PDA

View Full Version : Sohth

fat_moogle
12-13-2015, 11:48 PM
WHERE can I find this?! I've been searching for what feels like decades but I don't seem to encounter it?

Sephex
12-14-2015, 05:12 AM
You can find the Sohth by getting in 250 counters in a row without running away at Cosmo Canyon. When you win the battle you'll encounter a short cutscene that gives you the Slaughter Materia. Very useful for this stage of the game.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-14-2015, 06:19 AM
I heard its only a one in a hundred chance the sohth will spawn though, so you might have to keep trying. It helps if you make 50 copies of the save file.

Sephex
12-14-2015, 07:50 AM
Whoa, then I got lucky! I only went for the Slaughter Materia once and I encountered Sohth no problem after the 250 encounters. I never did that again (as with other tedious FFVII side stuff) because it takes too much time.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-14-2015, 08:23 AM
I had to do the 50 save file trick to increase my chances. Did you know that on the fiftieth save file that you'll magically have a key item in your inventory called Ancient Elixer that is said bring a certain someone back to life? It actually gets imbued in the lifestream and turns all the hooded clone guys into clones of that certain someone. It makes sephiroth go crazy and creates an alternate ending to the game.

Sephex
12-14-2015, 09:36 AM
I had to do the 50 save file trick to increase my chances. Did you know that on the fiftieth save file that you'll magically have a key item in your inventory called Ancient Elixer that is said bring a certain someone back to life? It actually gets imbued in the lifestream and turns all the hooded clone guys into clones of that certain someone. It makes sephiroth go crazy and creates an alternate ending to the game.

I'm wondering if they'll keep that in the remake. I remember in early copies of FFVII you had to actually special order a 4th disc to get that ending since all content and cutscenes were on that disc. They phased it out by the time the Greatest Hits version of the game came out because it apparently was a hassle to keep up with the demand. Square actually kept it under wraps after they backed out of offering the fourth disc. EGM was going to publish something on it, but Square threatened to never let them cover anything by them. Back then Square had a lot of pull. I guess they still do when it comes to that because you can't even find the scene on YouTube!

Psychotic
12-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Sohth glitches the fuck out of your game. Do NOT encounter. Aside from various texture and sound glitches, it swapped my Cloud for the model of that punk with the red spiky hair and sunglasses and while that was bitchin' sweet, you get stuck on a screen that endlessly plays the Speed Square ghost noise if you try to enter the Highwind. Avoid Sohth at all costs.

Skyblade
12-14-2015, 04:25 PM
Sohth glitches the smurf out of your game. Do NOT encounter. Aside from various texture and sound glitches, it swapped my Cloud for the model of that punk with the red spiky hair and sunglasses and while that was bitchin' sweet, you get stuck on a screen that endlessly plays the Speed Square ghost noise if you try to enter the Highwind. Avoid Sohth at all costs.

They fixed that with a patch, actually.

It's fairly easy to find on PC versions, but the Playstation "Patch" disc was only distributed on request for a year, and not advertised at all, so it is going for over a thousand dollars whenever one is actually put up for sale.

The annoying part is that the PSN digital releases don't include the patched data, so you can't get around the issue on the virtual console versions.

Fynn
12-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Holy crap is it the 90s again

Scotty_ffgamer
12-14-2015, 05:19 PM
Did you guys know that you could actually get Johnny to join your party too? If you gave him 100 tissues early on in the game, he'd magically show up during cloud's coma thing to comfort tifa with them. If that happens, cloud is left behind and Johnny becomes the new leader.

Ayen
12-14-2015, 07:48 PM
Holy crap is it the 90s again

Nah, special effects in movies aren't nearly corny enough to be the 90's again.

Colonel Angus
12-15-2015, 12:04 AM
Request for this content to be published on the front site.

Galuf
12-15-2015, 12:28 AM
What the trout is a sohth.

Fox
12-15-2015, 12:30 AM

Just turn down Yuffie from joining your party when you have exactly 333 enemies killed and you'll find out.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-15-2015, 12:32 AM

Just turn down Yuffie from joining your party when you have exactly 333 enemies killed and you'll find out.

I believe that's the Nohth actually.

Edit: actually I think it is the sohth. Well, a trick sohth. Isn't that the one where yuffie tricks the party dressed as a sohth and steals your save file, giving you a special game over screen before your file is deleted?

Hollycat
12-15-2015, 03:21 AM
Damn you. I started googling all this. You butts.

Sephex
12-15-2015, 05:09 AM

Edit: actually I think it is the sohth. Well, a trick sohth. Isn't that the one where yuffie tricks the party dressed as a sohth and steals your save file, giving you a special game over screen before your file is deleted?

That was confirmed to also be a glitch because the game DOES show a Game Over screen, but that's because there was additional content that was left on the cutting room floor. The Nohth was just a placeholder name since it was an asset designed to be similar to the Sohth. However, the path to get to that section of the game was left open so if you meet all the requirements to get the Nohth the game flags the game over screen. The special ending is nothing more that showing this weird scene were Cloud slowly walks towards the screen in complete darkness.

I know, sounds like some creepypasta bit, but I saw the scene one pre YouTube, and it actually is unintentionally funny because it plays the Chocobo racing music the whole time with the "Yehaww" part looping at double speed.

Saber
12-15-2015, 06:56 AM

That was confirmed to also be a glitch because the game DOES show a Game Over screen, but that's because there was additional content that was left on the cutting room floor. The Nohth was just a placeholder name since it was an asset designed to be similar to the Sohth. However, the path to get to that section of the game was left open so if you meet all the requirements to get the Nohth the game flags the game over screen. The special ending is nothing more that showing this weird scene were Cloud slowly walks towards the screen in complete darkness.

I know, sounds like some creepypasta bit, but I saw the scene one pre YouTube, and it actually is unintentionally funny because it plays the Chocobo racing music the whole time with the "Yehaww" part looping at double speed.

Also Sephiroth joins your party once you beat the game this way and you get to start a new game + with Zack instead of Cloud.

Ayen
12-15-2015, 07:01 AM

Also Sephiroth joins your party once you beat the game this way and you get to start a new game + with Zack instead of Cloud.

Which was the original inspiration for Crisis Core starring Zack.

fat_moogle
12-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Google results for secret FFVII content only appears on the third Thursday of every month at precisely 7:07pm.

Skyblade
12-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Google results for secret FFVII content only appears on the third Thursday of every month at precisely 7:07pm.

Yeah, but adjusting internal system settings actually made that part incredibly easy to bypass, once you knew about it. As long as you factored in the time it takes to start up the game and load your save file.

Ayen
12-16-2015, 11:35 PM

The Nohth Grove must never be loss!