PDA

View Full Version : A Glimpse of FFXV's New HUD

fat_moogle
12-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Earlier today the official Final Fantasy XV Twitter account was kind enough to share a single off-screen image from the games latest build. The image shows Noctis on a bridge / pier in a beautiful night time environment.

The lighting looks gorgeous, and to me this location looks inspired by Kilika from FFX. Also as the title says, there has been a slight HUD change. The image is quite small, but you can tell the difference straight away compared to the Episode Duscae build, which you can see below. Also I'm not sure if that is a mini-map in the top right or an uncannily placed Moon xD If it is a map then I'm glad about that, as it was awkward in the demo to get a sense of bearing without having to open up the full map or swinging the camera around to find the yellow marker.

Fox
12-12-2015, 12:34 AM
Ah! ZOOM IN ONEGAI SHIMASU!! I must go analyse ever single pixel! It's so annoying that I can see changes but I can't see what those changes are xD

Environment looks pretty!

Formalhaut
12-12-2015, 12:43 AM
It looks like a mini-map: no moon would be that stark or vivid, I should hope. :p

It looks good, though, I must say.

fat_moogle
12-12-2015, 12:43 AM
When the picture enlarges you can see it a bit more but still not enough to make out full details. To the right of the HP / MP bars there seems to be about 5 boxed off sections, one of which looks like it is full for each character.

EDIT @ Formal: Noctis could have pulled a Bruce Almighty :p

Mirage
12-12-2015, 01:14 AM
looks like an unfinished minimap, in either case

I can't tell what the differences are from such low res i mages.

Freya
12-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Oh I like the newer, less boxy version of the UI, that looks nice.

fat_moogle
12-13-2015, 08:54 PM
looks like an unfinished minimap, in either case

I can't tell what the differences are from such low res i mages.

Oh I like the newer, less boxy version of the UI, that looks nice.
Found out today that Jump Festa is next week. I'm not sure if FFXV has been confirmed for it, but fingers crossed for more of this!