PDA

View Full Version : Which FF do you connect to the most?

Galuf
12-18-2015, 05:56 PM
Part of the reason i like ff9 so much is because it reminds me of stuff that has happened irl. I mean. It is during this time i realize this stuff.
Vivi reminds me of me... Scared. Confused. Doesnt know much, thats pretty much me right now.
Terra reminds me of the horrible kitten incident of this summer.
zidane is sort of how i feel, i always want to be nice to people. He wants to protect but its a similair state.
Amarant i get the feel he looks like he doesnt care but he secretly does which i was like at one point. Even quina reminds me i still have a sense of humour. So yes. Idk if i have worded this correctly but you get the idea. I was worrying if i should of made this thread but... Well if i dont post it who will.

Ayen
12-18-2015, 06:48 PM
X because of the religious themes and the characters affected by them since they're things I can relate to from my own life.

Rin Heartilly
12-18-2015, 08:34 PM
VIII of course ^^

The first time I played it I really clicked with Squall. The whole "I don't care about what anyone thinks of me but I secretly do" or being pessimistic in order to avoid future disappointment along with "even though I don't show it, I care just like anyone else would." He's still a very relatable character to me.

Also people need to stop calling him an 'emo' :colbert:. He doesn't sit around crying and slitting his wrists. The guy is a model student, shows the new kids around, plays Triple Triad with everyone he meets, dances with strangers, takes care of a baby chocobo, gives heartfelt speeches, he actually laughs a number of times in-game and KH Squall/Leon is your friendly neighbourhood good guy greg.

I should make a thread defending this poor dude :colbert:

maybee
12-18-2015, 10:52 PM
I don't know- but Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy X have both helped my depression. Final Fantasy IX told me that I'm not worthless and Final Fantasy X told me that looking back too much on the past is futile, just go forward.

Auron (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0571578/): Enough! Dwelling in the past is futile!

VIII of course ^^

The first time I played it I really clicked with Squall. The whole "I don't care about what anyone thinks of me but I secretly do" or being pessimistic in order to avoid future disappointment along with "even though I don't show it, I care just like anyone else would." He's still a very relatable character to me.

Also people need to stop calling him an 'emo' :colbert:. He doesn't sit around crying and slitting his wrists. The guy is a model student, shows the new kids around, plays Triple Triad with everyone he meets, dances with strangers, takes care of a baby chocobo, gives heartfelt speeches, he actually laughs a number of times in-game and KH Squall/Leon is your friendly neighbourhood good guy greg.

I should make a thread defending this poor dude :colbert:

Oh yeah ! FF VIII has helped me too ! Rinoa has helped heaps by her basically saying that you should focus on the now, rather than stressing about the past or the future and what COULD happen- I love Rinoa. She's helped so much.

And yes about Squall- poor guy is just traumatized and damaged from his rough childhood, he has some huge trust issues and struggles to open to people as he fears that they might be gone the next day. Squall may act like a cold, heartless human being- but in reality- he's scared.

And yeah, he's not 'emo'- he's just struggles trusting in others, because he doesn't want to be hurt emotionally again, like he was as a child when he lost Ellone.

TL;DR Squall is a underated main character.

Shiva95
12-19-2015, 01:25 PM
VI because it's the first one I played, and I played it with my dad because I was very young and he explained me everything. It will always has a special place in my heart. I also find a lot of me in Terra with her love for children.

Pike
12-19-2015, 03:03 PM
VI was the first one that really connected with me on an emotional level and that I saw myself in. Specifically, I was feeling a lot of regret at the time about things I'd done in my past, so I saw a lot of myself in Cyan.

Interestingly enough I wouldn't consider it one of my favorite FFs (not to say I don't love it, but there are like... three or four others that I love even more, haha.)