PDA

View Full Version : Snow~

Zeldy
12-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Do you like snow, and is there a chance of a white Christmas where you are?

Does any one in the UK remember a few weeks ago when they said it would snow? Yeah, in Manchester, we're still waiting.

If you're an unfortunate person like me who never sees snow, when was the last time you did?

The last time I saw snow was that winter of first year of University, so back in 2010.. :(

Pics if you have any, ironically, I love snow :3

Bubba
12-17-2015, 01:01 PM
Yeah, Manchester isn't great for snow. I love it though and I'm hoping for a white Christmas :D

Now I've moved out to Wilmslow I think my chances increase slightly!

Mr. Carnelian
12-17-2015, 01:02 PM
It never snows.

No, it snows literally all the time.

Just not where you are. :p

Zeldy
12-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Yeah, Manchester isn't great for snow. I love it though and I'm hoping for a white Christmas :D

Wilmslow? nice! Seen any celebs haha? I went to the training place there, Pareto Law.

Bubba
12-17-2015, 01:28 PM

Wilmslow? nice! Seen any celebs haha? I went to the training place there, Pareto Law.

Haha, it depends who you count as celebs! Maria from Coronation Street is always in our Tesco with her dancing partner? Don't know his name. Saw Yaya Toure (don't know if you follow football) in Gusto in Alderley Edge. MissH sees loads more than me. I'm generally more oblivious to everyone!

Ah yes, I've walked past there. It's right near the station :D

Mirage
12-17-2015, 01:32 PM
smurf snow

right in its white, cold butt

escobert
12-17-2015, 01:53 PM
It snows here every year. It's flurried a couple times but nothing much yet.

Freya
12-17-2015, 02:18 PM
We tend to get ice storms more than snow storms. I hate ice. ugh. Snows lovely though.

Fynn
12-17-2015, 02:22 PM
smurf snow

right in its white, cold butt

Yes.

Growing up in the coldest part of Poland can really get you to hate snow. Don't get me wrong - it looks pretty. But when you get it for five months a year and NOT for Chrsitmas, then I think it's pretty understandable why I don't like it.

Snow's a dick.

Pumpkin
12-17-2015, 04:12 PM
I love snow and I haven't had it in years now and it makes me very depressed

Hollycat
12-17-2015, 04:20 PM
I absolutely adore snow! It's so soft and floofy! Unfortunately we rarely get snow where I live, usually just enough to cover the grass and turn into ice. I've definitely considered moving somewhere like Colorado where there is plentiful snow for me to play with.

Ayen
12-17-2015, 04:20 PM
I don't really like it or hate it. Growing up with a damaged lung, and an overprotective mother pretty much ensured that I never got to play in the snow growing up, anyway.

I can't remember the last time it snowed over here, honestly.

Del Murder
12-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Snow is fun but we never get it. It only snows in the high up mountains in CA. That is, back when we actually had rain.

SammieBabe
12-17-2015, 05:23 PM
I don't handle cold very well, and if it snows here, we've got some bigger problems to deal with.

Mr. Carnelian
12-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Snow's a dick.

Whaaaat? But Snow's just this super-cool guy, you know? :p

3Hz3LoiAFtQ

Ayen
12-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Please tell me her voice actually speeds up in the game.

Mr. Carnelian
12-17-2015, 05:35 PM

You betcha'.

Ayen
12-17-2015, 05:57 PM

You betcha'.

-plays the game-

-first sign of the apocalypse confirmed-

Rin Heartilly
12-17-2015, 08:50 PM
I live in Australia so you all already know the answer xD I've never seen or touched snow :( It looks so fluffy and nice in movies! During christmas its going to be hot as trout (as chirstmas is always summer for us) 40C, so I'll be chilling with the aircon on...

Midgar Mist
12-18-2015, 05:36 AM
I miss Snow, England has become more depressing the more it rains and the less it snows. I think the last good snow was the beginning of 2013, fluffy powdery white snow. It snowed a tiny bit a few weeks ago but didnt settle :-(

Araciel
12-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Still ten degrees in Southern Ontario. This shit is off the hook.

Shiny
12-18-2015, 04:16 PM
It's been 60-65 degrees lately. Today it's around 50 so it's looking like it isn't going to snow anytime soon and I'm a-okay with that.

Araciel
12-18-2015, 04:33 PM
lol trout off the hook

Laddy
12-21-2015, 11:49 PM
Snow is when lightning comes, right?

Crop
12-22-2015, 10:30 AM
Haven't had real snow UK wide for about 3 or 4 years now. I want it back, I want to have snowball fights with strangers again, go sledding, build snowmen and do snow angels. So much fun!

Hollycat
12-22-2015, 04:23 PM
Snow is when lightning comes, right?

EzclOi3lGE4

Loony BoB
12-23-2015, 01:01 PM
I like snow while it's falling. I like snow while it's settled on the ground. I don't like snow once it melts, or is driven over, or walked over repeatedly and turned into sludge. Basically while it's fresh and fluffy, snow is all good in my books. Sadly it expires all too soon.

NorthernChaosGod
12-24-2015, 01:32 AM
I've never seen snow. :(

I might be renting a cabin up at Big Bear though in January with some friends, in which case I'll just play in the snow the whole time.

DMKA
12-24-2015, 03:51 AM
I love snow when I can stay home inside a nice warm house and watch it from inside and no one ask me to go anywhere.

Otherwise, I hate snow. I hate driving in it with a passion.

Fortunately the weather is completely topsy turvy here in Ohio right now, so we haven't seen a snowflake yet this season! It's been like spring in December, with brisk 60 degree days and lots of rain. It's like Christmas in SoCal, but in Ohio! It's awesome! And a little scary!

starlet
12-24-2015, 04:28 PM
Oh you mean that white bullshit that falls from the sky? The shit that I have to scrape off of my windows on my car? The shit you have to shovel off of sidewalks and roads to be able to get anywhere? Then once I get to work people cancel on me because they too don't want to drive in said white bullshit? It's cold, it makes the roads slippery, and if you haven't guessed by now, I despise it. I'm so glad that we haven't really had snow at all this year and I hope it stays that way! Smurf snow!

Formalhaut
12-24-2015, 05:31 PM
I really like snow! I can understand the horrific traffic delays that can occur, but it's so pretty! Really, it doesn't feel like winter unless there's been at least some snow.

I don't think I've ever had a white Christmas, which is something I do miss.

Mirage
12-24-2015, 05:40 PM
you always struck me as a form over function kind of guy, formy

Formalhaut
12-24-2015, 05:43 PM

I'm trying to ascertain whether this is a compliment or a veiled insult. :confused:

Mr. Carnelian
12-24-2015, 06:04 PM

I'm trying to ascertain whether this is a compliment or a veiled insult. :confused:

It's just as well that you value form over function. Otherwise you'd never be able to put up with handsome, useless me! :p

Ayen
12-28-2015, 07:54 PM
The snow has arrived approximately three days late. We are preparing the appropriate punishment for its misconduct, of course.

http://i64.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/4l0lmv.jpg

Hardly enough snow to build a snowman or have a snowball fight. What kind of winter is this? NED STARK DIED IN VAIN!

escobert
12-29-2015, 04:38 PM
We've received a few inches overnight :)