PDA

View Full Version : Hello EoFF! remember me? :joey:

Zeldy
12-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Hello!

I'm not technically new, but I cannot remember the last time I popped back on here, Its been a good few years!

It's rather amusing that my listed occupation on here is Blockbuster girl (RIP Blockbuster) so it just goes to show how long its been, as they closed down about 3 years ago! At the moment I'm on a career gap (ie, got made redundant from my dream graduate sales job) so now im feeling a bit sorry for myself and learning to code instead, screw sales!

So how is everybody and what have I missed??

I am a grown up now with a cat. :cat:

fat_moogle
12-11-2015, 11:24 PM
Welcome back! I only joined last year so I don't know you, but it's nice to meet you ^^

Sorry to hear about your job. I hope all goes well for you with the coding!

Shauna
12-11-2015, 11:26 PM
I am a grown up now

aye sure thing

Zeldy
12-11-2015, 11:27 PM
I am a grown up now

aye sure thing

not in height or intelligence.

Shauna
12-11-2015, 11:27 PM
As an aside, unemployment and feeling sorry for yourself is a good draw back to EoFF. It's definitely what brought me back after my stint of inactivity.

Ayen
12-11-2015, 11:28 PM
RIP Blockbuster <3

I do not remember you, but you were before my time. Welcome back.

Zeldy
12-11-2015, 11:33 PM
As an aside, unemployment and feeling sorry for yourself is a good draw back to EoFF. It's definitely what brought me back after my stint of inactivity.

I've just obtained a laptop too so that helps! and the new FF7 on PS4 has me excited... FF7 still gets me every time.

RIP Blockbuster <3

I do not remember you, but you were before my time. Welcome back.

RIP Blockbuster indeed. I lived and breathed that store in my time! Our store in the UK fought the closure (even though we were tiny) and managed to pull back into a safe green store from being amber, but ultimately they all went down in the end. Very sad indeed :(

Ayen
12-11-2015, 11:36 PM
I used to go there all the time for video games and movies when I was a kid. Still visited occasionally back when our local Blockbuster was still open. I got my Pokemon Snap stickers from the pictures I took there, and was recorded in an X-Men interview in front of the sign they had over there where they asked me who my favorite X-Men were. Good times.

It is now unfortunately a dentist office.

Shauna
12-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Anyway, glad to see you back. It has been too long, friend.

Hope you stick around.

:jokey:

tbh you haven't missed anything

Aerith's Knight
12-11-2015, 11:49 PM
If I don't want to remember you, but do, vividly, does that count?

Formalhaut
12-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Hey, I remember you! Welcome back. You've come just in time for the Ciddies bonanza. :D

Pike
12-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Haaaaaaay! :omghey:

Mirage
12-12-2015, 12:28 AM
how's my favourite finnish tampon?

Zeldy
12-12-2015, 12:33 AM

XD did I call myself tamponetta or something I forget.

Missed you Mirage!

Thanks for all your comments, can't believe people remember me! :excited: I look forward to getting to know you all.

Pumpkin
12-12-2015, 12:48 AM
Welcome back! Ciddies are tomorrow if you want to come have fun times with us!

Mirage
12-12-2015, 12:56 AM

XD did I call myself tamponetta or something I forget.

Missed you Mirage!

Thanks for all your comments, can't believe people remember me! :excited: I look forward to getting to know you all.

Who could forget someone who calls themselves a tampon online?

fire_of_avalon
12-12-2015, 03:26 AM
No.

(Yes.)

escobert
12-12-2015, 04:23 AM
Welcome back Zeldy!

theundeadhero
12-12-2015, 04:28 AM
I remember lots of pictures of you going to clubs :p

Big D
12-12-2015, 04:38 AM
Welcome back! Sometimes I check the profiles I set up on forums many years ago, and I'm similarly startled at what was relevant and current in my life all that time ago.

Losing a dream job is a huge pain - but hopefully that job gave you all sorts of knowledge and skills that you can channel into your next one.

Zeldy
12-12-2015, 05:24 AM
No.

(Yes.)

Hi Foa :jess:

Welcome back Zeldy!

Thanks bert!

I remember lots of pictures of you going to clubs :p

That sounds about right! I don't even go out any more :O

Welcome back! Sometimes I check the profiles I set up on forums many years ago, and I'm similarly startled at what was relevant and current in my life all that time ago.

Losing a dream job is a huge pain - but hopefully that job gave you all sorts of knowledge and skills that you can channel into your next one.

