PDA

View Full Version : Foraging

fire_of_avalon
12-11-2015, 02:47 AM
So kind of related to my wild game thread, have you ever foraged for foods? Like wild nuts, berries, vegetables etc?

I would really love to learn to forage. My grandparents were mountain folk and knew a lot about edible plants but they passed way before I was old enough to ask questions.

The only modern foragers I know just hunt mushrooms and ginseng.

I do eat wild strawberries and blackberries and honeysuckle that I find though! And I tried raw dandelion greens once but they were so bitter.

Tell me, do you have foraging experience? Would you like to learn with me or teach me?

Mirage
12-11-2015, 03:11 AM
Used to pick a lot of blueberries with my mother when i was young, but that's about it.

Ayen
12-11-2015, 03:34 AM
No. I'm not much of an outdoors man.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-11-2015, 10:13 PM
I used to go pick my own mint for mint tea, and I've picked nuts, berries, and mushrooms.

We did stuff like that in the Scouts, but I've probably forgotten most of it.

blackmage_nuke
12-12-2015, 06:13 AM
There was a mulberry tree at my university I ate from once and a lemon tree in my parents backyard but thats about it

Freya
12-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Oh man, no. I don't know jack about wild flora. I'll die if I'm stuck out in the wild. Death.

Chris
12-30-2015, 09:17 AM
I'm a big nut collector.

Night Fury
12-30-2015, 02:21 PM
I used to walk my dog along the cycle path and forage the berries from along there and bring them home and make crumble

Mr. Carnelian
12-31-2015, 12:35 AM
I used to pick elderflowers in the summer, back when I lived out in the countryside. I'd make elderflower cordial from it. The first time I did it, I didn't know to sieve out the dead bugs. So, I ended up drinking a LOT of dead bugs. Didn't make that mistake again.

CactuarKing
01-04-2016, 10:52 AM
No. I'm not much of an outdoors man.

Me neither

Oh man, no. I don't know jack about wild flora. I'll die if I'm stuck out in the wild. Death.

Yes, this!!