PDA

View Full Version : Craisins vs Raisins

Chibi Youkai
12-13-2015, 01:51 AM
Which do you prefer to cook with? I've got a recipe that calls for raisins, but think that craisins would would taste much better and fit in with the fall/ winter theme of the dish.

Here's the recipe, if anyone is interested:
Sweet Potato Lentil Casserole (http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Sweet-Potato-Lentil-Casserole-1229922)

And, apparently I managed to post this in the wrong forum, if someone could move it, please?

Pike
12-13-2015, 08:02 AM
Moved for ya!

I'm afraid I don't like either craisins or raisins :(

Rin Heartilly
12-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Raisins are like evil grapes who were exiled into the desert where the sun made them wrinkly to atone for their sins.

Craisins are slightly less evil but none of the other dried fruit associate with them because they're kinda crazy.

So neither :colbert:

Shauna
12-13-2015, 11:11 AM
what the heck are craisins

escobert
12-13-2015, 12:43 PM
what the heck are craisins

dried Cranberries.

I enjoy both but prefer Raisins.

sharkythesharkdogg
12-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Craisins are pretty good. I think in holiday dishes, the craisin instead of raisin idea might work pretty well!

Bri
12-14-2015, 01:59 AM
I enjoy it best if it were covered in yogurt. But I'd say give craisins a shot for your casserole and let us know how it goes, because honestly I don't like raisins in any kind of dish. Good luck!

Colonel Angus
12-14-2015, 03:17 AM
I think Craisins can substitute Raisins in almost any recipe.

As for personal likes, I prefer prunes to raisins & craisins, even though they're all great.

Chibi Youkai
12-16-2015, 08:00 PM
Casserole turned out pretty amazing. I think it was better for them, gave a nice offset to the other ingredients. If nothing else, the boyfriend said it was so good that he didn't care that there was no meat in it. Would normally take that as him being nice, but he's eaten about four servings of it in the last two days now.

Hollycat
12-17-2015, 06:21 PM
I love cooking, but I've never done it with either of those. I love fruit, but unfortunately grapes are the one I have the second worst allergy to. (Bananas are #1)

I should try cooking with raisins at some point.

Colonel Angus
12-18-2015, 05:07 AM
I love cooking, but I've never done it with either of those. I love fruit, but unfortunately grapes are the one I have the second worst allergy to. (Bananas are #1)

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Hollycat
12-18-2015, 05:42 AM

I wouldn't do that if I were you.for other people of course. >_<