You can make them any day of the year, you don't have to wait until new years to start fixing your shit.

Bubba
12-22-2015, 11:01 PM
I didn't make any last year and it seemed to work as I got a lot of my life in order through a s**tload of adversity. I'm gonna employ a similar tactic from now on.

Ayen
12-23-2015, 09:22 AM
No. I think they're dumb :colbert:

I'm not gonna hate on people that just make funny and silly resolutions on purpose, but making resolutions that are meant to be life-changing? You can make them any day of the year, you don't have to wait until new years to start fixing your trout.

The bolded are my thoughts on the matter, which is why I only ever make silly Resolutions anymore.