PDA

View Full Version : So, those Smash reveals

Fynn
12-16-2015, 07:49 AM
Has anyone seen the final DLC reveal for smash? Apparently, aside from Cloud (who is available NOW) we are getting Corrin - the avatar from FE fates (available as both male and female) and Bayonetta. And there's a bunch of new costumes, including Geno.

NeoCracker
12-16-2015, 11:39 PM
Can't we just get Geno already? That would be nice.

But nice, Bayonetta! Might actually download that one.

Skyblade
12-16-2015, 11:55 PM

There you go. Geno costume for the Mii Gunner (yes, that is real).

Overall, I enjoyed the new reveals. Just not happy that there are no more coming.

Hollycat
12-17-2015, 03:40 AM
I'm still weirded out by Cloud being in Smash. On the topic of the new characters, I think there's enough FE already, but I have no issues with Bayonetta being in it.

KentaRawr!
12-17-2015, 04:36 AM
Every strange character anyone's ever recommended for Smash is now in Smash, and more! :lol:

Hollycat
12-17-2015, 04:37 AM
Every strange character anyone's ever recommended for Smash is now in Smash, and more! :lol:
I want Chie!

also kid Goku.

KentaRawr!
12-17-2015, 04:41 AM
Kid Goku would have the best final smash.

NeoCracker
12-17-2015, 10:55 AM

There you go. Geno costume for the Mii Gunner (yes, that is real).

Overall, I enjoyed the new reveals. Just not happy that there are no more coming.

I mean ACTUALLY get Geno, not a costume. I knew about the costume already. :p

Fynn
12-17-2015, 11:23 AM
Well, there will be no more announcements, so don't get your hopes up.

Same as I wanted Dunban or Elma to be in it, but we already got a Dunban costume, so yeah, what were the chances of that happening...

Mr. Carnelian
12-17-2015, 01:09 PM
The Bayonetta one seems a bit.. weird. Smash is all about the "family-friendliness", and she is one of the least "family-friendly" characters video game characters ever. I mean, when she attacks, her clothes come off. They could always dial down the sexual element of her character, but that is literally one of the central elements of her character.

So they're going to fundamentally change the character of Bayonetta in order to make her "family friendly". Why not just use a popular character who's more "family friendly" to begin with?

Fynn
12-17-2015, 01:11 PM
Bayonetta is just so over the top, though, that she crosses the line twice and in her hypersexuality she is actually just... not sexual anymore XD

Mr. Carnelian
12-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Bayonetta is just so over the top, though, that she crosses the line twice and in her hypersexuality she is actually just... not sexual anymore XD

So... she's so sexual that she's not sexual? Can you draw me a diagram to explain that, Fynn? :p

Mirage
12-17-2015, 01:42 PM

So... she's so sexual that she's not sexual? Can you draw me a diagram to explain that, Fynn? :p

It's the same phenomena you see when movies are so bad that they become good.

Fynn
12-17-2015, 01:52 PM
Or comedy where you take something that is incredibly brutal and gory but make it SO brutal and gory that it is no longer horrifying, instead being comical.

For Bayonetta, it's enough to look at how long her legs are. yes, long legs are ac typically sexualized trait of women. but hers are so long that she really doesn't look like anything sexy anymore, and yet she still flaunts them every step of the way. She's a caricature of sexualized women in media, and this was very much intentional.

Let me make a parallel to your preference, maybe. So, uh... So, muscles on men are considered sexy, right? But are bodybuilders (in mainstream media, of course - I'm not judging anyone's fetishes) ever presented as something desireable? When they're not meant to be physically imposing or downright monstrous, they usually aren't cast as a serious half of a romantic relationship.

Mr. Carnelian
12-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Let me make a parallel to your preference, maybe. So, uh... So, muscles on men are considered sexy, right? But are bodybuilders (in mainstream media, of course - I'm not judging anyone's fetishes) ever presented as something desireable? When they're not meant to be physically imposing or downright monstrous, they usually aren't cast as a serious half of a romantic relationship.

Thank you for translating your point into gay for me, Fynn. :p I think I get what you mean now.

Depression Moon
12-17-2015, 03:48 PM
A sixth Fire Emblem character is just too much especially for that franchise. Donkey Kong could've used a new rep or one that doesn't have one like Advance Wars.

Bayonetta though? That was a surprise and she looks excellent. I can't wait to main her. I still don't own the game yet and there are so many characters I want to main. Cloud, Bayonetta, Wii Fit Trainer, Pac-man, my old mains from Brawl, Zelda, and Meta Knight. There are a ton.

Mirage
12-17-2015, 03:50 PM
We need dixie kong.

Fynn
12-17-2015, 03:53 PM
it kinda makes sense, though. The FE characters are super popular, which is why there are so many of them, and why a lot of people will buy the Corrin DLC. From a marketing standpoint,it will also help hype us Westerners for the release of Fates.

Depression Moon
12-17-2015, 04:06 PM
I thought Fire Emblem doesn't sell shit in the west and also didn't those games not come out outside of Japan until late in the Gamecube era?

Fynn
12-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Well, then yes, but after Brawl the FE games coming out here, and Awakening was a huge hit, so they're trying to make sure Fates is just as big. I guess.

The increase in popularity FE got in the west is largely why we got Robin and Lucina.

Hollycat
12-17-2015, 04:32 PM
I thought Fire Emblem doesn't sell trout in the west and also didn't those games not come out outside of Japan until late in the Gamecube era?
Actually it did really well, they destroyed their sales goal world wide.

Ayen
12-17-2015, 04:38 PM
I missed the announcement that Bayonetta was in Smash.

-purchases-

Depression Moon
12-17-2015, 05:10 PM
I also dislike Corrin's design. That shit is ugly and reminds me of those overly designed Japanese characters from those obscure JRPGs.

Skyblade
12-18-2015, 04:08 AM

I think the image speaks for itself.

Ayen
12-18-2015, 04:11 AM
Times have changed.

maybee
12-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Bayonetta ! Yes ! Good ! :love:

We have been blessed with a early Christmas present~

I Took the Red Pill
01-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Yo anyone looking to play some WiFi matches on WiiU? I'm getting bored of playing random peeps on For Glory. Cmon you know you wanna

Formalhaut
01-13-2016, 06:27 PM
Super Smash has always been something I've loved, but there's not really anything else other than that and Mario Kart 8 to convince me to get a WiiU. Buying a console is a major once-a-year purchase, to be honest.

Thank you for translating your point into gay for me, Fynn. :p I think I get what you mean now.

Imagine if that happened in real life.

Fynn
01-13-2016, 06:45 PM
You know there's a 3DS version, right?

sharkythesharkdogg
01-13-2016, 06:51 PM
I want Optimus Prime.

I'd settle for Soundwave.

Formalhaut
01-13-2016, 06:52 PM

A fighting game on a handheld? That literally offends me. :p

Fynn
01-13-2016, 07:41 PM
Well, it's your loss because it plays fantastic :monster:

Also, handhelds are the best for everything /fact

Skyblade
01-13-2016, 08:13 PM

A fighting game on a handheld? That literally offends me. :p

It's a good thing you never heard about Dissidia, then.