PDA

View Full Version : The FFVII Remake was announced too early.

fat_moogle
12-11-2015, 02:56 AM
Square Enix sent shockwaves across the globe when they announced the long awaited remake of the much beloved Final Fantasy VII during Sony's E3 2015 show. On top of that we've just had that amazing gameplay reveal at PlayStation Experience and my god, it looks good!

However, it was announced too early, and I feel that Square Enix should have gotten FFXV out the door before dropping the Mako Bomb. I mean, the game was announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII in 2006, so technically only 9 years after FFVII's original release on the PlayStation. 9 years later and we're still waiting for the game that was announced 9 years ago, and now the remake of the game that was only released 9 years before that has come and stolen it's Bolt 1.

Poor FFXV :(

Formalhaut
12-11-2015, 03:06 AM
Square Enix sent shockwaves across the globe when they announced the long awaited remake of the much beloved Final Fantasy VII during Sony's E3 2015 show. On top of that we've just had that amazing gameplay reveal at PlayStation Experience and my god, it looks good!

However, it was announced too early, and I feel that Square Enix should have gotten FFXV out the door before dropping the Mako Bomb. I mean, the game was announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII in 2006, so technically only 9 years after FFVII's original release on the PlayStation. 9 years later and we're still waiting for the game that was announced 9 years ago, and now the remake of the game that was only released 9 years before that has come and stolen it's Bolt 1.

Poor FFXV :(

I think the longevity of the FFXV cycle is precisely why they chose to 'tide fans over' with the prospect of FFVII. Public faith in Square Enix waned somewhat, what better pick-me-up than the announcement of a FFVII remake, literally the things many FF fans dreamed about for years.

Ayen
12-11-2015, 03:47 AM
It'll be too early if we're still waiting for the game nine years from now.

Spawn of Sephiroth
12-11-2015, 06:30 AM
It would be nice if they had part one ready in March when they announced the release date for 15 they also release part 1. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later

Pumpkin
12-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Yeah I feel like this is the ideal time because of all of the XV hooplah. They're covering their butts, I think

Could just be me though :shrug:

Fynn
12-11-2015, 07:18 AM
People who were excited for FFXV before the announcement are still excited.

People who weren't at least have something to be excited for now.

Seriously, it's not that big a deal, and it's even positive if anything. This thread reminds me how people complained about the announcement of FFXIII stole XII's thunder. Once XV comes out people will be talking all about it and VII will be briefly forgotten about until the next batch of news comes up :monster:

Sephiroth
12-11-2015, 07:20 AM
No, not at all.

And yes, it would be a cool idea to combine the FFXV release with the remake somehow and include some download code for whatever. Maybe a demo. And also the last few days I thought they should do the same thing for the remake and make an ATR.

And VII will be briefly forgotten? Not as long as I live.

Psychotic
12-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Square-Enix gets off on announcing games. Releasing games? Not so much. A reminder that they announced FFX before FFIX had even been released.

Fynn
12-11-2015, 08:45 AM
Yeah, IX, X and XI were all announced simultaneously.

Sephex
12-11-2015, 09:21 AM
They've gotten better. I remember when they used to announce the fact that they were announcing the announcement concerning a project, but the announcement isn't the actual announcement, it's an announcement concerning an announcement towards the future, when the actual announcement will take place.

Year.

Development.

Time.

Loony BoB
12-11-2015, 12:29 PM
They have to announce it before FFXV is released so they can include the FFVII Remake Demo with FFXV pre-orders and/or day-one-purchases.

maybee
12-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Yeah I feel like this is the ideal time because of all of the XV hooplah. They're covering their butts, I think

Could just be me though :shrug:

Yeah this sounds just about right, while everybody is hyping over the remake, they can secretly have enough time to carry on with FF XV.

Depression Moon
12-11-2015, 03:45 PM
I would've thought so if we haven't just got a gameplay trailer about a week ago.

fat_moogle
12-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Yeah, IX, X and XI were all announced simultaneously.
I didn't realise this (I hadn't been introduced to Internet in 2000 xD).

They have to announce it before FFXV is released so they can include the FFVII Remake Demo with FFXV pre-orders and/or day-one-purchases.
True I guess. It just seems a shame as it makes it look like Square Enix have lost faith in FFXV and are relying on FFVII Remake to push the game. That is assuming there will be a demo alongside FFXV, as you say.

Ayen
12-11-2015, 08:46 PM
They should just be an announcer for a sporting event or something. Sounds like they'd fit right in.

Chibi Youkai
12-12-2015, 12:01 AM
They'll probably put in the demo as part of the XV special limited edition that will inevitably be released. They seem way too fond of those these days. And then they'll release an email about how many of them are remaining for every thousand sold.