PDA

View Full Version : How far into cleaning do you get before you start half assing it?

blackmage_nuke
12-14-2015, 12:05 PM
I can last between half an hour to an hour

Psychotic
12-14-2015, 12:08 PM
I sort of go on cleaning binges where I purge the place. I went pretty hardcore with it before Matt and Shauna came to stay (you guys best have noticed and appreciated that by the way) and was doing it for hours. Outside of rampages though I half-ass from the get go :shobon:

Loony BoB
12-14-2015, 12:12 PM
I have a small flat so "As long as it takes" isn't too bad for me. But I only get serious about cleaning up when people are coming over.

Zeldy
12-14-2015, 12:24 PM
I'm not quite a cleanbot, but I think I may be addicted to buying cleaning products. You can always find me in the cleaning aisle getting excited over a different type of bleach or obsessing of candles.

I'm pretty relentless and I like a clean house, and I enjoy cleaning so eh XD I probably have 2 hours cleaning time a day. especially since getting my cat, little Cobi, I pretty much clean every day now!

If people are coming round, I'll clean the entire house.

Mirage
12-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Two hours a day? I barely spend that much time a week!

Zanmato
12-14-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm cleaning my room only when it's necessary. :P

Zeldy
12-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Two hours a day? I barely spend that much time a week!

I should probably mention that I share a house with others. If I was just picking up after myself only or my boyfriend alone, I'd probably clean a hell of a lot less. But no one really cleans so I sortof have to take that task on myself.

And Cobi's an indoor cat, so I'm forever hoovering up after him XD

Ayen
12-15-2015, 01:49 AM
What's cleaning?

Colonel Angus
12-15-2015, 02:11 AM
I'm cleaning my room only when it's necessary. :P
Pretty much.

krissy
12-15-2015, 02:45 AM
i've never full assed cleaning

theundeadhero
12-15-2015, 07:24 AM
Approximately seven minutes.

Pumpkin
12-15-2015, 04:13 PM
I have a cleaning list I try and keep up with and it involves some cleaning every day, and some monthly cleaning. I tried to do a big clean before school which took hours but I hurt my back pretty badly. I've been lazy these past 2 weeks because exams and stuff though and today I have cakes to bake, but hopefully tomorrow I can get back on schedule.

I don't really half-ass it, I'll just take a lot of breaks if I get tired of it

Zeldy
12-15-2015, 04:23 PM
I have a cleaning list I try and keep up with and it involves some cleaning every day, and some monthly cleaning. I tried to do a big clean before school which took hours but I hurt my back pretty badly. I've been lazy these past 2 weeks because exams and stuff though and today I have cakes to bake, but hopefully tomorrow I can get back on schedule.

omg a cleaning list :love:

Bubba
12-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Cleaning and tidying has gotten on top of us quite a lot since buying our house. Having a baby definitely doesn't help.

Whenever there just seems too much to do I have this little phrase that I say to myself in my head "As long as I'm doing something... something is getting done". Then I just get stuff done. Take a mug back to the kitchen, Pick up some papers and put them in the drawer. Just little stuff. As long you keep going, you'll get it done!

Colonel Angus
12-15-2015, 10:47 PM

Breaks are a HUGE part of my cleaning repertoire. "Eh, I've been doing this for 10 mins., what's on TV?"

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-17-2015, 02:46 AM
The hard part is starting to clean. Once I do start I just keep getting more and more in depth. I'm pretty sure its part of the brainwashing they drilled into me during bootcamp.

However, I usually half ass tidying up from the beginning. Go hard or go home do something else.

Ayen
12-17-2015, 03:41 AM

Breaks are a HUGE part of my cleaning repertoire. "Eh, I've been doing this for 10 mins., what's on TV?"

That sounds like my work ethic.

Hollycat
12-17-2015, 03:51 AM
I actually enjoy cleaning, when it's for the benefit of other people. My personal stuff will remain a mess.

Del Murder
12-17-2015, 04:35 AM
My daughter puked all over the carpet yesterday and my first thought was 'better spray that with oxyclean before it sets.' I guess I'm a cleanbot first, father second.

Ayen
12-17-2015, 04:40 AM
My daughter puked all over the carpet yesterday and my first thought was 'better spray that with oxyclean before it sets.' I guess I'm a cleanbot first, father second.

http://i.imgur.com/6oVKu6c.gif

Miriel
12-18-2015, 09:12 AM

And I was all, WTF ARE YOU DOING WE NEED TO GET THESE SICK KIDDOS TO BED IT'S 1AM!!!!!!!!!

Lol. That was a fun night. :D

Mirage
12-18-2015, 10:49 AM
Looking at the clock and the fact that I am now sitting at my PC, i'd say it took about 45 minutes.

Rin Heartilly
12-18-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm half-donkey'd about thinking about cleaning (I always put it off until I absolutely have to) but when I DO start cleaning, no one can tame me when I unleash the bleach beast. :stare:

Shiny
12-19-2015, 03:22 AM
People using excessive amounts of bleach in their products eh? I'm not crazy about bleach. I try to avoid it at all cost. Luckily my tub is pinkish instead of white. I'm kinda like Psychotic in that I go through bouts of cleanly frenzy but then other times just half-ass it. I try to clean enough during my fits so that I don't have to worry about cleaning as much for a while and I try to just keep it that neat. Doesn't always work though especially if I have company over and their messy.

Værn
12-19-2015, 09:28 AM
I was told to never half-ass anything. Whatever it is you're doing, always use your whole ass.