PDA

View Full Version : One Extra...

Wolf Kanno
12-12-2015, 05:29 AM
If you could add one extra party member to any game in the series who would it be? Make sure you mention who your usual party is composed of as well.

Wolf Kanno
12-12-2015, 09:32 PM
W~POST

Since I guess you people need an example...

FFI - I might bother with a thief if I still had both a warrior and monk to do the heavy lifting and two mages to round out the party. He wouldn't feel like dead weight by then.

FFIV - Yang, he's a powerhouse and easily the best character of the non-final party members.

FFVI - My usual party is Terra, Celes, Locke and Shadow. Having a fifth member would allow me to pull in either Edgar, Setzer or Cyan.

FFVII - My usual final team is Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent due to their Limit Breaks giving me some variety. A fourth member would allow me to not have to swipe someone out for Cid during leveling, and I'd probably use Barret since he is slowly growing into one of my favorite characters from this game for story reasons.

FFVIII - I'd use Zell more if Rinoa and Irvine weren't so user friendly.

FFIX - My ideal team is Steiner, Vivi, Freya, and Quina but obviously Zidane has to be in my party for every section he's available but the final battle. So yeah, a fifth member means I could use my ideal team without dealing with Zidane's arbitrary space on the team.

FFX - While party switching means you can use anyone at anytime, being able to use Tidus, Auron, Lulu, and Wakka would mean I wouldn't have to bother with the switch mechanic for 90% of the game, leaving my three least favorite characters in the reserve where they belong.

FFXII - My final party is Ashe, Balthier, and Basch, but being able to add Penelo as a pure mage would make for a more fun party dynamic.

FFXIII - I'd use Sahz way more if he wasn't so middle of the road by end game compared to other party members.

Tactics: I'd love to be able to use six units instead of five for battles.

VeloZer0
12-13-2015, 04:01 AM
FF1: Typical: Fighter/Fighter/Black Belt/Red Mage
I would probably just add an extra Fighter or Black Belt, so I don't know that it changes how I would play all that much.

FF3: Knight/Dragoon/Ninja/Devout
I would add a spell caster, I tend to run really on the physical side....

FF4: Ditto on Yang.

FF6: Celes/Terra/Locke/(one of the Figaro Brothers)
I would probably add whichever other Figaro Bro which I wasn't using, which is kind of boring.

FF7: Cloud/Cid/Yuffie
I would probably add Red XIII, but mainly for story reasons.

FF9: Zidane/Eiko/Amarant/Freya
I don't care much for the other characters. Early game I would add Steiner, as I don't have to worry about MP, later in the game Vivi with Osmose.

FF12: Ashe/Balthier/Bash
Whoever I add would probably just become another clone, so I don't think it makes a difference.

Ayen
12-13-2015, 05:34 AM
FFI: Fighter/Red Mage/White Mage/Black Belt
I'd probably add the Black Mage.
FFXII: Ashe/Bathier/Bash
I'd add Vaan because I like surrounding Ashe with sexy men. What?

I can't remember what my chosen party was for the other FF games I played. I think I switched around a lot.

NeoCracker
12-13-2015, 06:35 AM
FF 1 - Fighter/Fighter/Fighter/Fighter because apperently that makes the game super easy. (never beat FF 1, to archaic feeling, but this is what I'd do.)

So.... Fifth fighter.

FF VI - Sabin/Edgar/Terra/ and my fourth was never consistant. Probalby Strago.

FF VII - Cloud, Cid, Barret. Throw in Red cause PUPPY!

FF IX - Zidane/Vivi/Amarent/Garnet

With this though, Probably drop Garnet and put in Freya and Quina. Plenty of Healling with the supports of this group, and a lot more offense and utility available.

Shiva95
12-13-2015, 01:31 PM
FFIV - Kain/Cecil/Rydia/Rosa/Yang
I'd add Edge.

FFVI - Locke/Celes/Terra/One of the Figaro brothers
I'd surely add the other Figaro brother ;)

FFVII - Cloud/Tifa/Nanaki
I'd add Vincent.

FFIX - Zidane/Vivi/Garnet/Steiner
I'd probably add Freya.

FFX - I absolutely love the party switchings.

FFXIII - Lightning/Hope/Fang
I'd probably add Vanille because she's a much better Saboteur than Fang, but Fang is better in general and makes a good team with Lightning and Hope.

Colonel Angus
12-14-2015, 05:08 AM
FFI- I'd go w/ a party of Fighter, Monk, Monk, White Mage & Black Mage. Having the extra Monk would be some nice extra firepower to the basic party.

Skipping III because I've only completely played through the game once.

FFIV- I'd add FuSoYa because his Sage abilities would be excellent. If I could replace Edge & add two, I'd go w/ the Twins instead.

FFV- I'd have Krile send Galuf to T.A.H.I.T.I., so he could rejoin the team.

FFVI- Locke, Terra, Celes, Setzer & Sabin.

FFVII- Cloud, Barret, Tifa & Vincent.

Skip the next two because I can't think of them right now.

FFX- Wakka (for Avians), Auron (for the thick-skinned ones), LuLu (for the ones weak against magic) and Tidus (for quickness). This would leave Yuna in reserves for surprise Malboro attacks, so she could summon meat shields.

FFXII- Penelo, Ashe, Vaan & Basch. Penelo for Magic/Range attacks, Ashe for support & fighting, Vaan for attack & Basch as the Decoy.