PDA

View Full Version : If VI were VII

fat_moogle
12-18-2015, 01:25 AM
If FFVI on the SNES had used FFVII's story, and FFVII on PS1 used FFVI's story, which game do you think would have been more popular today?

Ayen
12-18-2015, 02:54 AM
I feel like VII would still be because I think the success was more right place at the right time. State of the art graphics (for 1997), new console, coming off a good game on the SNES, and a new generation of gamers getting introduced to the series and the genre.

Scotty_ffgamer
12-18-2015, 04:44 AM
Because VI VII VIII

Ayen
12-18-2015, 05:21 AM
Because VI VII VIII

No, no. VII VII IX.

fat_moogle
12-18-2015, 10:43 AM
I feel like VII would still be because I think the success was more right place at the right time. State of the art graphics (for 1997), new console, coming off a good game on the SNES, and a new generation of gamers getting introduced to the series and the genre.
Yeah, I think this too. Just think how different the compilation of FFVII would have been xD

maybee
12-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Whatever game that would've been on the PlayStation- because part of the big reasons why FF VII is so strongly loved is it because it's most people's very first rpg and it feels special towards them.

Saber
12-23-2015, 09:30 PM
Why did VI run away from VII? Cause seven ate nine.

Anyways I think when 3d graphics came out people were super excited. I don't think VII is a bad game but for its time VI was a really, really good game. My favorite Final Fantasy is VII because it really was the first game I played with 3d graphics. However when I played VI I argued with myself over which is the best game. It has more characters, summons, and the story is not so bad. So if VI was to come out with a remake I would def play it.