That job was my golden ticket and I even knew it was, I knew how lucky I was! I have amazing experience but I'm dead set on getting far far away from sales now and into tech (it was an IT company) as I took to it all so well and found it so interesting. Onwards and upwards :) thanks for your comments.

Rin Heartilly
12-12-2015, 06:02 AM
I don't know you but welcome back all the same \(^□^)/ also if it makes you feel better we still have blockbuster in Aus, hardly as many as before but there is a huge thriving one near where I live :D

NeoCracker
12-12-2015, 07:16 AM
I remember you mostly for a lot of piercings, and drinking. Like, a lot. Such a party girl you were!

Bubba
12-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Welcome back fellow Northerner! Great to see you posting again :D

I am a grown up now with a cat. :cat:

Well since you've been gone, I have gotten engaged to a fellow EOFFer, bought a house together and we now have a four-month old son.

I have out grown-upped you :D

Loony BoB
12-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Welcome back! You were missed.

Freya
12-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Welcome back zeldy! I think i've changed my name since you've been gone. I used to be lekana. I'm so excited you're back though! YAY!

Zeldy
12-12-2015, 03:33 PM
I REMEMBER YOU. you had super curly hair in cute wrinklets! no??

Freya
12-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Yup! Still curly!

How's life been besides being jobless? did you feel the empty void of no EoFF?

Zeldy
12-12-2015, 03:43 PM
I live in the rainy city of the UK, I moved here for the job I lost, so that kinda blows. Its raining now, it rains every day!

Very much so, but its the perfect time for me to come back, Ive just gotten a new laptop and im learning to code, so i'm back online! :)

How are you Lekana? ;)

Freya
12-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Been writing for EoFF for almost 4 years now! Just hit 200 articles! :eek:

I've got a house and four furbabies! Buuuuuuuut i'm in oklahoma so it's win lose situation here. I'm glad you're back and I hope you post lots more! EoFF will always be here for you when you want to come visit :kaoclove:

Zeldy
12-12-2015, 04:08 PM

I've got a house and four furbabies! Buuuuuuuut i'm in oklahoma so it's win lose situation here. I'm glad you're back and I hope you post lots more! EoFF will always be here for you when you want to come visit :kaoclove:

That's great, i'll give them a view later! it's great seeing so many familiar and friendly faces and its boss that you're all doing so well too! even Shauna's managed to get herself all fancy and promoted now!! whats going on!

Whats up with Oklahoma? (completely clueless XD) and furbabies pics! pics! here's my little baby.

Cobi :)

Freya
12-12-2015, 07:54 PM

That's great, i'll give them a view later! it's great seeing so many familiar and friendly faces and its boss that you're all doing so well too! even Shauna's managed to get herself all fancy and promoted now!! whats going on!

Whats up with Oklahoma? (completely clueless XD) and furbabies pics! pics! here's my little baby.

Cobi :)

Omg such a cute kitty! I have two Lab/german shepard mixes and two kitties. I don't have pictures readily available but they're cute, I promise.

You know when you guys make fun of redneck americans who see jesus in their toast and think even babies should have guns? Yeah that's oklahoma. :lol: It's alright weather wise but ugh, the people. So coming to EoFF is my escape! Everyone is so nice and friendly here. Which, you're back now! So it's gotten even better!

Pumpkin
12-12-2015, 07:58 PM
OH THAT CAT IS ADORABLE

I will trade you my evil cat

Psychotic
12-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Alright sorry while I was excited about having you back I'm too busy turning into a small child and adoring the cat. That changed while you were gone! I like cats now. They're my friends. My only friends. I only need cats. I'm going to get a velcro suit and walk around with cats stuck to it.

...I didn't change that much I guess.

Ayen
12-12-2015, 10:58 PM
That kitty cat is adorable.

Zeldy
12-13-2015, 12:09 AM
XD He's gorgeous isnt he. He's still a baby to me; but he's 4 months now! He was tiny when we got him.

Raistlin
12-14-2015, 01:30 AM
Welcome back. EoFF seems to have its own gravitational pull sometimes. Just when you think you're out, it pulls you back in. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU)

Bri
12-15-2015, 02:24 AM
Welcome (back)! You can call me Bri or Bena, pleased to meet you. I am new here here as well! Enjoy!

Colonel Angus
12-15-2015, 03:51 AM
Welcome back, Zeldy! Hope you can stay awhile this time.

Hope your job situation gets fixed soon, too, as I know how it feels to be w/o one.

Rocket Edge
12-16-2015, 11:43 PM
Welcome back. :monster:

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-17-2015, 03:00 AM
Yes. I remember.