PDA

View Full Version : Live space launch, who's watching?

fat_moogle
12-15-2015, 10:53 AM
In about 10 minutes three astronauts will be blasting off to the International Space Station. Just switched over to watch it now and hoping that everyone goes well for them!

Baked Moogle 420
12-15-2015, 12:47 PM
In about 10 minutes three astronauts will be blasting off to the International Space Station. Just switched over to watch it now and hoping that everyone goes well for them!

Howd it go? :)

fat_moogle
12-15-2015, 01:23 PM

Howd it go? :)
Well it didn't explode upon launch, so pretty well :D There's another programme on at 7 which will be showing the guys reaching the space station, so I'll more than likely watch that later as well. Let's hope they get there alright.

Baked Moogle 420
12-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Yeah man! Look. Anything like the launch from from FF8? :D i wont get a chance to watch it today, trying to watch all 6 stars wars before the new one tomorrow! Haha

Fox
12-15-2015, 01:47 PM
I can't watch space launches anymore. I love them, but the last one I tuned in for was SpaceX's CRS-7 mission. >_<

fat_moogle
12-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Yeah man! Look. Anything like the launch from from FF8? :D i wont get a chance to watch it today, trying to watch all 6 stars wars before the new one tomorrow! Haha
Not quite like the launch in FFVIII but who knows, maybe they'll discover various colourful aliens around the space station xD
Also good luck with your marathon!

I can't watch space launches anymore. I love them, but the last one I tuned in for was SpaceX's CRS-7 mission. >_<
I've not watched a live one before. Was this the one where they planned to have the teacher go up?

Baked Moogle 420
12-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Luckily no one was on that one! :(

Ayen
12-16-2015, 11:30 PM
I helped launch a ship into space once. What, don't believe me? Here's photographic proof!

http://i68.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/idzxc7.png

Fox
12-16-2015, 11:41 PM
I've not watched a live one before. Was this the one where they planned to have the teacher go up?

I'm not that old, buddy! I assume you're talking about the Challenger disaster which was... '86, I believe? CRS-7 was just a cargo supply mission to the ISS. The only sad thing lost on that were some student experiments. Which is genuinely sad but not national day of mourning sad.

fat_moogle
12-18-2015, 01:34 AM
Oh, I didn't realise it was that long ago! I must have watched a programme about it and thought it was more recent! That was before my time too, ha.