PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning Gaming

Vyk
12-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Remember Saturday morning cartoons? Fun adventure. Carefree whimsy. Sometimes surprisingly deep and emotional.

I've been in a funk regarding video games lately, tried looking up lists of the most intense games, and games most like a page turner, but opinions on those things vary so greatly its hardly worth worrying about anyone else's list and just try to come up with ones of my own and find comparable titles to those

But one thing I think can be a little more concrete is the idea of a good Saturday morning cartoon

Are there any games that invoke the nostalgia of staying home from school and having a fun adventure with your favorite characters?

I'm thinking things like Jak, Spyro, and possibly Sly Cooper may get the ball rolling

One recent game I got to enjoy that was surprisingly story driven, adventurous, and even a little on the mature side was Freedom Planet, inspired by the Sonic saturday morning cartoon done off the Archie comics with the Freedom Fighters

I loved that cartoon

So what are your Saturday morning gaming pleasures on this fine Sunday afternoon (or later [or earlier?], depending)

Ayen
12-13-2015, 10:53 PM
Too many to count, but I didn't play them on a specific day. I was home schooled, too, so...

blackmage_nuke
12-14-2015, 12:53 AM
I always played Might and Magic VII on saturday mornings while I had cartoons running in the background.

I still remember my terrible build (Archer, Druid, Priest, Sorcerer)

Pete for President
12-14-2015, 04:37 PM
PS2 was the platform for most of my Saturday morning gaming. FFX, SSX Tricky, SSX3, mocking around in GTA Vice City; all of these were perfect morning adventures.