PDA

View Full Version : South Edge?

fat_moogle
12-13-2015, 11:55 PM
In the FFVII Remake trailer there was a sign that pointed to South Edge. I thought Edge was a city built on the outskirts of Midgar after the Meteor caused structural damages? So Edge wouldn't even exist in this game would it? Or was Edge there all along?

Ayen
12-14-2015, 01:00 AM
I don't remember anything about a South Edge in the original game. Could be one of the changes they talked about.

Or my memory could be foggy since it's been a year since I played this game. Psych, where you at?

Fox
12-14-2015, 01:06 AM
I figured this was just because the first trailer was doing this weird retrospective thing for the first half.

"Long ago, we looked upon a foreboding sky" - I'm assuming foreboding sky = Meteor, so 'long ago' implies metorfall was in the past. So when this trailer starts, we're already post the events of FFVII and probably Advent Children as well.

"The memory of the start that threatened all burns eternal in our hearts". - Yeah, OK. Meteor. Or maybe they're referring to when Sephiroth blew up the actual sun during his boss fight.

It's during this piece of the trailer that we see South Edge. So I assume they're saying "Here's the world after FFVII. Let's remind ourselves how we got here. With... FFVII REMAKE WOO!"