PDA

View Full Version : Point of no return for Great Gospel

Spawn of Sephiroth
12-13-2015, 02:18 PM
So, since the port is now on the ps4 and I bought it on launch day for $10,Im going to replay this game. Now its been nearly 8 years since my last playthrough so I dont exactly remember where the last playable place for Aerith is. Im a completionist but the only thing on the trophy list Ive never done is get Aerith to Lvl 4 Limit Break. I don't really wanna grind at the moment as Im getting back into the story but just so I know, where do I lose her as a playable character so I know where to stop to get it for her. I know how to obtain it, I just want to wait til the very end to knock it out. Currently I just arrived at North Corel for the first time.

Psychotic
12-13-2015, 02:32 PM
When it's time to go to Temple of the Ancients, don't go to Temple of the Ancients and grind it out then.

Spawn of Sephiroth
12-13-2015, 02:34 PM
When it's time to go to Temple of the Ancients, don't go to Temple of the Ancients and grind it out then.

Ok thanks. Will do.

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2015, 06:36 PM
You can actually pick up the item as soon as you get the Buggy as well.

DMKA
12-13-2015, 06:42 PM
Yeah, you can get the item really early on (actually, you can even get the item on disc 3 if you haven't yet), you just have to level up Aeris to Limit Level 4 and activate it before going to the Temple of the Ancients because after that she...yeah.

Spawn of Sephiroth
12-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Yeah, you can get the item really early on (actually, you can even get the item on disc 3 if you haven't yet), you just have to level up Aeris to Limit Level 4 and activate it before going to the Temple of the Ancients because after that she...yeah.

The horror :(

Lol

Saber
12-13-2015, 09:03 PM
the best time to level her limit breaks is right after you get cid. You can go to the southern islands via tiny bronco and fight head hunters on a little green patch. If you proceed until after you go on a gold saucer date she will be stuck in the party making it hard to level up other characters. So right when you get cid and the tiny bronco.

1. Go north to bone village and buy armors. Also you can get a summon in the sleeping forest.
2. Stock up on weapons at wutai cause they are the best so far.
3. Give her the cover materia and let her kill all the enemies.

Mirage
12-13-2015, 10:31 PM

She what? Come on, tell us. I hate cliffhangers!

Anyway Sora, isn't it better to just AoE those mushroom things that come in parties of 5 or 6?

Spawn of Sephiroth
12-14-2015, 06:50 PM
I just went ahead and did it at the roller coaster tracks before north coral. The area where you flip the switch, every fight has 5 enemies of either 5 of the red worms lookin dudes or 3 worms and 2 birds. Just took an hour and now i got the buggy and backtracked and got the mythril and just broke down at cosmo canyon. So shouldnt be much longer til I get tiny bronco and go back and get it.

Carl the Llama
12-17-2015, 08:49 PM
I always do it at the tiny patch of forest between Jueno and For Condor, almost always 3-5 enemies and they all dies after a single casting of Matra Magic.

Skyblade
12-18-2015, 01:11 AM
I always do it at the tiny patch of forest between Jueno and For Condor, almost always 3-5 enemies and they all dies after a single casting of Matra Magic.

Yep. Same for me.

Cover also helps to ensure their attacks build the right Limit Gauge. :p

DynamixDJ
07-25-2016, 08:36 PM
You can actually pick up the item as soon as you get the Buggy as well.
Technically, you can only get the Mythril as soon as you get the buggy; the Great Gospel can only be obtained once you obtain the Tiny Bronco.

Also, I used to make full use of the forest in Junon, until I did some research a while ago. I was curious to see what the *true* average EXP, AP, Gil and enemy qty was of each area. It's a little more complicated than just taking the totals of each formation, then dividing by the qty of formations. First we have to take the encounter rate of the individual formation into consideration, then we need to look at the way in which the game considers the formations when selecting a battle. I posted my findings HERE. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197341-final-fantasy-vii/73867194)

Anyway, let's look at the best training place for this particular point in the game. (Junon Disk 1) Not only is the NE cave of the Mythril mines better, but the waterside tracks in Mt. Corel (that TC pointed out) is way better, and is actually the 2nd best place in the game to train for qty of enemies per battle (the 1st being the Grangalan outside of Costa Del Sol, which are a pain to spawn):

Mythril Mines: North Western Cavern

Average EXP = 265
Average AP = 29
Average Gil = 407
Average QTY of Enemies = 4.2
Area Encounter Rate = 40

Junon Area: Forests

Average EXP = 233
Average AP = 24
Average Gil = 410
Average QTY of Enemies = 3.8
Area Encounter Rate = 12

Mt. Corel: Waterside Tracks

Average EXP = 355
Average AP = 36
Average Gil = 512
Average QTY of Enemies = 4.4
Area Encounter Rate = 72

It's important to note that the lower the are encounter rate, the more frequent encounters will be. It's also worth noting that the forests of Rocket Town are also a viable Limit training ground, as the Valron can be manipulated to then use their Dive Kick move against your party, which is a % based attack and will always fill your gauge up quickly (with Fury), regardless of where you are in the game. The Battery Cap are also the only enemy in the game to be encountered in a 6x formation as a random encounter, however the appearance of 2x Bahba Velamyu weaken this areas average somewhat:

Rocket Pad Area: Forest

Average EXP = 934
Average AP = 91
Average Gil = 992
Average QTY of Enemies = 2.9
Area Encounter Rate = 12

Mirage
07-26-2016, 09:55 AM

She what?

Bubba
07-26-2016, 01:47 PM

She what?

She releases her first LP of country songs onto iTunes.

Featuring timeless country classics such as...

- Corel Prison Blues
- If You've Got the Gil, I've Got the Time
- Midnight in Midgar
- Your Cheatin' Harpy
- All My Exes Live in Gongaga
- Don't come-a-home Infused with Mako (With Lovin' on Your Mind)

Bonus track ~ Marlene gives a heart-felt rendition of Coal Miner's Daughter

Midgar Mist
07-26-2016, 08:25 PM
I'm working on this myself. I've already taken the trouble of taking the buggy all the way back to Junon and back again.

Now I'm grinding in the Wutai area.

The Temple of the Ancients is a great part of the game, and Aerith gets a pretty Princess Guard staff.....downside being you lose control of her afterwards, then those pretty staffs are nothin' more than Throw fodder >_<

DynamixDJ
07-26-2016, 09:17 PM

She what?

She releases her first LP of country songs onto iTunes.

Featuring timeless country classics such as...

- Corel Prison Blues
- If You've Got the Gil, I've Got the Time
- Midnight in Midgar
- Your Cheatin' Harpy
- All My Exes Live in Gongaga
- Don't come-a-home Infused with Mako (With Lovin' on Your Mind)

Bonus track ~ Marlene gives a heart-felt rendition of Coal Miner's Daughter

Hahah! Don't forget the timeless classics, "Materia! What is it good for (absolutely nothing)?", and "My Gondola Sweetheart"!